Bowers & Wilkins 600 Series HTM61 Red Cherry Center Channel Speaker, Model HTM61C
Bookshelf speakers and subwoofers often get the glory in speaker setups, but the true MVP of a home theater speaker system is the center channel speaker. Responsible for most of the dialogue in a surround-sound setup, the best center channel speakers can truly make or break your movie viewing experience. The Bowers & Wilkins HTM61 Center Channel Speaker brings the renowned sound quality of B&W speakers into an impressive 3-way center channel speaker that will help bring your movies to life.
The larger of two center channel offerings in B&W Speakers' 600 Series, the HTM61 is loaded with the audio technology that populates many of B&W's high-end models. Providing the sonic energy are a trio of high-tech drivers. A 6.5-inch woven Kevlar cone bass/midrange driver brings the deep mids, while another 6-inch FST driver provides more meticulous midranges. The FST Technology leverages the strengths of Kevlar construction to improve cone rigidity and response times, greatly improving sound fidelity. Finally, high frequency sounds are provided by a 1-inch aluminum dome tweeter, backed by the esteemed B&W Nautilus tube technology. This threesome powers out crisp, faithful dialogue for a movie experience that will rival cinema sound systems.
Of course, since center channel speakers usually sit up front with the television, B&W designed the HTM61 with complimentary aesthetics. You'll be proud to display it at the front and center of your theater setup. Available in either Red Cherry or Black Ash finish, the HTM61 fits in with a wide range of décors. Choose to use it with the included black mesh grill, or bare and display the gorgeous yellow Kevlar-coned drivers and brushed aluminum tweeter.
When used in conjunction with a full complement of B&W speakers, the HTM61 Center Channel Speaker injects your movies a realism that can only be achieved with a high-quality surround sound system. And it looks great doing it.
- Woven Kevlar Yes
- Crossover Tuning Yes
- Nautilius Tapering Tube Yes
- Flowport Yes
- FST Yes
- Technical Features
- Nautilus™ tube loaded aluminium dome tweeter
- Kevlar® brand fibre cone FST™ midrange
- Kevlar® brand fibre cone bass
- Magnetic shielding
- Description 3-way vented-box system
- Drive Units
- 1 x ø25mm (1 in) aluminium dome high-frequency
- 1 x ø150mm (6 in) woven Kevlar® cone FST™ midrange
- 1 x ø165mm (6.5 in) woven Kevlar® cone bass
- Frequency Range -6dB at 42Hz and 50kHz
- Frequency Response 49Hz - 22kHz ±3dB on reference axis
- Within 2dB of reference response
- Horizontal: over 20º arc
- Vertical: over 60º arc
- Sensitivity 90dB spl (2.83V, 1m)
- Harmonic Distortion
- 2nd and 3rd harmonics (90dB, 1m)
- <1% 90Hz - 22kHz
- <0.5% 120Hz - 20kHz
- Nominal Impedance 8Ω (minimum 3.0Ω)
- Crossover Frequencies 350Hz, 4kHz
- Crossover Filters
- 1st Order – tweeter
- 2nd Order – midrange low pass
- 2nd Order – midrange high pass
- 3rd Order – bass
- Recommended Amplifier Power 30W - 150W into 8Ω on unclipped programme
- Max. Recommended Cable Impedance 0.1Ω
- Finishes Red Cherry
- Height: 7.8"
- Width: 21.5"
- Depth: 13.4"
- Unit: 34 lbs
- Shipping: 40 lbs