Apple 2GB Space Gray iPod Shuffle - ME949LLA
- Sleek, anodized aluminum. Eight gorgeous colors.
Its main body is crafted from a single piece of aluminum, so iPod shuffle feels solid, sleek, and durable. And the color palette makes it the perfect fashion accessory.
- Hundreds of songs to go.
Never leave a favorite tune behind. Along with up to 15 hours of battery life1, iPod shuffle gives you 2GB of storage capacity, good for hundreds of songs2. That’s plenty of room for the essential songs of your workout or commute. And for multiple playlists, Genius Mixes, podcasts, and audiobooks, too.
- Goes anywhere. And with anything.
iPod shuffle isn’t just portable. It’s wearable, too. Clip it to your shirt, jacket, workout gear, backpack, or purse strap, and it stays put — whether you’re running an errand or running around the track.
- Control your music with just a click.
The big, clickable control pad on the front of iPod shuffle makes it easy to see and use the music controls. Press the center button to play and pause. Press the outer buttons to skip forward or back and adjust volume. Click, click, click. It’s music to your fingers.
- Play it your way.
Maybe you’re the spontaneous type. Or maybe you prefer a little order. Just flip the shuffle switch to suit your listening style. Flip it to the left, and you’ll hear your music in a refreshingly random way. Flip it to the middle, and your songs play in order. Or flip to the right to turn iPod shuffle off.
- Give your songs a voice.
Say you’re listening to a song and want to know the title or the artist. Just press the VoiceOver button on top of your iPod shuffle, and it tells you3. You can even use VoiceOver to hear the names of playlists and switch between them. And if your battery needs charging, VoiceOver tells you that, too.
- It speaks your language.
A French love song. A Spanish bolero. An Italian cantata. Your music library has songs from all over the world. That’s why VoiceOver speaks 29 different languages. So it can tell you song titles and artists in their native tongues or any language you choose.
- Sync to your heart's content.
iTunes on your Mac or PC makes it easy to load up your iPod shuffle. Just choose the playlists, audiobooks, podcasts, and other audio files you want, then sync.
- When one playlist isn't enough.
You probably have multiple playlists in iTunes on your computer. One for your commute. One for the gym. Sync those playlists to iPod shuffle, and you can play the perfect mix for whatever mood strikes you. VoiceOver tells you the name of each playlist, so it’s easy to switch between them and find the one you want without looking.
- Have Genius call the tunes.
There’s another way to get a good mix of music on iPod shuffle: Let Genius do the work. Activate Genius in iTunes on your computer, and it automatically finds songs that sound great together. Then it creates Genius Mixes, which you can easily sync to your iPod shuffle. It’s the perfect way to rediscover songs you haven’t listened to in forever.
External Buttons and Controls
- Control pad
- Play in order
- Turn off
- 3.5mm stereo headphone minijack
- VoiceOver button
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz
- Audio formats supported: AAC (8 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV
Power and Battery3
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Up to 15 hours of audio playback when fully charged
- Charging via USB to computer system or power adapter (sold separately)
- Fast-charge time: about 2 hours (charges up to 80% of battery capacity)
- Full-charge time: about 3 hours
- 29 VoiceOver languages: Chinese (Cantonese, Mandarin), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English (Australia, UK, and U.S.), Finnish, French (Canada, France), German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish (Mexico, Spain), Swedish, Thai, Turkish
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz
- Impedance: 32 ohms
- Mac computer with USB 2.0 port, OS X v10.6.8 or later, and iTunes 10.7 or later4
- PC with USB 2.0 port; Windows 7, Vista, or XP Home or Professional (SP3) or later; and iTunes 10.7 or later
- Internet access required; broadband recommended; fees may apply
- Operating temperature: 32° to 95° F (0° to 35° C)
- Nonoperating temperature: -4° to 113° F (-20° to 45° C)
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
- Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet (3000 m)
What's In The Box:
- iPod shuffle
- Apple Earphones
- iPod shuffle USB Cable
- Quick Start guide
- Unit: 0.03 lbs
- Shipping: 2 lbs
- Height: 1.14"
- Width: 1.24"
- Depth: 0.34"
- Weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
- 1GB = 1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- Testing conducted by Apple in August 2012 using preproduction hardware and software. The playlist contained 358 unique audio tracks consisting of content imported from CDs using iTunes (128-Kbps AAC) and content purchased from the iTunes Store (256-Kbps AAC). Video content was purchased from the iTunes Store. Battery tests are conducted with specific iPod units; actual results may vary. Rechargeable batteries have a limited number of charge cycles and may eventually need to be replaced. Battery life and number of charge cycles vary by use and settings.
- iPod and iTunes are for legal or rightholder-authorized copying only. Don’t steal music.
- Microphone is not supported on iPod shuffle.