Bowers & Wilkins 800 Series Diamond Piano Black Gloss Floor Standing Speaker, Model 803D2GB (Sold As Each)
The 803 Diamond might look almost as imposing as the 802 Diamond, but thanks to its smaller footprint and more traditional cabinet design, it will fit more comfortably into a home environment. With three massive 7” Rohacell® bass drivers, it delivers almost as much bass as the 802 Diamond, filling even the largest of domestic rooms with rich, stunningly lifelike sound.
The design and proportions of the top two speakers in the range are derived at for sound acoustic reasons – but understandably, not everyone wants the visual disruption that such a radical piece of furniture can create in a home environment. The 803 Diamond takes up less space and is arguably easier on the eye – but thanks to its three bass drivers, it generates a sound that’s almost a match for its bigger brothers.
For the 800 Series Diamond range, we’ve refined the science of magnet motor design to a fine art. Each of the 803 Diamond’s three bass drivers are powered by a dual magnet motor system, creating a more symmetrical magnetic field and reducing harmonic distortion. Meanwhile a unique quad magnet design keeps the tweeter running cool and smooth, even at the highest frequencies.
- Woven Kevlar Yes
- Crossover Tuning Yes
- Nautilus Tapering Tube Yes
- Flowport Yes
- Mushrooms Yes
- FST Yes
- Tweeter on Top Yes
- Matrix Yes
- Rohacell Yes
- Diamond Tweeters Yes
- De-coupling Yes
- Quad Magnet Tweeter Motor Yes
- Dual Magnet Tweeter Motor Yes
- Description 3-way vented-box system
- Drive Units
- 1x ø25mm (1 in) diamond dome high-frequency
- 1x ø150mm (6 in) woven Kevlar® cone FST™ midrange
- 3x ø180mm (7 in) Rohacell® cone bass
- Frequency Range 6dB at 28Hz and 33kHz
- Frequency Response 35Hz – 28kHz ±3dB on reference axis
- Within 2dB of reference response
- Horizantal: over 60º arc
- Vertical: over 10º arc
- Sensitivity 90dB spl (2.83V, 1m)
- Harmonic Distortion
- 2nd and 3rd harmonics (90dB, 1m)
- <1% 50Hz – 100kHz
- <0.5% 90Hz –100kHz
- Nominal Impedance 8Ω (minimum 3.0Ω)
- Crossover Frequencies 350Hz, 4kHz
- Recommended Amplifier Power 50W – 500W into 8Ω on unclipped programme
- Max. Recommended Cable Impedance 0.1Ω
- Cabinet Piano Black Gloss
- Grille Black cloth
- Height: 45.8"
- Width: 12"
- Depth: 18"
- Unit: 90 lbs
- Shipping: 100 lbs