Sonos White Play:1 Wireless Speaker - PLAY1US1
Deep, crystal clear HiFi sound. Compact and surprisingly powerful.
- Two custom-designed drivers with dedicated amplifiers
- Stream your entire music library, popular music services, and internet radio
- Start with one, add more over time to fill your home with music
- Simple to set-up; control from anywhere with your smartphone, tablet or PC/Mac
Compact wireless speaker. Deep, crystal clear HiFi sound.
PLAY:1’s custom-designed 3.5” mid-woofer and tweeter, each with a dedicated amplifier, deliver rich, powerful sound, with crystal clear highs and deep, rolling lows for pitch-perfect HiFi music.
- Deep, crystal clear HiFi sound
Hardware and software custom-designed by Sonos to produce rich, powerful sound, HiFi sound that's crystal clear at any volume.
One mid-woofer ensures the faithful reproduction of mid-range frequencies crucial for accurate playback of vocals and instruments, as well as delivery of deep, rich bass.
Two Class-D digital amplifiers perfectly tuned to match the speakers and acoustic architecture.
One tweeter creates a crisp and accurate high frequency response.
- Stereo Pair
Turn two PLAY:1s into separate left and right channel speakers to create wider, bigger, and deeper sound.
- 5.1 Home Theater
Add two PLAY:1 speakers to PLAYBAR and SUB for a true surround sound experience.
- Access all the music on Earth
- Pre-loaded Internet radio stations - free of charge
Get over 100,000 free radio stations, shows, and podcasts -- all for free. And you can tune in without turning on your computer. Browse for stations or type in specific call letters or a radio host you love.
- Computer-free music playback
Get instant access to millions of songs and thousands of radio stations — without ripping, downloading or turning on a computer. Sonos connects directly to these services over the Internet and then streams the music to the rooms of your choice.
- Endless music from the most popular online music services
Sonos works seamlessly with Amazon Music, Deezer, iHeartRadio, JB Hi-Fi NOW, JUKE, Pandora®, Rdio®, Rhapsody®, SiriusXM™, Slacker® Radio, Songza, Spotify®, Stitcher SmartRadio™, Radio by TuneIn, Concert Vault, WiMP, and downloads from any service offering DRM-free tracks. (Service availability varies by region.)
- Play the music on your computer in any room
Play music stored on up to 16 PCs, Macs or NAS (Network Attached Storage) devices on your home network, supporting the most popular audio formats, from iTunes to MP3.
- Control your Sonos music system with your smartphone, tablet and more
- Control all your music and rooms with your Android device, iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
Free Sonos Controller apps for Android, iPhone and iPad let you control your Sonos players, music on the Internet and your computer right from the palm of your hand. Download the apps for free on the iTunes App Store or Google Play.
- Find and play your favorite songs in an instant
Browse or search for songs and stations, choose the music, and control the volume from anywhere in the home.
- Integrated, multi-room control
If you have multiple music players, you can control what music is playing in every room in your house, from anywhere in your house. Sonos Controllers aren't tied to a specific player, so you can use any Controller to control the music and the volume in all your rooms.
- Wireless connectivity
Android devices, iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad connect to your Sonos system through your home WiFi network.
- Includes Sonos Controller for Mac or PC
Turn any Mac or PC desktop or laptop computer in your home into a Controller. The software is included for free with every Sonos component.
- Wireless multi-room music with SonosNet
- Built-in wireless capability
The PLAY:1 can go anywhere, delivering music to any room in your house, wirelessly. Music players and controllers work on your home WiFi network, or they can establish their own secure wireless mesh network that delivers the extensive range and superior performance if your home WiFi isn't reliable enough.
- Play a different song in every room, at the same time
Tune in to an Internet radio station in the bedroom, stream a music service in the kitchen and play a song from your music library in the living room — simultaneously.
- SonosNet wireless mesh network technology
Provides whole-house coverage, ensures synchronous music playback, and avoids sources of wireless interference. Incorporating sophisticated MIMO (multiple input, multiple output) technology, SonosNet uses multiple antennas and radios together to boost signal strength and reach remote locations.
- Works with any mix of Sonos components
- Compatible with all previous generations of Sonos players, CONTROL, and BRIDGE
- Listen to the same song in every room, in perfect synchronization
Play the same song in different rooms, simultaneously, without echoes or delays. Add or drop rooms from your rooms grouping and still be in sync.
- Simple setup and expandable design
- Simple setup
No technical or wireless expertise required. Put a PLAY:1 in any room where you want music and connect it to your home WiFi network using the free Sonos Controller App. The Sonos System Setup software provides simple on-screen prompts on any Sonos CONTROL. With the touch of a few buttons, you'll be playing music all over the house in minutes.
- Expandable wireless system
Expand your wireless music system room by room. Wirelessly add more PLAY:1s to your house and enjoy true multi-room music.
- Simple to move
The PLAY:1 is so small that it is easy to move to the backyard, deck or any other room. Simply pick it up, plug it in, and enjoy the music.
- Automatic software updates
- New features and music services delivered automatically — and for free
The Sonos system keeps getting better over time with new features and music services. Once the Sonos music system has been registered, Sonos will automatically notify you when software updates are available. Simply press one button and your system updates itself.
- Other cool features
- Easy Internet connectivity for other products in your house
When wirelessly connected to a BOOST or another player, you can use the Ethernet port on the back of your PLAY:1 to bring standard Internet connectivity to your set-top box, DVR, PC, game console or network hard drive.
- Humidity resistant
Designed to withstand high-humidity, such as in a bathroom with a running shower. (The PLAY:1 is not waterproof or water resistant.)
- Top-panel play/pause controls
Provides quick access to music, volume and play/pause controls when you don't have a controller in hand. Press the mute button once to start or stop the music and twice to skip to the next track.
- Sonos-Designed: Hardware and software custom-designed by Sonos to
produce rich, powerful sound, HiFi Sound that's crystal clear at any volume.
- Amplifier: Two Class-D Digital amplifiers perfectly tuned to match
the speakers and acoustic architecture.
- Tweeter: One tweeter creates a crisp and accurate high frequency
- Mid-Woofer: One mid-woofer ensures the faithful reproduction of mid-range frequencies crucial for accurate playback of vocals and instruments, as well as delivery of deep, rich bass.
- Stereo Pair: Turn two PLAY:1s into seperate left and right channel
speakers to create wider, bigger, and deeper sound.
- 5.1 Home Theater: Add two PLAY:1 speakers to PLAYBAR and SUB for
a true surround sound experience
- Audio Formats Supported: Support for compressed MP3, iTunes Plus,
WMA (including purchased Windows Media downloads), AAC (MPEG4), AAC+, Ogg
Vorbis, Audible (format 4), Apple Lossless, Flac (lossless) music files, as
well as uncompressed WAV and AIFF files. Native support for 44.1kHz sample
rates. Additional support for 48kHz, 32kHz, 24kHz, 22kHz, 16kHz, 11kHz, and
8kHz sample rates. Note: Apple "Fairplay", WMA DRM and WMA Lossless formats
not currently supported. Previously purchased Apple "Fairplay" DRM-protected
songs may be upgraded.
Music services supported: Sonos works seamlessly with most music services, including Pandora, Spotify, Deezer and Soundcloud. For a complete list see http://www.sonos.com/music.
- Operating systems (for stored files): Windows® XP SP3 and higher; Mac running OS X 10.6.8 or greater; NAS (Network Attached Storage) devices supporting CIFS
- Internet radio supported: Streaming MP3,
- Album art supported: JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF
- Playlists supported: iTunes®, Rhapsody, WinAmp®, Windows Media Player®,
and MusicMatch™ (.m3u, .pls, .wpl)
- Playback modes:Crossfade, shuffle, repeat
- Wireless connectivity: Works on your home WiFi network with any 802.11b/g, 2.4GHz broadcast capable router.
Also works on SonosNet, a secure AES encrypted, peer-to-peer wireless mesh network dedicated exclusively for your Sonos system to reduce WiFi interference
- SonosNet Extender: Functions
to extend and enhance the power of SonosNet 2.0.
- Ethernet Port: One 10/100Mbps Ethernet port
- Power Supply: AC 120/240V, 50-60Hz, auto-switchable
- Top-panel buttons: Volume and Mute
- Top-panel lights: Indicate Sonos component status and Mute status
- Threaded mount: 1/4 inch (6.35mm) / 20-thread
- Operating temperature: 32°F to 113°F (0°C to 45°C)
- Storage temperature: 4°F to 158°F (-20°C to 70°C)
- Humidity resistant: Designed to withstand high-humidity, such as
in a bathroom with a running shower. (The PLAY:1 is not waterproof or water
- Product finish: White with light metallic grille; black with graphite
- Multi-language support: Sonos System Software supports : Danish,
Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Simplified Chinese,
Spanish, Swedish and Brazilian Portuguese.
- Package contents: SONOS PLAY:1, power cord, flat Ethernet cable,
Sonos QuickStart Guide, and Legal/Warranty information
- Height: 6.36"
- Width: 4.69"
- Depth: 4.69"
- Unit: 5.36 lb / 2.43 kg (including cables and print materials)
- Shipping: 8 lbs
- Manufacturer's Warranty (authorized online retailer): OneYear Parts and Labor
- * Internet connection required for access to Internet radio stations, online music services and software updates (DSL, cable modem or LAN-based high-speed Internet connection required.) Internet functionality may require payment of separate fee to a service provider