Bowers & Wilkins 800 Series Diamond Piano Black Gloss Floor Standing Speaker, Model 800D2GB
The speaker of choice for the world’s most demanding recording studios, and a legend among serious sound enthusiasts everywhere, the 800 Diamond is the top speaker in the range – and very probably the finest speaker you will ever hear. Quite simply, the ultimate loudspeaker.
You’ll find the flagship 800 Series loudspeaker at work wherever exceptional sound quality really matters, the world-famous Abbey Road Studios in London to Skywalker Sound, the Californian studio where Hollywood puts music to movies. For sheer, unadulterated realism, these professionals say it’s the best there is. And who are we to argue?
The iconic design of the flagship 800 Series Diamond speaker, with drive units housed in separate, curvaceous enclosures, has its roots back in our design for the very first 800 Series speaker - the Matrix 801. Back then we discovered that isolating the units created a much purer, more balanced sound. The same principle applies today.
- Technical Features
- Free-mounted diamond dome tweeter
- Nautilus™ tube tweeter loading
- Quad magnet tweeter motor
- Kevlar® brand fibre cone FST™ midrange
- Sphere/tube midrange enclosure
- Rohacell® cone bass
- Dual magnet bass driver motor
- Matrix™ cabinet
- Description 3-way vented-box system
- Drive Units
- 1x ø25mm (1 in) diamond dome high-frequency
- 1x ø150mm (6 in) woven Kevlar® cone FST™ midrange
- 2x ø250mm (10 in) Rohacell® cone bass
- Frequency Response 32Hz - 28kHz ±3dB on reference axis
- Horizantal: over 60º arc
- Vertical: over 10º arc
- Sensitivity 90dB spl (2.83V, 1m)
- Harmonic Distortion
- 2nd and 3rd harmonics (90dB, 1m)
- <1% 45Hz - 100kHz
- <0.5% 80Hz - 100kHz
- Nominal Impedance 8Ω (minimum 3.1Ω)
- Crossover Frequencies 350Hz, 4kHz
- Recommended Amplifier Power 50W - 1000W into 8Ω on unclipped programme
- Max. Recommended Cable Impedance 0.1Ω
- Cabinet Piano Black Gloss
- Grille Black Cloth
- Height: 46.5"
- Width: 17.7"
- Depth: 25.4"
- Unit: 225 lbs
- Shipping: 235 lbs