Panasonic Lumix 16.1 MP Digital Camera With 60X Super Long Zoom And Dobly Digital Sound, Model DMCFZ70K
Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FZ70: See and Hear What You've Been Missing
Life is more than a single moment captured in time. Panasonic understands that and delivers advanced multimedia technology in the LUMIX DMC-FZ70. Bring the action in super close with a 60X optical zoom. Discover the optical performance of the DMC-FZ70 with an amazing 20mm wide-angle to 1200mm (60X) long zoom, making it a category class leader*. Video and photos appear bright in low-lit conditions with the F2.8-5.9 lens. Combined with optical image stabilization, both long zoom photos and videos are sharp and blur free. Experience Full 1080/60i HD Panasonic Video recording with auto focus from the DMC-FZ70. Achieve crystal clear audio utilizing a unique microphone that eliminates ambient noise and wind sound with the stunning clarity of Dolby® Digital. This amazing microphone even zooms with the camera to precisely zero in on the audio coming from your subject.
- Super Long Zoom Lens From 20mm Ultra Wide-Angle To 60x Optical Zoom
At 60X optical zoom (20mm-1200mm), the DMC-FZ70 lens is the widest and longest zoom in its class*. Discover stunning versatility from ultra-wide 20mm to an incredible 1200mm range making it possible to capture dynamic landscapes, wildlife, and almost any scene when traveling. At 20mm the lens captures nearly 140% wider angle of view compared with a 24mm lens. Capture a little extra zoom with Intelligent Resolution technology. The DMC-FZ70 can extend the zoom ratio up to 120X equivalent while maintaining superior picture quality. An optional optical lens adapter can even further extend the FZ70 range.
- Amazingly Clear Zoom Microphone with Dolby® Digital Audio Quality
Recording video with the DMC-FZ70 is easy, but what's really amazing is the camera's ability to capture crisp, clear audio. The videos are accompanied by realistic Dolby® Digital Stereo* Creator. Sound quality is further improved with the DMC-FZ70 and the newly developed Wind Shield Zoom Microphone** that minimizes wind noise by approximately 70% compared to prior models. Externally, the sealed structure prevents wind from hitting the microphone directly, while the draft structure suppresses the retention of air internally. These combined with the mics ability to audio zoom in combination with the optical zoom results in sound that is clear and comfortable to listen to even if it was recorded on a windy day.
- Create Stunning Movies With Full HD Video Recording
The DMC-FZ70 records Full-HD 1920 x 1080 videos in both AVCHD and MP4 format. A separate button on the top of the camera lets you instantly start recording videos while simultaneously shooting a photo without changing settings. The Creative Video Mode empowers you to adjust the shutter speed and aperture when shooting videos to get the creative effect you are looking for.
- Power Optical Image Stabilization with Active Mode Delivers Sharp, Clear Images
The POWER O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) effectively suppresses hand-shake that causes blurred photos. Even slight hand-shake movement is accurately detected and compensated for to produce sharp, clear images. POWER O.I.S. delivers beautiful images even in low light, or shooting handheld at 1200mm super telephoto. The Active Mode in the DMC-FZ70 performs beautifully when recording wide-angle video at such as shooting while walking. The resulting videos are stable and clear.
- Be Inspired With In Camera Creative Controls and Creative Retouch
Creative Control and Creative Retouch modes feature 15 filter effects – Expressive, Retro, Old Days, High Key, Low Key, Sepia, Dynamic Monochrome, Impressive Art, High Dynamic, Cross Process, Toy Effect, Miniature Effect, Soft Focus, Star Filter, and One Point Color. The Creative Control mode lets you shoot with a filter while checking how it looks on the picture. Certain filters can be used for video recording as well. The Creative Retouch mode lets you apply a filter on a picture, in camera, even after shooting.
- Expand Your Vision With Creative Panoramic Effects
With the Creative Panorama function, you can shoot a horizontal/vertical panoramic image with consecutive shots by overlaying the previous picture. The multiple images are stitched together in the camera to create one single-wide image capturing your scene. After you've captured your image, you can get creative with one of these panoramic filter effects – Retro, Expressive, High Key, Low Key, Sepia, Dynamic Monochrome, Impressive Art, High Dynamic, Old Days, Cross Process and One Point Color.
- Never Miss A Shot Even With Action Photography
The DMC-FZ70 takes your photography to the next level with blazing fast speeds of up to 5 fames per second (fps) AF or 2fps with continuous AF Tracking, keeping your subject in focus even while it moves. An even faster 3 frame burst at 9 fps helps lock in those fast moving, once in a lifetime moments.
- Amazing Low Light 16.1-megapixel High Sensitivity MOS Sensor
Combine the DMC-FZ70's bright F2.8-5.9 lens with the new 16.1-megapixel High Sensitivity MOS sensor and you've got a camera that delivers phenomenal image quality in high-sensitivity shooting scenes. The sensor cuts noise by 10-15% and dramatically improves image quality vs. previous models. Together with the Venus Engine, this superb sensor elevates the response, sensitivity, and image quality of the DMC-FZ70 to even higher levels.
- Shoot Impressive Pictures With iA (Intelligent Auto) / iA Plus Mode
For beginners, iA (Intelligent Auto) mode helps you make beautiful pictures with a variety of shooting-assist functions. The camera does all the work, leaving you free to compose shots and capture moments in both photo and video recording. The iA Plus mode lets you adjust background focus, exposure compensation, and white balance for even more flexible control by simply moving the slider.
- Camera Effective Pixels: 16.1 megapixels
- Sensor size/total pixels/filter: 1/2.3-inch high sensitivity MOS sensor/total pixel number 16.8 megapixels/primary color filter
- Lens: LUMIX DC VARIO/14 elements in 12 groups/(6 aspherical lenses/9 aspherical surfaces/3 ED lenses)
- Aperture: F2.8 - 5.9/multistage iris diaphragm (F2.8 - 8.0 (W), F5.9 - 8.0 (t))
- Optical zoom: 60x
- Focal length: f = 3.58 - 215mm (20 - 1200mm in 35mm equiv.)/(22 - 1320mm in 35mm equiv in video recording)
- Extra optical zoom (EZ): 75.8x (4:3 / 10m), 108x (4:3 / 5M), 135x (4:3 / under 3M)
- Intelligent zoom: 120x
- 2-speed zoom: Yes
- Optical image stabilizer: POWER O.I.S (on with active mode (only for motion picture) / off)
- Digital zoom: max. 5x
- Conversion lens compatibility: Yes
- Focus: Normal / AF Macro / Macro Zoom / MF / Quick AF On / Off (on in Intelligent Auto), Continuous AF (only for motion picture) / AF/AE Lock Button / Manual Focus, One Shot AF, AF Area Select, AF Tracking
- Focusing area: Normal: Wide 30cm - infinity / Tele 150cm - infinity / AF Macro / MF / Intelligent Auto / Motion Picture: Wide 1 cm - infinity / Tele 150 cm - infinity
- AF assist lamp: Yes (on/off)
- AF metering: Face/AF tracking/23-area/1-area (flexible/scalable)
- Shutter speed: Still Image: / Approx. 8 - 1/2,000 sec / Starry Sky Mode: 15, 30, 60 sec / Motion Picture: / Approx. 1/30 - 1/20,000 sec / Creative Video Mode: 1/8 - 1/20,000 sec
- Viewfinder: 0.20" color evf (202k dots equiv), field of view: approx 100%, lens 19.6x
- File format: Still Image: JPEG (DCF/Exif2.3) / RAW, DPOF / 3D Image: MPO / Motion Picture: AVCHD, MP4
- Recording Modes:
- Mode dial/mode button: Intelligent Auto, P, A, S, M, Creative Video, C, Panorama Shot, Scene, Creative Control
- Creative controle mode: Expressive, Retro, Old Days, High Key, Low Key, Sepia, Dynamic Monochrome, Impressive Art, High Dynamic, / Cross Process, Toy Effect, Miniature Effect, Soft Focus, Star Filter, One Point Color (15 filters)
- Still image scene mode: Portrait, Soft Skin, Scenery, Sports, Panning, Night Portrait, Night Scenery, Handheld Night Shot, / Food, Baby1, Baby2, Pet, Sunset, High Sensitivity, Glass Through, HDR, Starry Sky, 3D Photo
- Continuous shooting mode: Full-Resolution Image: 9 frames/sec, Max. 3 images with AF Tracking: 5 frames/sec, 2 frames/sec / High-speed Burst: Approx. 10 frames/sec (recorded in 3M for 4:3, 2.5M for 3:2, 2M for 16:9, 2.5M for 1:1) / Flash Burst Shooting
- Motion Picture Recording:
- HD Video: 1920 x 1080 pixels, 60i (FSH: 17Mbps / AVCHD) (Sensor Output is 30fps) / 1280 x 720 pixels, 60p (SH: 17Mbps / AVCHD) (Sensor Output is 30fps) / 1920 x 1080 pixels, 30p (FHD: 20Mbps / MP4) (Sensor Output is 30fps) / 1280 x 720 pixels, 30p (HD: 10Mbps / MP4) (Sensor Output is 30fps)
- STD Video: 640 x 480, 30p (VGA: 4Mbps / MP4) (Sensor Output is 30fps)
- Continuous Recordable Time:
- AVCHD: Approx. 160 min (FSH), Approx. 180 min (SH)
- MP4: Approx. 160 min (FHD)
- Actual Recordable Time:
- AVCHD: Approx. 80 min (FSH), Approx. 90 min (SH)
- MP4: Approx. 80 min (FHD)
- Exposure Parameters:
- Exposure: Program AE, aperture priority AE, Shutter priority AE, manual
- Exposure compensation: 1/2 EV step, +/- 3 EV
- Auto (AE) bracketing: 1/3-3EV step, Max. +/-3 EV, 3 frames
- Light metering: Intelligent multiple/center weighted/spot
- ISO sensitivity: Auto / i.ISO / 100 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / 3200 / (Changeable to 1/3 EV step) / High Sensitivity Mode (ISO1600 - 6400)
- Picture Quality:
- Still picture recording: [4:3] 4608x3456 (16M) / 3648x2736 (10M EZ) / 3072x2304 (7M EZ) / 2560x1920 (5M EZ) / 2048x1536 (3M EZ) / 640x480 (0.3M EZ) / [3:2] 4608x3072 (14M) / 3648x2432 (9M EZ) / 3072x2048 (6M EZ) / 2560x1712 (4.5M EZ) / 2048x1360 (2.5M EZ) / 640x424 (0.3M EZ) / [16:9] 4608x2592 (12M) / 3648x2056 (7.5M EZ) / 3072x1728 (5.5M EZ) / 2560x1440 (3.5M EZ) / 1920x1080 (2M EZ) / 640x360 (0.2M EZ) / [1:1] 3456x3456 (12M) / 2736x2736 (7.5M EZ) / 2304x2304 (5.5M EZ) / 1920x1920 (3.5M EZ) / 1536x1536 (2.5M EZ) / 480x480 (0.2M EZ)
- Image quality: RAW / RAW+Fine / RAW+Standard / Fine / Standard (3D Mode: MPO+Fine / MPO+Standard)
- White balance: Auto / Daylight / Cloudy / Shade / Incandescent / Flash / White Set 1 / White Set 2 / Color Temperature (2-axis adjustable)
- Photo Style / Film Mode: Photo Style: Standard, Vivid, Natural, Monochrome, Scenery, Portrait, Custom
- Color Mode / Color Effect / My color: Color Mode (only in iA Mode): Standard, Black & White, Sepia, Happy
- Picture adjustment: Contrast, Sharpness, Saturation, Noise Reduction
- Digital eye reduction: Yes (on/off)
- Zoom in picture: Yes
- Self timer: 2 sec / 10 sec / 10 sec (3 images)
- Playback mode: All, Slideshow, Filtering Play (Picture Only, Video Only, 3D Play, Category Selection, Favorite), Calendar
- Thumbnails/zoomed playback: 12,30-thumbnails / yes
- Calendar display/dual-image playback: Yes (menu/zoom lever) / no
- Set favorites / rotate image: Yes / no
- Show histogram: Yes
- Show highlights: Yes
- DPOF print setting / set protection: Yes/Yes
- Retouch: Auto retouch/creative retouch
- Resize/cropping/aspect conv./leveling: yes/yes/no/yes
- Copy/title edit/text stamp: Yes/yes/yes
- Cut animation: Yes
- Video divide: Yes
- PictBridge support: Single/Multi/all/DPOF/Favorites
- LCD Monitor: 3.0" (7.5cm) TFT Screen LCD Display (460K dots), AR Coating / Field of View: Approx. 100%, Wide Viewing-angle / Power Monitor mode, AUTO Power Monitor mode
- Built-In Flash: Auto, Auto/Red-eye Reduction, Forced On, Slow Sync./Red-eye Reduction, Forced Off / Flash Synchro: 1st / 2nd Slow Sync. / 0.3 - 13.5m (Wide / ISO Auto), 1.5 - 6.4m (Tele / ISO Auto)
- Recording media: Built-in Memory, SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, SDXC Memory Card
- Built-In memory: Approx. 200MB
- Microphone / speaker: Stereo/mono
- Li-ion Battery Pack (7.2V, 895mAh, 6.5 Wh) (Included) / AC Adaptor (Input: 110 - 240V AC) (Optional)
- Battery life: 400 pictures
- Width: 5.13"
- Height: 3.82"
- Depth: 4.65"
- With Battery: 1.34 lb
- Without Battery: 1.24 lb
- Shipping: 2.5 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 1 year
- Extended Service Warranty Available: Click the warranty tab above for details