Fitbit Zip Black Wireless Activity Tracker - FB301C
Get a kick out of fitness with this little device. It tracks your steps, distance, and calories burned – and syncs those stats to your computer and select smartphones. In doing so, it celebrates how much more you do each day. Zip™ encourages you to set goals, challenge friends, and go farther - one step at time. That's how you turn everyday life into a social, achievable, awesome path to fitness.
- Built To Keep You Moving
By showing you how your day is stacking up, Zip encourages you to get up and go... and keep going! It helps you make those small changes that can add up to something big. (No wonder Fitbit users average 43% more steps each day.)
- Fits Into Your Day & Your Pockey
Wear it in your pocket, on a belt, or a bra- this tracker is as deiscreet or as visible as you want it to be. Its silicone clip will keep you comfortable throughout the day. Zip is also rain, splash, and sweat-proof. With a replaceable watch battery that lasts up to six months, it's excuse-proof too.
- Syncs Wirelessy & Automatically
Zip automatically syns your information to PCs, Macs, iPhone 4S & 5, iPad 3, Retina & mini and the iPod touch. That means no buttons to push, no data to enter. Just real-time access to your stats and the Fitbit dashboard, 24/7. You can even register and pair your Fitbit devices via select smartphones- including certain Androids.
- Gives You Insight & The Inside Scoop
Between Zip, Fitbit's free mobile app, and the free online dashboard, you'll get a snapshot of your daily and cumulative progress. Imagine graphs, tools, charts, and a customizable dashboard to boot. Fitbit's goal is to make your data digestible and useful. By knowing how close you are to reaching your personalized weekly goalsm you can take those extra steps to achieve them.
- Go, Badges, Go
Celebrate your progress and stay motivated by earning Fitbit badges for daily, weekly, even lifetime achievements. When you achieve a new goal, or your activity is extra impressive, we'll award you with a badge! Score.
- Challenge Your Friends
Up for a little competition? Bring friends and family in on the fun by connecting with them on Fitbit.com, where you can compare stats, share progress, and cheer each other on.
- Log Food, Weight & Workouts
Thanks to Fitbit's online tools, logging your meals, water, workouts, and weight is a snap. Nothing will get lost when you're on the go, either. Just log your data with our mobile app. We've got a huge database (from Sunkist oranges to pink salmon). Let's say you create a weight goal. Fitbit can use your food and activity data to help you set an reach daily calorie objectives.
- Plays Well With Other Apps
You can export your Fitbit data to several popular fitness apps. Some of them- including SparkPeople, Lose It!, MyFitnessPal, and MapMyFITNESS- let you import their data into Fitbit's dashboard, so you can track and understand your health in either app. See what's available in our App Gallery.
Controls & Display
- Tap Control
- Just tap the device face with your fingertip to change the display. Each tap cycles through one of five modes:
- Calories burned
- Fitbit smiley (highlights your recent activity level)
Wireless Sync To PC & Mac
- Fitbit's trackers are the first all day activity trackers to offer Bluetooth Smart connectivity, so you see your stats in real-time.
- Syncing occurs automatically any time Zip is within about 20 feet of the wireless sync dongle and is relatively motionless. The dongle plugs into your Mac or PC's USB port. Syncing and uploading require use of the Fitbit uploader application.
Wireless Sync To Mobile
- Syncing Zip to your smartphone or tablet requires Bluetooth 4.0/Bluetooth Smart compatibility. This is currently available on:
- iPhone 4S, 5
- iPad 3, Retina
- iPad mini
- iPod touch, 5th generation
- Samsung Galaxy S4
- Samsung Galaxy S III
- Samsung Galaxy Note II
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
- The Fitbit mobile app works with all smartphones for logging data, receiving notifications, and viewing graphs and charts based on your last sync.
- We recommend syncing your data regularly. As long as Zip has minimum battery power, it tracks up to seven days of detailed, minute-by-minute data. For the preceding 23 days, it summarizes your daily calories, distance and steps taken.
Batteries & Power
- The battery inside Zip lasts four to six months. It has a low battery indicator on the LCD screen. The change your battery, use the battery door tool to unlock and open the door. Remove the battery, place the new battery into the cavity, and close the door.
- Battery life: 4-6 months
- Battery type: 3V coin battery, CR 2025
- Radio transceiver (for wireless sync): Bluetooth Smart
- PC: 12 and up
- Mac: 12 and up
- PC: 3.6.18 and up
- Mac: 3.6.18 and up
- Internet Explorer
- PC: N/A
- Mac: 5.0.5 and up
PC & Mac Requirements
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8
- USB Port
- Internet Connection
- Mac OS X 10.5 and up
- USB Port
- Internet Connection
- Zip uses a MEMS 3-axis accelerometer that measures your motion patterns to determine your calories burned, distance traveled, and steps taken.
- Zip is not waterproof. It shouldn't be worn while swimming. It is, however, rain, splash, and sweat-proof.
- Operating temperature: 32° to 104° F
- Non-Operating temperature: -0° to 130° F
- Relative Humidity: Device is splash proof, and should not be submerged more than one meter.
- Maximum operating altitude: 30,000 feet
- Height: 1.4"
- Width: 1.1"
- Depth: 0.38"
- Unit: 0.018 lbs
- Shipping: 1 lbs