Panasonic Black LUMIX LZ30 Long Zoom DSLR Alternative Bridge Camera, Model
The Panasonic LUMIX LZ30 is an affordable compact camera for people who want
the control of an expensive and complex DSLR, with the convenience of an all-in-one
camera. This compact camera offers incredible advantages like a 35x optical
zoom range (35mm camera equivalent: 25-875mm). Travel with more zoom than most
professional interchangeable lens cameras deliver, and enjoy superior results
with our renowned optics. Discover the power of built-in creative effects that
make it easy for you to capture great photos in simple or complicated scenes.
From 25mm wide-angle performance to 875mm super zoom empowering you to capture
subjects both near and far. The LZ30 boasts exposure controls usually reserved
for DSLRs and turns ordinary photos into extraordinary images. Never miss a
moving moment with LZ30's HD Video.
Amazing 35X Optical Long Zoom (25-875mm) with 16.1-megapixel Resolution
A powerful 35x optical zoom lens* draws your subjects up close with 16.1-megapixel
resolution. Capture decisive sports scenes, natural expressions of people and
animals, and details that you can't even see with your bare eyes.
* 35mm camera equivalent: 25-875mm.
25mm Ultra Wide-Angle Lens
The 25mm ultra wide-angle lens* delivers about twice the shooting area as a
standard 35mm lens. This enhances your shooting opportunities when photographing
scenes like a group of people at an indoor party, a large structure, or sweeping
landscape while traveling.
* Converted to standard 35mm camera equivalent at the wide end.
78.8x Extra Optical Zoom
The Extra Optical Zoom function uses the center part of the CCD to extend this
35x zoom ratio to an incredibly powerful 78.8x zoom (35mm camera equivalent:
1,970mm) at a resolution of 3-megapixels or less.
HD Video Capture
720p HD Video Recording
The DMC-LZ30 records HD video in Motion JPEG format (1,280 x 720 pixels at 30
fps). Video recording can be
easily started with the press of the Motion Picture Button making it convenient
for switching between photo and video shooting instantly.
* Converted to standard 35mm camera equivalent at the wide end.
QuickTime Motion JPEG. Some lens movement sounds may be recorded. ¿
In Motion Picture Mode, the length of recording time depends on the capacity
of the SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card. (Up to the equivalent of 2 GB per video recording.)
¿ Motion pictures can be recorded continuously up to 2 GB. The maximum
available recording time for up to 2 GB only is displayed on the screen. ¿
Use a card with SD Speed Class* with ¿Class 6¿ or higher when
recording motion images. ¿ SDHC Memory Cards and SDXC Memory Cards can
be used only in equipment that is compatible with their respective formats.
¿ If the computer being used does not support SDXC Memory Cards, a message
prompting you to format may appear. (Doing so will cause recorded images to
be erased so do not choose to format.) ¿ SDXC Logo is a trademark of
* SD speed class is the speed standard regarding continuous writing.
Built-In Creative Effects for Amazing Looking Photos
Creative Control/Creative Retouch
Panasonic is ready to take the ordinary and make it extraordinary by fueling
your creativity with the Creative Control feature (in the recording mode) and
the Creative Retouch feature (in the playback mode). These features take simple
or complicated scenes and make them easy to capture in a great photo. Simply
set the camera to match your scene and it uses sophisticated presets to optimize
the camera settings resulting in photos you'll be proud of.
DSLR Like Exposure Control Features
- Manual Exposure
For those looking to take on more creative control, the DMC-LZ30 has easy-to-use
manual controls. You can set the aperture to control the depth of field, and
adjust the shutter speed to freeze moving subjects or create a motion blur
that exaggerates the feeling of movement.
- Optical Image Stabilizer
Blurred images due to handshake often occur when you are shooting with a high-powered
zoom. The Optical Image Stabilizer minimizes that blur while maintaining phenomenal
- Zoom Shots & Macro Shots
- Dimly Lit Rooms
- Night Scenes
- Night Portraits
- iA (Intelligent Auto) Mode
In the iA (Intelligent Auto) Mode, the camera does all the work, leaving you
free to compose your shot and capture the moment. Simply aim, press, and shoot.
The detection and correction functions go to work to give you beautiful photos
* The applicable iA Mode functions vary with photos and videos.
- Panorama Shot
Panorama Shot Scene Mode makes it possible to shoot a wide horizontal/vertical
panoramic image with consecutive shots taken by overlaying the previous picture.
The multiple images are stitched together to create one single wide image
capturing your scene.
- HDR (High Dynamic Range)
The DMC-LZ30 integrates HDR (High Dynamic Range) in the Scene Mode. You will
be delighted by the creative possibilities that HDR delivers. Shoot several
still pictures consecutively at different exposure levels that are then overlaid
to produce a single composite picture without whiteout (over-exposure) or
blackout (under-exposure). The results are stunning.
Large 3.0-inch 460K-dot LCD
The DMC-LZ30 has a big, bright 3.0-inch 460K-dot LCD with a 100% field of view.
LUMIX's acclaimed Intelligent LCD function automatically adjusts the brightness
according to your shooting conditions letting you share the fun of viewing images
with family and friends.
State-Of-The-Art Features And Technologies
- In addition to 4:3, 3:2, and 16:9, you can shoot with a unique, square-shaped
1:1 aspect ratio.
- The 100MB built-in memory provides extra memory when your memory card fills
- The PHOTOfunSTUDIO smartly sorts your images into practical folders for
quick, easy management.
- Macro Zoom
- 9-area AF
- Copy Setting
- Focus Range Display
- Real-time Histogram
- Category Selection
- 12/30 Thumbnails Display
- Calendar Display
- Set Protection
- Cropping (Trimming)
- PictBridge Compatible
- Camera Effective Pixels 16.1 Megapixels
- Sensor Size / Total Pixels / Filter 1/2.3-inch CCD Sensor / 16.4
Total Megapixels / Primary Color Filter
Lens null / 14 elements in 10 groups / (1 Aspherical Lens / 2 Aspherical
surfaces, 3 ED Lenses )
- Aperture F3.0 - 5.9 / 2-Step (F3.0 / 7.7(W), F5.9 / F15.3 (T))
- Optical Zoom 35x
- Focal Length f=4.5 - 157.5mm (25 - 875mm in 35mm equiv.) / (30-1050mm
in 35mm equiv. in video recording)
- Extra Optical Zoom (EZ) 44.2x (4:3 / 10M), 63.0x (4:3 / 5M), 78.8x
(4:3 / under 3M)
- Optical ImageStabilizer/Five Axis Correction O.I.S. (On/Off) / No
- Digital Zoom1 Max. 4x
Focus null / Normal, AF Macro, Macro Zoom / Continuous AF / AF Tracking
- Focusing Area Normal: Wide 30cm - Infinity / Tele 200 cm - infinity
/ Macro / Intelligent Auto / motion picture Wide 1cm - Infinity / Tele 150cm
- AF Assist Lamp Yes (On/Off)
- AF Metering Face / AF Tracking / 1-Area / 9-Area / Spot
- Shutter Speed approx. 15 - 1/2000 sec
- File Format Still Image: JPEG(DCF/Exif2.3) / Motion picture: Quick
Time Motion JPEG
- Mode Dial / Mode Button Intelligent AUTO, P, M, Creative Control,
Portrait, Scenery, Sports, SCN
- Creative Control mode Expressive, Retro, High Key, Low Key, Sepia,
Dynamic Monochrome, Impressive Art, High Dynamic, Cross Process, One Point
- Still Image Scene Mode Panorama Shot, Night Portrait, Night Scenery,
Food, Baby(birthday only), Sunset, High Sensitivity, HDR
- Continuous Shooting Mode Full-Resolution Image, approx. 1 frames/sec
/ High-speed Burst Mode: approx. 3 frames/sec / (recorded in 3M for 4:3, 2.5M
for 3:2, 2M for 16:9, 2.5M for 1:1)
Motion Picture Recording (*2)
- HD Video 1280 x 720 pixels, 30 fps (Motion JPEG)
- STD Video 640 x 480 pixels, 30 fps (Motion JPEG) / 320 x 240 pixels,
30fps (Motion JPEG)
- Exposure Program AE, Manual
- Exposure Compensation 1/3 EV step, +/-3 EV
- Auto (AE) Bracketing 1/3 - 2 EV step, Max.+/-2EV, 3 frames
- Light Metering Multiple, Center Weighted, Spot
- ISO Sensitivity Auto / 100 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / High Sensitivity
mode (ISO 1600-6400)
- Still Picture Recording [1:1] 3456 x 3456 (12M) / [4:3] 4608 x 3456
(16M) / 3648 x 2736 (10M EZ) / 2560 x 1920 (5M EZ) / 2048X1536 (3M EZ) / 640x480
(0.3M EZ) / [3:2] 4608 x 3072 (14M) / [16:9] 4608 x 2592 (12M)
- Image Quality Fine / Standard
- White Balance Auto / Daylight / Cloudy / Shade / Incandescent / White
Set / White Balance Adjustment (Except Auto)
- Color Mode / Color Effect / My color Color Mode : Standard, Vivid,
- Digital Red Eye Correction (Red-Eye Removal) Yes
- Zoom in Motion Picture Yes(Digital Zoom)
- Self Timer 2sec / 10sec
- Playback Mode2 Normal Play, Slideshow,Category Selection, Calendar
- Thumbnails / Zoomed Playback 12,30-thumbnails / Yes
- Calendar Display / Dual- Image Playback Yes / No
- Set Favorites / Rotate Image No / No
- Show Histogram Yes
- Show Highlights -
- DPOF Print Setting / Set Protection No / Yes
- Retouch Creative Retouch
- Resize / Cropping / Aspect Conv. / Leveling Yes / Yes / No / No
- Copy / Title Edit / Text Stamp Yes / No / No
- Cut Animation No
- Video Divide No
- PictBridge Support Single / Multi / All
- OSD language English, Spanish
- LCD Monitor 3 3.0"(7.5cm) TFT Screen LCD Display (460K dots)
/ Field of View : approx. 100% / AUTO Power Monitor mode, Power Monitor mode,
High Angle mode
- Built- in- Flash Auto, Auto/Red-eye Reduction, Forced On, Slow Sync./Red-eye
Reduction, Forced Off, / 0.6 - 10.0m (Wide/ISO Auto), 1.5 - 5.0m (Tele/ISO
- Recording Media Built-in Memory, SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card,
SDXC Memory Card
- Built- in- Memory Approx.100MB
- Microphone / Speaker Mono / Mono
Power 4 null / AA Battery/Ni-MH Battery x 4
- Battery life (approx.) 380 pictures (AA Battery)(CIPA Standard)*1
- Included Software PHOTOfunSTUDIO 9.0 LE / Adobe Reader
- Standard Accessories Alkaline AA Battery×4, AV Cable, USB Cable,Shoulder
Strap, CD-ROM, Lens Cap, Lens Cap String
*1 / Recording conditions by CIPA standard / - CIPA is an abbreviation of [Camera
& Imaging Products Association]. / - Temperature: 23 oC (73.4 oF)/Humidity:
50%RH when LCD monitor is on. / - Using a Panasonic SD Memory Card (32 MB).
/ - Using the supplied battery. / - Starting recording 30 seconds after the
camera is turned on. (When the optical image stabilizer function is set to [ON].)
/ - Recording once every 30 seconds with full flash every second recording.
/ - Rotating the zoom lever from Tele to Wide or vice versa in every recording.
/ - Turning the camera off every 10 recordings and leaving it until the temperature
of the battery decreases. / *2 / - These are standard times taken at a temperature
of 23 oC (73.4 oF) and a humidity of 50%RH. / - The time available for recording
varies depending on the environment, the interval between recordings, and the
manner of use. / - Actual recordable time is the time available for recording
when repeating actions such as switching the power supply [ON] / [OFF], starting/stopping
recording, zoom operation etc. / - Maximum time to record motion pictures continuously
with [AVCHD] in [FHD/60p]/[FHD/60i] is 29 minutes 59 seconds. / - Maximum time
to record motion pictures continuously with [MP4] is 29 minutes 59 seconds or
up to 4 GB.
- Width: 4.87"
- Height: 3.30"
- Depth: 3.6"
- Unit: Approx. 465g without Battery and SD Memory Card (1.03 lb) /
Approx. 558g with Battery and SD Memory Card (1.23 lb)
- Shipping: 4 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 1 Year Parts
- As digital magnification increases, resolution significantly decreases.
- In PAL regions, images are converted from 60i to 50i, 60p to 50p and 30p
to 25p for playback.
- Video feature is designed to function only when vehicle is parked and emergency
brake is applied.
- This cameras comes with a function to check whether the battery and unit
can be safely used together. Batteries made by other companies which have
been certified by Panasonic may be used with these units, but we offer no
guarantee as to the quality, performance or safety of such batteries. Exercise
care when purchasing batteries. Many fake or imitation batteries have been
found among those sold at unusually low prices and those which customers cannot
check for themselves before purchasing. Please confirm the latest information
about batteries on the following website. http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/info/battery.html