Bowers & Wilkins 600 Series HTM62 Black Ash Center Channel Speaker, Model HTM62B
Nothing enhances the home theater movie experience like a quality surround sound system adding lifelike audio to the stunning visuals on your high definition LED TV. For the best surround sound experience possible, it's important to have an excellent center channel speaker, which is responsible for the dialogue from actors onscreen. The Bowers & Wilkins HTM62 Center Channel Speaker gives you a high-quality center channel option in a unit that is both reasonably price and reasonably sized.
The B&W HTM62 is designed for home theaters in small to medium-sized rooms. Part of the 600 Series of speakers, it matches well, both sonically and aesthetically, with B&W speakers like the 685 Bookshelf and 684 Floor Standing Speakers. Adding the HTM62 to pair of each of those speakers, in addition to a subwoofer, creates a formidable surround sound system.
To produce a wide range of sounds, the B&W HTM62 is outfitted with three drivers. A pair of 5-inch woven Kevlar cone midrange drivers pumps out the deeper sounds, while a 1-inch aluminum dome tweeter handles the higher frequencies. As a result, this center channel speaker delivers crisp, clear audio that will add that extra dimension to your viewing experience. Like all B&W speakers, quality craftsmanship is evident in the HTM62 center channel speaker. Even at a compact size, it possesses an impressive heft, with a solid cabinet construction and elegant Black Ash or Red Cherry finish.
- Woven Kevlar Yes
- Crossover Tuning Yes
- Nautilius Tapering Tube Yes
- Flowport Yes
- Technical Features
- Nautilus™ tube loaded aluminium dome tweeter
- Kevlar® brand fibre cone bass / midrange
- Magnetic shielding
- Description 2-way vented-box system
- Drive Units
- 1x ø25mm (1 in) aluminium dome high-frequency
- 2x ø130mm (5 in) woven Kevlar® cone bass / midrange
- Frequency Range -6dB at 45Hz and 50kHz
- Frequency Response 55Hz - 22kHz ±3dB on reference axis
- Within 2dB of reference response
- Horizontal: over 20º arc
- Vertical: over 60º arc
- Sensitivity 85dB spl (2.83V, 1m)
- Harmonic Distortion
- 2nd and 3rd harmonics (90dB, 1m)
- <1% 100Hz - 22kHz
- <0.5% 150Hz - 20kHz
- Nominal Impedance 8Ω (minimum 4.3Ω)
- Crossover Frequency 4kHz
- Crossover Filters
1st Order – tweeter
- Recommended Amplifier Power 25W - 120W into 8Ω on unclipped programme
- Max. Recommended Cable Impedance 0.1Ω
- Finish Black Ash
- Height: 6.7"
- Width: 17.3"
- Depth: 12.2"
- Unit: 20.1 lbs
- Shipping: 28 lbs