Norton by Symantec AntiVirus 2013, Model 21249786
Stop viruses and spyware with the industry's most effective protection. Norton AntiVirus 2013 delivers powerful protection against viruses and spyware that won't slow you down.
- Five patented layers of protection quickly and accurately detect and eliminate
viruses and spyware
- Lets you download and freely share without getting or passing on viruses
- Protects your privacy and prevents your passwords and identity from being
stolen when you surf the Web
- Norton™ Protection System – Our 5 patented layers of protection
detect and eliminate threats more quickly and accurately than other technologies.
- Browser Protection – Proactively protects you by checking for and blocking
online threats as your browser loads, to stop online threats before they can
- SONAR Behavioral Protection & Live 24x7 Threat Monitoring – Stays
ahead of, detects and eliminates threats that haven’t been invented yet
by watching your PC for suspicious activity.
- Threat-removal Layer – Targets and eliminates hard-to-remove threats
less sophisticated products often miss.
- Insight – Improves performance by identifying safe files and only scanning
- Download Insight 2.0 – Protects you from dangerous applications before
you install them by telling you if they are harmful or unstable.
- Always up-to-date Product Version – Norton™ automatically sends
you important product and feature updates throughout the year. The latest
version installs without you needing to do anything.
- FREE 24x7 Support – Offers you expert help and answers by phone, live
chat or online, whenever you need them.1
- Norton™ Management – Cloud-based controls let you fix, update,
renew and install Norton™ AntiVirus over the Internet with a few simple
clicks. It brings together your available Norton™ protection for other
devices, like your Mac® computer, smartphone or tablet, in one place.
- Bandwidth Management 2.0 – Automatically adjusts Norton™ data
usage updates when you connect to 3G networks to avoid using up your monthly
data allotment or causing overage fees.
- Vulnerability Protection – Stops cybercriminals from using security
holes (vulnerabilities) in applications to sneak threats onto your PC.
- Norton™ Pulse Updates – Updates your protection every 5 to 15
minutes, without disrupting you.
- Language(s): English
- Category: Security applications
- Subcategory: Security - desktop antivirus
Service & Support
- Service & Support: New releases update
- Service & Support Details: Virus definitions update - 1 year - availability: 24 hours a day / Monday-Sunday
- Package Type: Retail
- License Qty: 1 user
- License Pricing: Standard
- Distribution Media: CD-ROM
- License Validation Period: 1 year
- Platform: Windows
- License Type: Subscription package
- Operating Systems Supported
- Microsoft® Windows® XP (32-bit) Home/Professional/Tablet PC/Media
Center (32-bit) with Service Pack 2 or later
- Microsoft Windows Vista® (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter/Home Basic/Home
Premium/Business/Ultimate with Service Pack 1 or later
- Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter/Home Basic/Home Premium/Professional/Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows 8 and Windows 8 Pro (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Minimum Hardware Requirements
- 300 MHz for Microsoft Windows XP, 1 GHz for Microsoft Windows Vista/Microsoft
Windows 7/Windows 8
- 256 MB of RAM
- 300 MB of available hard disk space
- CD-ROM or DVD drive (if not installing via electronic download)
- Browser Support for Vulnerability Protection
- Microsoft Internet Explorer® 7.0 or higher (32-bit only)1
- Mozilla® Firefox® (32-bit only)1,2
Email scanning supported for POP3-compatible email clients
Features and specifications are subject to change without notice