Kicker 15" Solo-Baric L7 Car Audio Subwoofer, Model 11S15I74
Solo-Baric L7 Subwoofer technology continues to maintain the title as the first and foremost authority on bass. It was the world’s first patented square subwoofer, supplying the extra decibels needed for deep, musical bass in a mobile audio system.
“Bass is what we are all about… it’s our specialty,” KICKER founder and President Steve Irby said. “From the very start, we’ve been known for rich sound – it’s the KICKER heritage, and it’s carried out through all we do.”
The Solo-Baric’s cutting-edge, square-sub design ultimately means more cone area, more air displacement and, therefore, more decibels than a conventional round woofer. With a patented corner-ribbed, double-stitched Santoprene® surround helping to hold the massive motor structure in place, the Solo-Baric L7 provides durability at a high excursion without compromising sound quality.
“We’ve got the accuracy, but we also have the intensity,” Irby said. “When we listen (during testing), we listen to it loud – we know there is no distortion. We make sure of it.”
Available in 8-, 10-, 12- and 15-inch models, the Solo-Baric L7’s highly-engineered motor structure handles huge power and provides extreme output. With heavy-duty, ribbon tinsel leads intertwined with semi-progressive spider technology, the square sub promises dependability when pushed to the limit, while dual voice coils with high-temp copper windings easily handle intense heat and power levels.
In addition to the unshakable structure, the Solo-Baric revolves around KICKER’s most advanced cone design, the injection-molded SoloKon™, which adds targeted strength for reliable performance and accurate response. The 360-degree, constant-contact back bracing adheres directly to every contour of the SoloKon square cone, maximizing the mechanical coupling of the motor while making the woofer as strong and responsive as possible.
Venting in SoloKon’s back-bracing and along the perimeter of the spider landing provides maximum air-flow to cool the voice coils during operation. The woofer utilizes a high-mass, extended pole piece to aid in heat dissipation.
The distinctive cast-aluminum basket provides a strong motor foundation, maintaining a low temperature and a mild magnetic field for the most efficient motion, as well as protecting the Solo-Baric’s specialized inner workings. The Solo-Baric L7 woofer remains available in 2-Ohm or 4-Ohm DVC and conducts business from a sealed- or vented-box application.
- Square vs. Round: More cone area results in greater sound pressure produced by the woofer
- The massive motor structure of the L7 paired with KICKER's patented square-woofer technology provides extreme output capability
- Heat-sinking cast aluminum basket provides a strong motor foundation and maintains low temperatures during long-term operation
- Injection-molded SoloKon™ is our most advanced cone design, adding targeted strength for reliable performance and accurate response
- Patented corner-ribbed, double-stitched Santoprene® surroundprovides durability at high excursion with uncompromised sound quality
- 360° constant-contact back bracing adheres directly to every contour of the cone to maximize mechanical coupling of the motor, maintaining precise linear excursion while making the woofer as strong and responsive as possible
- Heavy-duty speaker leads are stitched and glued to the spider rolls for reliable performance when pushed to the limits
- Progressive-roll spider keeps stress away from the glue joint of the spider landing for long-lasting reliability
- Venting in the back-bracing of the cone and perimeter of the spider landing provides maximum air-flow to cool the voice-coil during operation
- Dual Voice Coils with high-temp copper windings handle extreme power levels for long durations without burning out
- T-cut top plate extends the magnetic field of the motor, adding balanced motor strength throughout the entire excursion path of the voice coil
- Solid-dome extended pole piece maintains precise voice-coil control and aids in heat dissipation
- Size: 15"
- Impedance: 2 ohms
- Max rec amplifier power: 2000 W Peak / 1000 W RMS
- Sensitivity: 89.4 dB
- Frequency response: 18-100Hz
- Mounting depth: 7"
- Mounting cutout: 13-3/4"
- Min rec sealed box volume: 2.25 cu ft
- Max rec sealed box volume: 5.0 cu ft
- Min rec vented box volume: 3.0 cu ft
- Max rec vented box volume: 4.0 cu ft