Bowers & Wilkins CT Series Black Floor Standing Speaker, Model CT8LR
The CT8 LR is probably the most technologically advanced, custom installation home theatre speaker the world has ever seen or heard. At the heart of this slim, 3-way front channel speaker is technology borrowed directly from the flagship 800 Series; twin Rohacell® bass drivers, a woven Kevlar® FST™ midrange driver and a metal dome high frequency driver. Integration of the drivers is semi-active via the CT8 XO active crossover/equaliser.
The CT8 LR midrange and high-frequency drivers are held in a super-rigid spherical pod that incorporates Nautilus™ derived tube loading, cleverly curled-up for compactness. The pod orientation is even adjustable for perfect alignment with the listening area. The main enclosure housing the bass drivers is Matrix™ braced to provide a solid system foundation, and plays accurate, dynamic bass down to 23Hz, well into subwoofer territory.
*Sold as single speaker*
- Description 3-way closed-box system
- Frequency Range -6dB at 23Hz and 40kHz
- Frequency Response 29Hz – 24kHz ±3dB on reference axis
- Sensitivity 93dB spl (2.83V, 1m) (mf/hf)
- Within 2dB of reference response
- Horizontal: over 60º arc
- Vertical: over 10º arc
- Drive Units
- 1x ø32mm (1 in) metal dome high-frequency
- 1x ø150mm (6 in) woven Kevlar® cone FSTTM midrange
- 2x ø250mm (10 in) carbon fibre/rigid foam sandwich cone bass
- Height: 43.3"
- Width: 12.8"
- Depth: 21.65"
- Unit: 187 lbs
- Shipping: 200 lbs