Newer Technology Data Doubler Optical To SATA Drive Converter Bracket, Model OWCDDAMBS0GB
Includes everything needed to replace your optical drive with a second
drive or Solid State Drive
Add up to an additional 1.0TB of internal storage. Add a Solid State Drive (SSD) for near instantaneous boot and app load. Even create a RAID array! Includes bracket, 5 piece toolkit, screws, and detailed installation guide for complete all in one solution.
Configuration flexibility is yours when you replace your MacBook or MacBook Pro's internal SuperDrive with the Newer Technology Data Doubler. This custom engineered blue anodized aluminum bracket with attached PCB circuit board comes ready to mount any 9.5mm tall 2.5" SATA hard disk drive and even Solid State Drives. Then, just install the entire assembly into a MacBook or MacBook Pro 5.25" optical drive bay. Newer Technology Data Doubler makes it easy to custom design how you want your internal storage to perform. Installed drives are recognized like any other high speed SATA storage device and can be setup and partitioned using the Apple Disk Utility Program.
- Supports SATA / SATA 3G / SATA 6G Interface 2.5" Drive or SSD of up to 9.5mm height
- Create an individual volume with its own desktop icon
- Combine a new drive with the existing internal drive for one larger volume (SPAN)
- Combine a new matching drive with existing internal for high-performance RAID-0 Stripe volume
- Configuring a new drive as a Time Machine backup drive
- Formatting one drive for the Mac OS and the other dedicated for Windows
- Height: .03"
- Width: 5"
- Depth: 5"
Approximate Shipping Weight: