Dyson White Airblade V Hand Dryer - AB12W
Concetrated Airblade hadn drying technology The development of the Dyson
digital motor V4 - one of the world's smallest 1400W motors, has enabled Dyson
engineers to build a hand dryer that protrudes just four inches from the wall.
It dries hands hygienically in 12 seconds.
The Dyson digital motor V4 was seven years in the making - it's one of the
world's smallest fully-integrated 1400W motors. It's the only hand dryer motor
powerful enough to draw in 28 liters of air a second through a HEPA filter,
and then dry hands in 12 seconds.
This long-life, energy-efficient motor is digitally switched at 6,100 times
per second, making the high compression fan spin 92,000 times a minute. There
are only three moving parts, so there are no slip rings or carbon brushes to
- Slim profile Because of bulky motors, other hand dryers may protrude
too far from the wall. They may have to be recessed into the wall, which can
be costly. Because the Dyson Airblade V hand dryer uses the latest Dyson digital
motor it is just 4 inches deep, so it complies with the Americans with Disabilities
Act. It can be installed without additional recessing costs.
- 12 second dry time Testing based on the National Sanitation Foundation's
Protocol P335 (NSF P335) shows that most other hand dryers are much slower
than their manufacturers claim. Many people give up when using a slow hand
dryer. But damp hands can spread up to 1,000 times more bacteria than dry
hands. Testing based on NSF Protocol P335 proves that Dyson Airblade™ hand
dryers are the fastest. The Dyson Airblade V hand dryer dries hands hygienically
in 12 seconds.
- The most hygienic hand dryer Most other hand dryers are unhygienic.
They don't filter bacteria from the restroom air. They suck in dirty air then
blow it back onto hands. The Dyson Airblade V hand dryer uses two HEPA filters
to remove 99.97% of bacteria at 0.3 microns from the air used to dry hands.
So hands are dried using cleaner air, not dirty air. Only Dyson Airblade™
hand dryers are certified hygienic by independent public health specialists,
NSF international. No other hand dryers meet every part of the NSF Protocol
P335. As well as having a fast dry time and HEPA filters, the Dyson Airblade
V hand dryer also has touch-free operation and an antimicrobial coating.
- Lowest running costs Most other hand drying methods are expensive
to run. Paper towels need restocking and disposal. Most other hand dryers
are slow, and many use a heating element, so they're energy-hungry. The Dyson
Airblade V hand dryer costs up to 69% less to run than other hand dryers per
year, and up to 97% less than paper towels.
- Low impact on the environment Dyson Airblade™ hand dryers produce
at least 73% less CO2 than some other hand dryers and up to 69% less than
recycled paper towels.
- Antimicrobial coating Sealed casing infused with antimicrobial additives
to protect the product.
- Dries each hand separately Most hand dryers have one narrow column
of air that can chase water around hands, missing areas and leaving wet patches.
The Dyson Airblade V hand dryer uses two sheets of air that span the width
of each hand to scrape off water like a windshield wiper.
- Touch-free operation Capacitive sensors activate air to dry hands.
No dirty buttons to press. Quick to clean Small surface area - smooth single
piece fascia with CNC-machined airslots.
- Input voltage/Frequency: 110V-120V 60 Hz
- Rated power: 1400 W
- Motor type: Dyson digital motor – V4 brushless DC
- Motor Motor switching rate: 6,100 per second
- Motor speed: 92,000 rpm
- Operating temperature range: 0°– 40°C
- Heater type: None
- Standby power consumption: Less than 0.5 W
- Casing construction: Polycarbonate casing Antimicrobial coating type: AB12
- Antimicrobial additive in paint. AB12 (White) Antimicrobial molded additive
- Bacterial reduction rate from external surfaces: Up to 99.9% over 24 hours
- Color finish: AB12 Sprayed nickel molded plastic. AB12 White molded plastic.
- Back plate/mounting bracket construction: ABS/PBT Plastic
- Exterior screw type: Anti-tamper M4 Pin-Hex
- Water ingress protection to IP24
- HEPA filter (Glass fiber and fleece prelayer)
- Bacteria removal 99.97% at 0.3 microns
- Proximity capacitive sensor. Touch free operation.
- Hand dry time measurement: 12 seconds (Measurement based on National Sanitation
Foundation Protocol P335)
- Operation lock-out period: 30 seconds
- Airspeed at apertures: 420 mph
- Operating airflow: Up to 7.39 gal/sec
- Rated operating noise power: 85 db(A)
- Serial number prefix: AB12 (Sprayed nickel) AR7; AB12 (White) AR6
- Single unit order code: AB12 (Sprayed nickel) 25887-01; AB12 (White) 25878-01
- Net weight: AB12 6.17 lb
- Packaged weight: AB12 8.81 lb
- Packaged dimensions: H5.71” × W17.91” × D10.79”
- Unit barcode: AB12 (Sprayed nickel) 8799 5700 908 0; AB12 (White) 8799 5700
- Unit: 9 lbs
- Shipping: 15 lbs
- Depth: 10.79"
- Height: 5.71"
- Width: 17.91"
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 5 Year Parts
And 5 Year Limited Labor Warranty