Dyson Silver Airblade Wall Tap Hand Dryer - AB11
Dyson revolutionized restroom hand dryers with the creation of the original Dyson Airblade Hand Dryer, which used intense "blades" of air to squeegee hands dry, offering a more sanitary and energy-efficient alternative to traditional hand dryers. Now, they've taken that technology to an exciting new place by integrating it into a a faucet itself to create the Dyson Airblade Tap Hand Dryer.
In many restrooms, the spot where you dry your hands is often far from where you wash them. While that might not seem like a big deal, the effects of that distance can begin to accumulate over the course of hundreds of washings. Splashed water pools on sinks and floors, and causes a number of problems. It's unsanitary and unsightly, not to mention often unsafe. The Dyson Airblade Tap Hand Dryer negates these problems by eliminating the transit between hand washing and hand drying stations. Because the Dyson Airblade Tap drys hands over the sink, it greatly reduces the likelihood of splashing water all over the vanity top or the floor. And that means no more slips or annoying water stripes on your clothing from an accidental lean against a wet vanity edge.
Key to the Dyson Airblade Tap's design is that it doesn't take up much more space than a traditional restroom faucet. To fit the power necessary into such an unobtrusive design, Dyson engineers came up with an all-new, high-powered motor, dubbed the Dyson V4. The V4 motor packs 1400 Watts of power into a tiny, extremely reliable unit. It has only three moving parts, but spins at a staggering 92,000 RPM, fast enough to draw in 1700 cubic inches of air per second and blast it out at 420 miles per hour. These intense jets of air are what give the Dyson Airblade Tap a hand-drying time of just 14 seconds. However, even with that level of power, its extremely energy-efficient design makes the Dyson Airblade Tap up to 69% less expensive to run than traditional hand dryers.
Multiple facets of the Dyson Airblade Tap's construction make it the most sanitary hand-drying solution available. Completely touch-free, it eliminates hand contact at two common unsanitary points of contact: the faucet and the hand dryer or towel dispenser. Additionally, as the air is drawn into the Airblade Tap, it passes through a HEPA filter which removes 99.97% of bacteria, drying hands with extra-clean air. And of course, it greatly reduces water pools on vanity tops, which are more likely to harbor germs than a clean, dry surface.
The Dyson Airblade Tap is the perfect convergence of design and technology. Marine-grade stainless steel construction was necessary to withstand the intense internal air pressure, but has the added benefit of looking great in any bathroom. That elegant design might seem destined for restrooms in only the most high-end establishments, but the cost savings over a traditional hand dryer or paper towels means that, in a busy restroom, a Dyson Airblade Tap can pay for itself in just a year or two. The Dyson Airblade Tap is even a great solution for home bathroom use.
- Wash and dry hands at the sink "In restrooms using conventional taps, you'll need to move to a separate hand drying area, dripping water on the floors as you go. It's why we've developed a tap with our hand drying technology in it." James Dyson Inventor
- No water on the floor Moving to a separate hand drying area with wet hands means that water can be dripped on the floor. This can create problems in the restroom. With the Dyson Airblade Tap hand dryer, water isn't dripped on the floor because you don't need to leave the sink with wet hands.
- 14 second dry time The conventional way to wash and dry hands is too slow. Hand drying facilities are often not located near a sink, and dryers can take up to 43 seconds, so people can give up. But damp hands can spread up to 1,000 times more bacteria than dry hands. There's no need to leave the sink to use the Dyson Airblade Tap hand dryer and it dries hands in 14 seconds.
- The most hygienic hand dryer Most other hand dryers are unhygienic. They don't filter bacteria from the restroom air. They suck in dirty air then blow it back onto hands. The Dyson Airblade Tap hand dryer uses a HEPA filter removing 99.97% of bacteria at 0.3 microns from the air used to dry hands. So hands are dried using cleaner air, not dirty air.
- Lowest operating costs Most other hand drying methods are expensive to run. Paper towels need restocking and disposal. Most other hand dryers are slow, and many use a heating element, so they're energy-hungry. The Dyson Airblade Tap hand dryer costs up to 69% less to run per year than other hand dryers, and up to 97% less than paper towels. And of course there are no separate taps to buy.
- Low impact on the environment Dyson Airblade™ hand dryers produce at least 73% less CO2 than some other hand dryers and up to 69% less than recycled paper towels.
- Saves space Paper towel dispensers and hand dryers take up valuable wall and floor space in public restrooms. With the Dyson Airblade Tap hand dryer there is no need for additional hand drying areas. Room is available for extra toilet cubicles to reduce congestion. Or the restroom can be made smaller.
- Touch-free operation Both water and air are sensor operated so there are no taps to turn, or buttons to touch. Intelligent, infrared sensors emit light to pinpoint hand positions. Computer circuitry coordinates the information and initiates the appropriate response of water or air without long delays.
- Saves water Controlled water flow rate and sensor operation can help save water.
- Quick to clean Smooth, stainless steel outer, wipes down directly over the sink - no separate hand dryers to clean.
- Input voltage/Frequency: 110V-120V 60 Hz
- Rated power: 1400 W
- Motor type: Dyson digital motor – V4 brushless DC
- Motor Motor switching rate: 6,100 per second
- Motor speed: 92,000 rpm
- Operating temperature range: 0° – 40°C
- Heater type: None
- Standby power consumption: Less than 0.5 W
- Tap construction: Stainless steel (brushed)
- Under counter motor assembly construction: Molded ABS (main unit) also uses PC and PP
- Exterior screw type: Torx T15
- Water ingress protection rating to IP35
- HEPA filter (glass fiber and fleece prelayer)
- Bacteria removal 99.97% at 0.3 microns
- Touch-free infra-red activation
- Hand dry time measurement: 14 seconds (Measurement based on National Sanitation Foundation Protocol P335)
- Operation lock-out period: 30 seconds
- Airspeed at apertures: 420 mph
- Operating airflow: Up to 7.92 gal/sec
- Rated operating noise power: 85 db(A)
- Water flow rate: 1.06 gal/min
- Tap Aerator: 0.5 gal/min aerator outlet
- Tap power supply: Mains supply
- Water temperature control: Thermostatic mixer recommended (not supplied)
- Water pressure required: 14.5-116 psi
- Serial number prefix: AB09 AN5; AB10 AN6; AB11 AN7
- Single unit order code: AB09 25992-01; AB10 25993-01; AB11 25994-01
- Net weight: AB09 9.5 lbs.; AB10 10.1 lbs.; 19.7 lbs.
- Packaged weight: AB09 13.4 lbs.; AB10 14.3 lbs.; 25.9 lbs.
- Packaged dimensions: AB09 H11.92” × W11.18” × D11.26”; AB10 H17.20” × W10.87” × D11.02”; AB11 H24.01” × W11.93” × D14.76”
- Unit barcode: AB09 8799 5700 9110; AB10 8799 5700 9127; AB11 8799 5700 9141
- The Dyson Airblade™ Tap is compatible with most sink types. Ensure plugs are not installed in the sinks.
- Sink dimensions: All sink measurements are internal unless stated otherwise. Width of sink – Minimum: 13.75”, Front to back – Minimum: 11.75”; Depth of sink – Minimum 4” Maximum depth of sink for AB10 only: 7.87” (External measurement of vessel sink).
- Sink materials: Sinks with highly polished surfaces should be avoided e.g. shiny chrome.
- Unit: 10 lbs
- Shipping: 15 lbs
- Length: 12-1/16"
- Width: 11-5/8"
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 5 Year Parts And 5 Year Limited Labor Warranty