Bowers & Wilkins CM Series Gloss Black Bookshelf Speakers, Model CM5GB
It’s a slightly larger speaker than its sibling the CM1, with even higher sensitivity and power handling, and better bass extension. It partners a sizable 165mm Kevlar® cone bass/midrange driver with a Nautilus™ tube-loaded aluminium dome tweeter, capable of keeping high frequencies crisp and sharp all the way up to 50kHz and beyond.
The quality of CM Series drive units has made it possible to use minimalist crossovers throughout the whole range. The resulting gentle transition between drivers avoids the unnaturally rapid changes in dispersion that bedevil more complex designs, while the high quality components, carefully chosen after exhaustive listening tests, ensure that as little as possible gets between you and the sound of the original recording.
All CM Series speakers come with aluminium driver trims. Grilles attach magnetically, so there are no unsightly grille-mounting features to spoil the clean lines of the speaker’s façade. For the finish, you can choose either one of two real-wood veneers in Rosenut or Wengé, or a highly polished gloss black.
- Woven Kevlar Yes
- Crossover Tuning Yes
- Nautilus Tapering Tube Yes
- Flowport Yes
- Technical Features
- Nautilus™ tube loaded aluminium dome tweeter
- Kevlar® brand fibre cone bass/midrange
- Description 2-way vented-box system
- Drive Units
- 1x ø25mm (1 in) aluminium dome high-frequency
- 1x ø165mm (6.5 in) woven Kevlar® cone bass/midrange
- Frequency Range -6dB at 45Hz and 50kHz
- Frequency Response 52Hz - 22kHz ±3dB on reference axis
- Within 2dB of reference response
- Horizontal: over 60º arc
- Vertical: over 10º arc
- Sensitivity 88dB spl (2.83V, 1m)
- Harmonic Distortion
- 2nd and 3rd harmonics (90dB, 1m)
- <1% 100Hz - 22kHz
- <0.5% 150Hz - 20kHz
- Nominal Impedance 8Ω (minimum 3.7 Ω)
- Crossover Frequency 4kHz
- Recommended Amplifier Power 30W - 120W into 8Ω on unclipped programme
- Max. Recommended Cable Impedance 0.1Ω
- Finish Gloss Black
- Height: 13.4"
- Width: 7.9"
- Depth: 11.9"
- Unit: 19.6 lbs
- Shipping: 26 lbs