Classe Delta Series Monaural Silver 600W Audio Amplifier, Model CAM600
Our newest Delta series amplifiers embody all that Classé represents: innovation, technological achievement, consummate craftsmanship,and iconic design. But they are not just the latest in the distinguished line of Classé amplifiers to be launched since 1980. They are new, revolutionary and unique.
- Performance First
- The original Delta series amplifiers won more than critical acclaim. Elite audio professionals use them to master music and movies that the whole world has enjoyed. Our newest amplifiers are even better. Objectively, pure technical measurements prove they deliver our highest performance ever. Subjectively, they simply blow audiences away.
The Classé design team has created the ultimate environment toamplify an audio signal. The entire amplification process occurs ona single board, creating the most direct and transparent signal pathconceivable. Our uniquely miniaturized driver stage is virtually noise free, so every nuance of the original signal reaches the output stage. Here, vast quantities of clean power are controlled with absolute precision. Suddenly, the world’s finest speakers sound even better.
- Performance Fast
- There is a relationship between temperature and performance but it is widely misunderstood. Audiophiles say that optimal performance is obtained when an amplifier is “warmed up,” but what does this actually mean? When is it warm enough and when is it too warm? The exposed heatsink fins found on conventional amplifiers are passive. They can’t help circuits reach their ideal temperature or keep them there throughout a listening session. They run at a temperature wholly defined by their environment and how loud they are playing. This can be far from ideal.
Heat management in Classé’s new Delta series amplifiers is providedby the ICTunnel™ (pronounced Icy Tunnel), a sensor- and microprocessor- controlled technology inspired by the heatsinks found in high-power laser and medical equipment. Mounted inside the unit, the ICTunnel™ actively regulates the amplifier temperature to ensure both optimum performance and reliability.
From room temperature, the amplifiers warm up fast. They reach their ideal temperature in less than fifteen minutes and remain there regardless of how hard they are driven. No conventional heatsink can do this.
- In A Class By Itself
- Ground-breaking performance, prodigious power, sophisticated controland rock-steady reliability—Classé’s new Delta series is a giant leap in amplifier design. Thanks to exclusive ICTunnel™ and audio technologies, only Classé amplifiers can consistently deliver top performance and reliability in every installation.
- Frequency Response: 1 Hz - 100 kHz, -3dB
- Output Power:
- 600W rms into 8Ω (27.8 dBW)
- 1200W rms into 4Ω (27.8 dBW)
- Harmonic Distortion:
- <0.002% at 1 kHz balanced
- <0.004% at 1 kHz single ended
- Peak Output Voltage:
- 226V peak to peak, 80V rms no load
- 206V peak to peak, 73V rms into 8Ω
- Input Imedance: 50kΩ balanced / single ended
- Voltage Gain: 29dB balanced / single ended
- Input Level At Clipping: 2.86V rms balanced / single ended
- Intermodulation Distortion:
- >100dB below fundamental into 8Ω balanced / single ended
- >90dB below fundamental into 4Ω balanced / single ended
- Signal To Noise Ratio: -120dB at peak output into 8Ω
- Output Impedance: 0.03Ω @ 1 kHz
- Standby Power Consumption: < 1W
- Rated Power Consumption: 440W @ 1/8th power into 8Ω
- Width 17.5"
- Depth 17.52"
- Height 8.78"