Tamron SP 70-200mm f/2.8 DI VC USD Nikon Camera Lens - AFA009N700
Telephoto Evolved. The Next Step.
High performance fast tele zoom delivering leading-edge image quality and featuring
Tamron VC image stabilization and USD autofocus for speedy and accurate AF response.
- Higher function for great photos
The apex of telephoto lenses in a compact package. “SP 70-200mm F/2.8
Di VC USD”(*1) with VC (Vibration Compensation) image stabilization delivers
leading-edge image quality in a body that’s smallest(*2) in its class.
Equipped with Tamron’s proprietary USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive) motor,
this lens boasts a speedy autofocus so that you can capture that one decisive
moment. For sports, journalism, fashion, weddings, or even landscapes, the
70-200mm will exceed your expectations every time.
- Technology and innovation all packed into one small place
The most compact*2 lens body in its class, and it’s equipped with Tamron’s
USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive) motor and VC (Vibration Compensation) image
stabilization to reduce camera shake so you can achieve the previously unobtainable.
- Delivering leading-edge image quality
With one special XLD (Extra Low Dispersion) glass(*3) and four LD (Low Dispersion)
elements, this lens offers a new level of correction for chromatic aberrations.
The new advanced optical design delivers higher performance with excellent
contrast and resolution.
- USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive)
The quiet high-torque USD motor ensures a speedy and accurate autofocus response.
- Add 4 stops for shake-free shooting: VC (Vibration Compensation)
This high-speed F/2.8 telephoto zoom lens is equipped with the VC mechanism
that delivers sharp and vivid viewfinder images. Even in low-light situations,
VC reduces camera shake to deliver sharp images.
- Rounded diaphragm and high-speed deliver spectacular blur effects
Using a rounded diaphragm(*4), this lens achieves spectacular blur effects.
By distinctively blurring backgrounds and foregrounds this high-speed lens
creates images that bring your subject into focus, thus to life.
- Full-time manual focus
Fine focus adjustments using manual focus can be made during autofocus shooting,
without the need to change focus mode.
- Moisture-resistant construction helps protect from the elements
Moisture-resistant construction helps prevent moisture from penetrating the
- Lens Construction (Groups/Elements): 17/23
- Angle of View (Diagonal):
- 34°21'-12°21' (with full-size SLR cameras)
- 22°33'-7°59' (with APS-C sized sensor digital SLR cameras)
- Minimum Aperture: F/32
- Minimum Focus Distance: 1.3m (51.2 in)
- Macro Magnification Ratio: 1: 8 (at f=200mm: MFD 1.3m)
- Filter Diameter: ø77
- Diaphragm Blade Number: 9 (rounded diaphragm)(*3)
- Accessory: Flower-shaped Lens hood
- Mount: Canon, Nikon, Sony(*4)
- Length: 188.3mm (7.4in)
- Extended Length 196.7mm (7.7in)
- Diameter F85.8mm
- Unit 3.24 lbs
- Shipping 4 lbs
*1: Length is the distance between the mount face and the tip of the lens.
*2: Entire length is the distance between the tip of the lens and the tip of
*3: This rounded diaphragm retains a nearly circular shape even when taken two
stops down from its fully open state.
*4: The Sony mount does not include VC, as Sony digital SLR bodies include image