Rotel Black Multichannel Power Amplifier, Model RMB1555BK
The RMB-1555 is a remarkable multichannel amplifier with power output conservatively rated at 120 watts per channel into 8 ohms (all channels driven!). With all but the most demanding speakers located in extraordinarily large rooms, the RMB-1555 exerts the kind of precise control that presents both nuance and bombast correctly from the faintest flute overtones to the subterranean rumble of an approaching apocalypse.
The RMB-1555 employs high a current, toroidal transformer matched to discrete output transistors with their higher thermal stability and freedom from the designed-in compromises that characterize their integrated circuit cousins. The Class AB amplifier configuration assures the best balance between power output and thermal efficiency.
- Model: RB-1555
- Continuous Power Output (20-20kHz, <0.03%, 8 ohms): 120 watts/channel, 5 channels driven
- Total harmonic distortion (20Hz-20kHz, 8 ohms): <0.03%
- Intermodulation distortion (60Hz:7kHz, 4:1): <0.03%
- Frequency response (+0.5, -3dB): 10Hz - 100kHz
- Damping factor (20-20,000Hz, 8 ohms): 180
- Speaker impedance: 4 ohms minimum
- Signal to noise ratio (IHF A ratio): 116 dB
- Input impedance/sensitivity: 12k ohms/1.5 volt
- Gain: 26.5 dB
- Power requirements
- US: 120 volts, 60Hz
- European: 230 volts, 50Hz
- Power consumption: 650 watts
- Width: 17"
- Height: 7.5"
- Depth: 17-7/8"