Bowers & Wilkins PM1 Mocha Gloss Compact Loudspeakers, Model PM1MG (Sold As Pair)
The PM1 is a luxury, compact loudspeaker; the latest in a long line of Bowers & Wilkins audiophile mini monitors. It offers an extremely high-quality audio performance, and features several technological innovations.
This includes the new Carbon Braced Tweeter. An aluminium dome is strategically stiffened with a wound ring of carbon fibre, pushing the breakup frequency to above 40kHz, providing a marked improvement in performance in the audible frequencies below 20kHz. The PM1 cabinet is also unlike anything previously constructed by Bowers & Wilkins. It combines the Matrix bracing system for greater rigidity, with a new moulded baffle and top plate for improved image localization.
The enclosure, crossover and terminals are all designed to achieve maximum synergy between all the components. The result is a loudspeaker that is expansive, with incredibly coherent staging aided by the new Carbon Braced Tweeter. Coupled with unprecedented levels of scale and authority for such a compact design.
- Description 2-way vented-box system
- Technical Features
- Nautilus™ tube loaded tweeter with carbon fibre reinforced aluminium dome
- Kevlar® brand fibre cone bass / midrange
- Drive Units
- 1x ø25mm (1in) reinforced aluminium dome high-frequency
- 1x ø130mm (5 in) woven Kevlar® cone bass / midrange
- Frequency Response 48Hz - 22kHz ±3dB on reference axis
- Frequency Range -6dB at 42Hz and 60kHz
- Within 2dB of reference response
- Horizontal: over 60º arc
- Vertical: over 10º arc
- Sensitivity 84dB spl (2.83V, 1m)
- Harmonic Distortion
- 2nd and 3rd harmonics (90dB, 1m)
- <1% 110Hz - 22kHz
- Nominal Impedance 8Ω (minimum 5.1Ω)
- Crossover Frequency 4kHz
- Recommended Amplifier Power 30W - 100W into 8Ω on unclipped programme
- Max. Recommended Cable Impedance 0.1Ω
- Finish Mocha Gloss
- Grille Black
- Height: 25.6"
- Width: 10.6"
- Depth: 11.8"
- Unit: 20.5 lbs
- Shipping: 25 lbs