Bowers & Wilkins 600 Series Red Cherry 3-Way Floorstanding Speaker, Model 683C
The Bowers & Wilkins 683 Floorstanding Speaker is the ultimate choice for discerning listeners looking to create a stereo or surround sound system, but who don't have an unlimited budget. These formidable 3-way speakers are outfitted with some of the best technology B&W speakers have to offer, producing impressive sound that's suitable for large listening areas.
To produce a full range of sounds, the B&W 683 floorstanding speaker employs a quartet of high-tech drivers. Handling the low frequencies are a pair of 6.5-inch aluminum/paper/Kevlar bass drivers, and combined with the front-firing bass port, they put out deep bass you can truly feel. To cover the high end, the B&W 683 speakers are outfitted with a 1-inch aluminum dome tweeter which utilizes the renowned B&W Nautilus tube design to achieve frequencies even above the limits of human hearing. By capturing both high and low frequencies so accurately, the 5-inch midrange driver is left with less work to do, so it can more precisely reproduce the ever-important middle frequencies. And it does this with aplomb, thanks to the ultra-stiff Kevlar cone construction and FST technology, which limits transducer travel due to the lessened frequency coverage needed. The result is a driver that puts out ultra-tight middling tones with unparalleled clarity. Simply put, you will be astonished with the frequency response these B&W floorstanding speakers produce; a single pair pumps out crystal clear highs, booming lows, and everything in between.
The all-encompassing nature of the B&W 683 speakers lends a versatility that makes them a great choice for any audio system. Looking for high quality floorstanders to mate with a turntable for a simple, yet sweet stereo setup? A pair of B&W 683s will do the job, and then some. Their bass response eliminates the need for a subwoofer. If you're building the ultimate home theater system, add a 600 Series Center Channel, a pair of B&W 686 Speakers as rear channels and a 600 Series Subwoofer for an unbelievable, enveloping surround sound experience. The great thing about the B&W 600 Series Speaker line is that you can buy a piece at a time, as your budget—or taste—grows. Every piece is matched both sonically and aesthetically, available in a Cherry Red or Black Ash finish.
B&W Speakers have earned their place in the audiophile world as some of the best-sounding speakers available, and one listen to the 683 Floorstanding Speakers and you'll know why. And unlike most upper-echelon audio equipment, the B&W 683 Speakers are priced at a point that makes them attractive to those without an infinite budget.
- Woven Kevlar Yes
- Crossover Tuning Yes
- Nautilus Tapering Tube Yes
- Flowport Yes
- Mushrooms Yes
- FST Yes
- Technical Features
- Nautilus™ tube loaded aluminium dome tweeter
- Kevlar® brand fibre cone bass / midrange
- Aluminium/paper/Kevlar® cone bass driver
- Description 3-way vented-box system
- Drive Units
- 1x ø25mm (1 in) aluminium dome high-frequency
- 1x ø150mm (6 in) woven Kevlar® cone FST™midrange
- 2x ø165mm (6.5 in) Aluminium/paper/Kevlar® cone bass
- Frequency Range -6dB at 30Hz and 50kHz
- Frequency Response 38Hz - 22kHz ±3dB on reference axis
- Within 2dB of reference response
- Horizontal: over 60º arc
- Vertical: over 10º arc
- Sensitivity 90dB spl (2.83V, 1m)
- Harmonic Distortion
- 2nd and 3rd harmonics (90dB, 1m)
- <1% 90Hz - 22kHz
- <0.5% 120Hz - 20kHz
- Nominal Impedance 8Ω (minimum 3.0 Ω)
- Crossover Frequencies 350Hz, 4kHz
- Crossover Filters
- 1st Order – tweeter
- 2nd Order – midrange low pass
- 2nd Order – midrange high pass
- 3rd Order – bass
- Recommended Amplifier Power 25W - 200W into 8Ω on unclipped programme
- Max. Recommended Cable Impedance 0.1Ω
- Finish Red Cherry
- Height: 38.8"
- Width: 7.8"
- Depth: 13.4"
- Unit: 57.3 lbs
- Shipping: 65 lbs