Bowers & Wilkins CM Series Gloss Black Floor Standing Speakers, Model CM8GBK
The CM8 is an elegantly proportioned, slimmed down version of the award-winning CM9. A true three-way loudspeaker that will appeal to discerning customers who demand the very best sound quality, but have limited space in which to achieve it.
Like all the models in the CM Series, the CM8 uses crossovers of remarkable simplicity and quality, so what you hear is that much closer to the sound of the original recording. In its functional perfection and understated elegance, it’s nothing less than a masterpiece. Pure and simple.
All CM Series speakers come with chrome driver trims. Grilles attach magnetically, so there are no unsightly grille-mounting features to spoil the clean lines of the speaker’s façade. For the finish, you can choose either one of two real-wood veneers in Rosenut or Wengé, or the highly polished Gloss Black.
- Woven Kevlar Yes
- Crossover Tuning Yes
- Nautilus Tapering Tube Yes
- Flowport Yes
- FST Yes
- Technical Features
- Nautilus™ tube loaded aluminium dome tweeter
- Kevlar® brand fibre cone FST midrange
- Description 3-way vented-box system
- Drive Units
- 1x ø25mm (1 in) aluminium dome high-frequency
- 1x ø130mm (5 in) woven Kevlar® cone FST midrange
- 2x ø130mm (5 in) paper/Kevlar® cone bass
- Frequency Range -6dB at 43Hz and 50kHz
- Frequency Response 69Hz - 22kHz ±3dB on reference axis
- Within 2dB of reference response
- Horizontal: over 60º arc
- Vertical: over 10º arc
- Sensitivity 88dB spl (2.83V, 1m)
- Harmonic Distortion
- 2nd and 3rd harmonics (90dB, 1m)
- <1% 100Hz - 22kHz
- <0.5% 300Hz - 20kHz
- Nominal Impedance8Ω (minimum 3.0Ω)
- Crossover Frequency 350Hz, 4kHz
- Crossover Filters
- Bass unit 3rd-order low pass
- Midrange 2nd-order high-pass, 1st-order low-pass
- Tweeter 1st-order high-pass
- Recommended Amplifier Power 30W - 150W into 8Ω on unclipped programme
- Max. Recommended Cable Impedance 0.1Ω
- Cabinet Gloss Black
- Grille Black
- Height: 37.8"
- Width: 6.5"
- Depth: 10.9"
- Unit: 43 lbs
- Shipping: 50 lbs