Bowers & Wilkins FPM Series Black Flat Panel Monitor Speaker, Model FPM6B
With an enclosure height to match the height of 60-inch plasma screens, the FPM6 is the largest model in the FPM Series. Compared to the other models, its enclosure is not only longer, it's wider too, which allows the use of two larger Kevlar® cone bass/midrange drivers each side of the Nautilus™ tube-loaded tweeter. Higher output level capability and greater bass extension result, but timbre matching allows complete freedom to mix different models for left and right front, centre and surround if desired.
Freedom and flexibility extend to the four possible mounting options. Use the supplied wall bracket if no tilting of the speaker is needed. If it is, use an Omnimount® type 20.0 or other compatible bracket to get up to 10º of downward tilt. If using a tabletop stand for your screen, simply do the same with the speakers, using the optional table stand. Finally, there is an optional floor stand that supports the speaker at the ideal listening height.
- Woven Kevlar Yes
- Crossover Tuning Yes
- Nautilus Tapering Tube Yes
- Technical features
- Kevlar®cone bass / midrange
- Description 2½-way vented-box system
- Drive Units
- 2x ø130mm (5 in) Kevlar® cone bass / midrange
- 1x ø25mm (1 in) alloy dome high-frequency
- Frequency Range -6dB at 55Hz and 42kHz
- Frequency Response 65Hz – 22kHz ±3dB on reference axis
- Dispersion Within 2dB of reference response
- Horizantal over 40º arc
- Vertical over 10º arc
- Sensitivity 88dB spl (2.83V, 1m)
- Harmonic Distortion
- 2nd and 3rd harmonics (88dB, 1m)
- <1% 100Hz – 20kHz
- <0.5% 200Hz – 10kHz
- Nominal Impedance 8Ω (minimum 3.5 Ω)
- Crossover Frequencies 180Hz, 4.8kHz
- Recommended Amplifier Power 25W – 150W into 8Ω on unclipped programme
- Max. Recommended Cable Impedance 0.1Ω
- Finish High gloss black with black cloth
- Table & Floor Stands Silver
- Height: 51.6"
- Width: 10.3"
- Depth: 8.8"
- Unit: 15 lbs
- Shipping: 20 lbs