Bowers & Wilkins CT Series CT8 DS Black Surround Speaker, Model CT8DS (Sold As Each)
To generate an authentically three-dimensional listening experience, the CT8 DS surround speaker handles both dipole and monopole surround dispersion. Along with a forward-facing Kevlar® FSTTM midrange and metal-dome high-frequency drivers, the CT8 DS also carries side-facing Kevlar® midrange/high frequency drivers.
*Sold as single speaker*
- Description 3-way monopole/2-way dipole selectable closed-box surround system
- Frequency Range
- -6dB at 26Hz and 40kHz (monopole mode)
- -6dB at 25Hz and 22kHz (dipole mode)
- Frequency Response
- 31Hz – 22kHz ±3dB on reference axis (monopole mode)
- 31Hz – 18kHz ±3dB power averaged over front hemisphere (dipole mode)
- Drive Units
- 1x ø32mm (1 in) alloy dome high-frequency
- 6x ø100mm (4 in) midrange/high-frequency
- 1x ø150mm (6 in) woven Kevlar® cone FST™ midrange
- 2x ø250mm (10 in) carbon fibre/rigid foam sandwich cone bass
- Sensitivity 93dB spl (2.83V, 1m)
- Monopole mode: within 2dB of reference response
- Horizontal: over 40º arc
- Vertical: over 10º arc
- Dipole mode: horizontal figure of eight
- Effective null zone ±30º (250Hz– 18kHz)
- Height: 43.3"
- Width: 12.8"
- Depth: 9.85"
- Unit: 165 lbs
- Shipping: 180 lbs