Bowers & Wilkins CI Series AM-1 Weatherproof Speakers, Model AM1W
The AM-1 Architectural Monitor offers a unique combination of high-quality sound and supreme flexibility. Articulate, exciting and powerful, AM-1 avoids the compromises commonly associated with versatile, all-weather monitors, and delivers all the performance expected of a Bowers & Wilkins loudspeaker.
A two-way design, AM-1 features an inverted drive unit configuration, with a 25mm aluminium-dome tweeter mounted below rather than above a 5inch glass-fibre bass/midrange driver. This ensures optimal dispersion of sound when the speaker is mounted high on the wall. AM-1¡¯s low-frequency output is bolstered by the use of a rear-mounted auxiliary bass radiator (ABR). Used instead of a conventional bass reflex port, the ABR endows AM-1 with exceptional bass response for a cabinet of its size. Unlike a port, it also provides AM-1¡¯s cabinet with a continual seal against the elements. This combination of advanced drive units, unique configuration and classically simple crossover components combines to create a loudspeaker as musical as it is flexible.
AM-1 has been carefully designed to be easy to install and very flexible. Designed to be positioned in either landscape or portrait mode, AM-1 combines a rust-proof aluminium grille with a rigid cabinet composed of glass-filled plastics, ensuring class-leading resistance to extremes of dust, moisture and UV exposure. And while it has very obvious benefits outside, its discreet styling and impressive performance will also find favour for use internally.
- Technical Features
- Nautilus¢â tube loaded aluminium dome tweeter
- Glassfibre cone bass/midrange
- Auxiliary Bass Radiator (ABR)
- Description 2-way system with Auxiliary Bass Radiator (ABR)
- Drive Units
- 1x ©ª25mm (1in) aluminium dome high-frequency
- 1x ©ª130mm (5in) glassfibre cone bass/midrange
- Frequency Range -6dB at 46Hz and 50kHz (wall mounted)
- Frequency Response 51Hz - 22kHz on reference axis (wall mounted)
- Sensitivity 86dB (2.83V, 1m)
- Total Harmonic Distortion <1% 200Hz - 20kHz (86dB, 1m)
- Nominal Impedance 8¥Ø (5.2¥Ø min)
- Recommended Amplifier Power 20W - 100W into 8¥Ø on unclipped programme power
- Finish White
- Height: 12.25"
- Width: 7"
- Depth: 8.25"
- Unit: 8.8 lbs
- Shipping: 12 lbs