Microsoft Office 365 University, Model R4T00042
Microsoft Office 365 for education gives academic institutions a familiar Microsoft Office desktop suite with online versions of next-generation communications and collaboration services.
- Work and study your way
With time-saving features and a clean, modern look across all your programs,
school assignment and personalprojects can get done even faster. Plus, save
your documents in the cloud on SkyDrive to access virtually anywhere.5
- 4 year subscription exclusively for eligible higher education students,
faculty and staff3
- Office on 2 PCs or Macs plus select mobile devices4
- Get the latest versions of the Office apps and access to Cloud Services1
- NOTE: Compatible with Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2,
or Windows Server 2012. Does not run onWindows XP or Vista. Looking for
Windows 8? Get ithere.
- Sign in to your Office
- Keep work and personal files closeat home, in class or on the move.
- Your settings and documents stay with you.Switch between devices and
pick up right where you left off.
- Store more in the cloud. With your extra 20 GB SkyDrive storage, your
notes, photos, and files are alwaysaccessible.
- Simplify how you share
- Edit documents in real time. Share schedules, notes, and thelatest
news with family and friends around the world.
- Share documents and edits in real time. Keep changes to documents or
OneNote notebooks up-to-date, even whenmore than one person is editing
- Stay in touch wherever you are. Call phones in 40+ countries with 60
minutes of Skype calls eachmonth.
- Turn ideas into captivating docs
- Start fast by using the great-looking templates on the Startscreen,
then polish your work with new tools.
- Work the way you want. Capture your ideas using keyboard, pen, or touchscreen.
- Work with documents in new ways. Pull content from .pdf's straight into
- Easily create multi-media projects. Drag and drop pictures, videos,
and online media into yourprojects.
Equip yourself for school and beyond
- In the new read mode, text reflows automatically in columns for easier on-screen
reading. Fewer menus mean higherfocus on your content, accompanied only by
tools that add value to your reading.
- Open a PDF in Word, and enjoy editing content, such as paragraphs, lists
and tables, as if you created it inWord.
- Show your style and professionalism with templates, plus save time. Browse
Word templates in more than 40categories.
- In Excel 2013 each workbook has in its own window, making it easier to work
on two workbooks at once. It alsomakes life easier when you’re working
on two monitors.
- You’ll find several new functions in the math and trigonometry, statistical,
engineering, date and time, lookupand reference, logical, and text function
- The new Recommended Charts button on the Insert tab lets you pick from a
variety of charts that are right foryour data. Related types of charts like
scatter and bubble charts are under one umbrella.
- Smoothly draw, erase, and edit with your finger, stylus, or mouse on any
touch-capable device, such as a TabletPC or a Windows 8 tablet or slate PC.
If you need to share your handwritten notes and care about legibility, OneNotecan
automatically convert your handwriting to text.
- The improved Send to OneNote tool makes it easier than ever to clip whatever
you’re seeing on your screen, send aWeb page or an entire document to
a notebook section, or to jot down Quick Notes that are automatically saved
andfiled as part of your notebook.
- You can attach just about any computer file to any part of your notes, which
stores a copy of the file in yournotebook. You can also create or import Excel
spreadsheets and Visio diagrams right within OneNote and edit theirinformation
in place in your notes.
- Presenter View allows you to see your notes on your monitor while the audience
only sees the slide. In previousreleases, it was difficult to figure out who
saw what on which monitor. The improved Presenter View fixes thatheadache
and makes it simpler to work with.
- No more eyeballing objects on your slides to see if they’re lined up.
Smart Guides automatically appear when yourobjects, such as pictures, shapes,
and more, are close to even, and they also tell you when objects are spacedevenly.
- PowerPoint now supports more multimedia formats, such as .mp4 and .mov with
H.264 video and Advanced Audio Coding(AAC) audio, and more high-definition
content. PowerPoint 2013 includes more built-in codecs so you don’t have
toinstall them for certain file formats to work.
- The People Card collects all the key details about a contact in one place:
phone, email, address, company info,social media updates, even whether they’re
available. From the card, you can schedule a meeting, send an instantmessage,
or give them a call, making it a one-stop-shop for all communication.
- Your calendar can tell you much more than just the time of your next appointment.
You can add your local weatherforecast right there in Calendar view, along
with current conditions.
- Receive push-based email, appointments, and contacts from Outlook.com, and
Outlook.com (formerly Hotmail) - allconveniently delivered right into your
- Simply type what you need to track and Access uses table templates to deliver
an app that does the job.
- Never again get "lost in the data." A standardized app framework
makes navigating apps familiar andeasy.
- Entering data accurately is a breeze with drop-down menus and recommendations
that appear when you begintyping.
- Create dynamic publications in very little time when you insert and customize
prebuilt building blocks ofcontent, both built-in and from the Publisher community,
directly from Publisher 2010. Choose from an array of pageparts—such
as sidebars and stories—as well as calendars, borders, advertisements,
- Use professional-looking effects for text, shapes and pictures, including
softer shadows, reflections, andOpenType features such as ligatures and stylistic
- Use Publisher to search your online albums on Facebook, Flickr and other
services and add pictures directly tothe document, without having to save
- Required Processor: 1 gigahertz (Ghz) or faster x86- or x64-bit processor
with SSE2 instruction set
- Required Operating System: Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008
R2, or Windows Server 2012
- Required Memory: 1 GB RAM (32 bit); 2 GB RAM (64 bit)
- Required Hard Disk Space: 3.0 GB available
- Required Display: Graphics hardware acceleration requires a DirectX
10 graphics card and 1024 x 576 resolution
- Required .NET Version: 3.5, 4.0, or 4.5
- Multi-touch: A touch-enabled device is required to use any multi-touch
functionality. However, all features and functionality are always available
by using a keyboard, mouse, or other standard or accessible input device.
Note that new touch features are optimized for use with Windows 8.
- Additional System Requirements: Some functionality may vary, based
on the system configuration. Some features may require additional or advanced
hardware or server connectivity.
Note: System requirements are rounded up to the nearest 0.5 GB, to be conservative.
For example, if we measure an application’s required hard disk space
to be 1.99 GB, we recommend 2.5 GB of disk space. Our hard disk system requirements
are intentionally larger than the actual disk space usage of the software.
A graphics processor helps increase the performance of certain features, such
as drawing tables in Excel 2013 or transitions, animations, and video integration
in PowerPoint 2013. Use of a graphics processor with Office 2013 requires
a Microsoft DirectX 10-compliant graphics processor that has 64 MB of video
memory. These processors were widely available in 2007. Most computers that
are available today include a graphics processor that meets or exceeds this
standard. However, if you or your users do not have a graphics processor,
you can still run Office 2013.
Features and specifications are subject to change without notice
 Application availability and features vary by platform and device. Publisher,
Access and OneNote available on PC only. Current Office application versions
for Office 365 are Office 2013 for Windows and Office 2011 for Mac. Customers
with an active subscription will be entitled to the newest versions when available.
 Skype account required. Excludes special premium and non-geographic numbers.
Calls to mobiles are for select countries only. Skype world minutes available
in select countries. See FAQ for details.
 This offer is only made available to eligible students under the program
terms and conditions. Find out if you're eligible.
 See office.com/information for applicable devices. Internet connection required.
Internet and mobile telephone usage charges may apply.
 Windows 7 or 8 OS and Internet connection required.
 Limits: Each eligible student, faculty, and staff can purchase a maximum
of two Office 365 University products. Eligible students, faculty, and staff
can only activate a second Office 365 University product three years after the
*Compatible with Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, or Windows Server
2012. Does not run on Windows XP or Vista.