Kicker 8" CompR8 Car Subwoofers - 40CWR82
The next step in world-class bass engineering is here with the CompR
Subwoofer. CompR Subwoofers combine advanced components and superior technology
for a workhorse bass-maker only KICKER could create. As the next generation
of CompVR, KICKER's top-selling woofer of all time, the CompR Subwoofer continues
its legacy of industry-leading performance with bass impact and innovation.
CompR takes flexibility to another level with a single pair of stout, push-button
wire terminals featuring a convenient impedance-selector slider for easily changing
the dual-voice-coil impedance (2/8 Ohms or 1/4 Ohms, depending upon model).
No additional wiring is needed for switching between series or parallel configurations.
Besides convenience, CompR delivers the deepest musical bass and is made to
work perfectly with KICKER KX-Series mono amplifiers. The motor structure itself
is a mechanical marvel, utilizing a large-diameter, progressive-roll spider
for increased linearity and better sound with high-strength Spiralead
tinsel leads woven through for maximum transfer of signal. A KICKER standard,
the one-piece UniPlate, features the vented pole piece and bumped back
plate that's tapered toward the edge to improve the magnetic force within the
gap, optimizing that magnetic energy. The "bump" provides added voice-coil
clearance, assuring precise performance. High-temp coil wire winding around
the pole piece and innovative Quad Venting slots contribute to the woofers'
efficient cooling attributes and durability.
CompR features an injection-molded polypropylene cone and tough Santoprene®
surround for ultra-rigidity and minimal distortion. The full-coverage, steel
basket provides full protection of the large spider and complete motor assembly.
While the basket fully protects the inner workings, its mounting depth has been
minimized further to easily fit into more installations.
These latest CompR advances and technology has resulted in more power handling
than ever before from the series, making this one of KICKER's most proficient
subwoofers ever built.
- Best subwoofer in its class
- Workhorse woofer with advanced components and superior technology
- Works best with KICKER KX-Series Amplifiers
- Available at 2- or 4-Ohm DVC, but provides installation flexibility with
a single pair of push-button wire terminals and convenient impedance-selector
slider for changing DVC impedance (2/8 Ohms or 1/4 Ohms, depending upon model)
- Large-diameter, progressive-roll spider with high-strength Spiralead
- One-piece UniPlate with vented pole piece and bumped back plate
- Added voice-coil clearance for full excursion; high-temp coil wire
- Quad Venting included vertical and horizontal slots under the cone
for ultimate cooling
- Injection-molded polypropylene cone and tough Santoprene® surround
- Full-coverage steel basket with minimized mounting depth
- Size: 8"
- Impedance (Ohms): 2 DVC
- Max. Rec. Amp. Power Watts (Peak/RMS): 800/400
- Sensitivity (dB 1w/1m): 82.8
- Mounting Depth: 4.06"
- Mounting Diameter: 7"
- Min Sealed Box Vol (cu. ft): 0.4
- Max Sealed Box Vol (cu. ft): 1.8
- Min Vented Box Vol (cu. ft): 0.8
- Max Vented Box Vol (cu. ft): 1.2