Canon Speedlite Macro Ring Lite MR-14EX Flash - 2356A002
This new Ring Lite for close-up and macro shooting is loaded with features
and capabilities. Now with Canon's E-TTL, it takes full advantage of the flash
performance of the EOS-1v, EOS-3, and other E-TTL cameras. Circular twin flash
tubes can fire at even power, or varied between them over a six-stop range,
and one or more 550EX Speedlites can be used as wireless slaves along with the
MR-14EX. The controller unit now has an illuminated full-info LCD panel and
its accepts optional hi-capacity battery packs.
- Twin-tube ring lite designed for close-up photography with EF Macro lenses;
Flash tubes can fire together or independently.
- Compatible with all EOS bodies.
- Supports E-TTL Wireless Autoflash in conjunction with one or more 550EXs.
- Incandescent focusing lamps and two forms of modelling flash permit preview
of lighting effects.
- Illuminated LCD panel for easy flash settings in any lighting condition.
- Ring Lite, twin circular flashes tubes, and separate Controller Unit.
- Flash Duration
- Modeling Flash: (1) One-second burst at 70Hz in E-TTL or M flash mode,
showing ratios (Possible only with EOS-1v and EOS-3, as of January, 2000)
(2) With CF 4-1, uniform one second burst at 70Hz, works in TTL mode.
- Flash Control System
- Control in E-TTL Mode: FP sync, FE Lock, Flash +/- compensation, Flash
Exposure Bracketing. Control in Manual Mode: Flash +/- compensation, Flash
Exposure Bracketing. Ratio Control in Manual: L:R tubes (A:B) in full
steps over 1/1 ~ 1/64 range, full steps Setting Method: LCD panel on Controller
Unit (illuminated), similar to 550EX Speedlite
- Custom Functions
- Seven on the MR-14EX (in addition to any in camera), set on flash LCD.
- Power Source
- 4 AA batteries in Controller (Alkaline, NiCd, Lithium and Ni-MH type
AAs are OK)
- External Power Source
- External battery packs Compact Battery Pack CP-E2, Transistor Pack
- Unit: 2 lbs
- Shipping: 5 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 1 Year Parts