Rotel Black Multichannel Power Amplifier, Model RMB1585BK
The RMB-1585, Rotel’s new flagship theater amplifier, provides both the massive power and sonic sophistication required by the finest home theater systems. With five channels, each capable of producing 200 continuous watts each into 8 ohm loads (a full kilowatt of output power!), the RMB-1585 masters any A/V system regardless of speaker load or room size.
But it isn’t just pure output power that distinguishes the RMB-1585. It’s the ability to reproduce both the dynamics of a Hollywood blockbuster and the musical nuances of acoustic instruments that sets it apart. Where does this balance come from? It’s a direct result of Rotel’s celebrated Balanced Design Concept in which circuit topology and parts selection meld in the pursuit of sonic excellence.
- Model: RMB-1585
- Continuous Power Output (20-20kHz, <0.03%, 8 ohms): 200 watts/channel, 5 channels driven
- Total harmonic distortion (20Hz-20kHz, 8 ohms): <0.03%
- Intermodulation distortion (60Hz:7kHz, 4:1): <0.03%
- Frequency response (+0.5, -3dB): 10Hz - 100kHz
- Damping factor (20-20,000Hz, 8 ohms): 260
- Speaker impedance: 4 ohms minimum
- Signal to noise ratio (IHF A ratio): 116 dB
- Input impedance/sensitivity: 12k ohms/1.9 volt
- Gain: 26.5 dB
- Power requirements
- US: 120 volts, 60Hz
- European: 230 volts, 50Hz
- Power consumption: 800 watts
- Width: 17"
- Height: 9-3/8"
- Depth: 17-7/8"