Bowers & Wilkins CM8 White Floor Standing Speaker - CM8WH
The CM8 is an elegantly proportioned, slimmed down version of the award-winning
CM9. A true three-way loudspeaker that will appeal to discerning customers who
demand the very best sound quality, but have limited space in which to achieve
it. Like all the models in the CM Series, the CM8 uses crossovers of remarkable
simplicity and quality, so what you hear is that much closer to the sound of
the original recording. In its functional perfection and understated elegance,
it’s nothing less than a masterpiece. Pure and simple. All CM Series speakers
come with chrome driver trims. Grilles attach magnetically, so there are no
unsightly grille-mounting features to spoil the clean lines of the speaker’s
façade. For the finish, you can choose either one of two real-wood veneers in
Rosenut or Wengé, or the highly polished Gloss Black.
The CM8 is a true three-way loudspeaker, but an incredibly slim, compact one.
It is designed for audiophile levels of performance, but in smaller spaces.
- Woven Kevlar
- Crossover Tuning
- Nautilus Tapering Tube
- Technical features Nautilus™ tube loaded aluminium dome tweeter Kevlar®
brand fibre cone FST midrange Flowport™
- Description 3-way vented-box system
- Drive units 1x ø25mm (1 in) aluminium dome high-frequency 1x ø130mm (5 in)
woven Kevlar® cone FST midrange 2x ø130mm (5 in) paper/Kevlar® cone bass
- Frequency range -6dB at 43Hz and 50kHz
- Frequency response 69Hz - 22kHz ±3dB on reference axis
- Dispersion Within 2dB of reference response
- Horizontal over 60° arc
- Vertical over 10° arc
- Sensitivity 88dB spl (2.83V, 1m)
- Harmonic distortion 2nd and 3rd harmonics (90dB, 1m) <1% 100Hz - 22kHz <0.5%
300Hz - 20kHz
- Nominal impedance 8? (minimum 3.0?)
- Crossover frequencies 350Hz, 4kHz
- Crossover Filters Bass unit 3rd-order low pass Midrange 2nd-order high-pass,
1st-order low-pass Tweeter 1st-order high-pass
- Recommended amplifier power 30W - 150W into 8? on unclipped programme
- Max. recommended cable impedance 0.1
- Unit: 43 lbs
- Shipping: 50 lbs
- Depth: 11"
- Height: 38"
- Width: 7"
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 1 Year Parts