Sony 135mm f/2.8 Smooth Transition Focus Lens, Model SAL135F28
This unique one-of-a-kind lens has been specifically designed to deliver smooth transitions between crisp in-focus areas and creamily defocused background and foreground areas. It uses special apodization optics to produce images that seem to have an extra dimension, with high resolution at the plane of focus, gradually melting away to beautifully diffused out of focus rendition.
Smooth Trans Focus (STF)
Smooth Trans Focus (STF) employs a special "apodization" element that causes the intensity of the defocused point light sources to fade out radially so that no sharply defined edges or geometry remain.
Due to the STF design of the SAL135F28, the bokeh, or defocusing, on this lens is extraordinarily creamy and unique, going beyond the capabilities of conventional lens technology.
Manual focus only
Due to the unique characteristics of the STF technology, focusing can only be achieved manually. The effects are well worth the effort.
- Lens Type Standard & Medium Telephoto
- Aperture (Max.) f/2.8
- Aperture (Min.) f/31
- Filter Diameter 72mm
- Lens Groups-Elements 8 group, 6 elements
- Minimum Focus Distance 0.87m
- Aspheric Elements no aspheric
- Depth-of-Field Yes
- Distance Encoder Yes
- Angle of View 12° (35mm), 18° (APS-C)
- Aperture Blade 9 blades
- Dimensions (Max. Diameter x Length) 80mm x 99mm
- Focal Length (35mm equivalent) APS: 202.5mm (35mm Equivalent: 135mm)
- Magnification x 0.25
In the Box
- Front and rear lens cap
- ALC-SH0014 Solid-circular lens hood
- Lens carrying case
- Width: 3.125"
- Depth: 3.875"
- Unit: 1.625 lbs
- Shipping: 3 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): Limited 1 Year
Features and specifications are subject to change without notice