Sony Cyber-Shot 20.2 Megapixel Digital Still Camera - DSCRX10B
- 1" 20.2MP Exmor R™ sensor for extreme low-light shots
- Bright f/2.8 24-200mm Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Lens
- Simple connectivity to smartphones via Wi-Fi or NFC
- Up to ISO 12800 sensitivity with advanced noise reduction
- P/A/S/M operating modes with smooth precise control ring
- Record your photos as JPEG files, RAW files, or both
- Full HD movies at 60p/24p with full exposure control
Open your eyes. A bright, large-aperture zoom lens, a big, extra-sensitive image sensor and other brilliant features are ready to fire up your passion to create. It's the new RX10 – the compact digital camera that puts boundless picture-taking power in your hands and a fresh new outlook in your sights.
Close-up shooting is seamless. No switching to macro mode is needed. Zoom in all the way up to extreme telephoto on a subject as near as 30cm away. The built-in lens makes it more convenient for you to take impressive shots throughout a big range.
- Professional power. Portable size.
An advanced aspherical lens (AA lens) reduces diameter and length, and maintains high resolution even at image edges. A new Direct Drive SSM (Super Sonic wave Motor) stops lens movement with spot-on precision. Far-reaching optical flexibility minimizes mechanical dimensions. Precise alignment of the image sensor and lens also perfectly combines diminutive form and outsized performance.
Boasting a 20.2MP 1.0-inch Exmor R® CMOS sensor with back-illuminated technology and approximately 4x larger light-sensitive area, RX10 harnesses light and reduces image noise in ways other compact DSC (digital still cameras) can't match. Combined with the high settings of a wide ISO range, even photos of dimly lit scenes look incredibly clear, crisp, and lifelike.
- New BIONZ X Image Processing Engine
The groundbreaking new BIONZ® X image processing engine not only maximizes picture quality in ways that only a seamlessly unified body and lens design can realize – it also faithfully reproduces textures and details in real time, as seen by the naked eye, with peerless high-speed processing. The experience of shooting and viewing stills and movies expands your senses by depicting true realism with richer tonal gradations and lower image noise than was previously possible. With such a high magnitude of power ready for every situation, BIONZ X naturally leads toward better ways to capture the world in full glory.
- Quick Focusing Even at Telephoto Range
High-speed AF is remarkably smooth thanks to the Direct Drive SSM (Super Sonic wave Motor) with precision-engineered focusing stop positions designed to minimize focusing lens travel distance, which shortens focusing time.
- Versatile Focus Area Selection
Choose among three concentric Flexible Spot frames for greater focusing versatility and precision than other cameras' fixed-focus spot frame systems can provide.
- Lock-on Autofocus with Smart Precision
Just press the shutter button halfway to activate Lock-on AF. It precisely focuses even on moving subjects by continuously adjusting target frame size based on its recognition of subject characteristics. You can easily stay focused on the main action because this object tracking innovation optimizes autofocus timing. Even when a subject goes out of frame temporarily, tracking resumes at the moment that it is recaptured after re-entering the frame.
Applying advanced detection technology, this new Eye AF function detects and focuses on a subject's eye, even if the subject is facing or looking slightly away from the camera. Then, a blinking green frame appears on that eye in the viewfinder image to indicate the point of focus for the upcoming shot.
- Capture it all in Full HD
Record Full HD movies in the AVCHD Progressive, 1920 x 1080 format and select between supremely smooth-looking 60p or cinematically expressive 24p shooting modes. To maintain clear, steady movie shooting results, optical image stabilization in Active mode effectively reduces camera shake.
- Professional-caliber Sound and Recording
The RX10 has plenty of features to realize more of the potential in your movies. To record sound with precision worthy of professional production, connect a high-performance microphone through an input terminal. Monitor pristine stereo sound through premium-quality Sony headphones plugged into the headphone jack. A built-in HDMI output terminal also accommodates connection of a TV, computer or DVD player/recorder. Audio metering and recording level control are instrumental to keeping soundtracks smooth and consistent. Use the camera's Multi Interface Shoe and an optional XLR Adaptor Kit to hook up external recording, flash and other accessories. It all adds up to a set of professional-class capabilities that is unprecedented among all other compact cameras.
Connect via the HDMI terminal to transfer clear, uncompressed digital movie signal output from the RX10 to an external monitor/recorder simultaneously in real time. Or, for a cleaner view, turn off the shooting info display and watch your movies unfold on an external monitor/recorder.
See spectacular clarity, contrast and detail in every scene, regardless of conditions, on the built-in, bright, high-resolution OLED Tru-Finder™. Four dual-sided aspherical lenses provide a big, approximately 33-degree view angle and maintain excellent edge-to-edge visibility of the electronic viewfinder.
- Customizing Convenient Command
For faster, more intuitive camera operation, you can customize a total of seven buttons by assigning up to 40 types of functions among them. As a result, you will gain more convenient access to your selection of frequently used functions, right at your fingertips.
Use the manual ring to directly control certain settings, zooming and focusing, according to the focus mode in use. In addition, before turning the aperture ring to set F-stop, you can turn Aperture Click Switch on for a stepwise feel of assurance, or off for a quiet, smooth feel when setting the aperture. Display panels on top lets you glance at key settings without moving the camera as you look through the viewfinder.
- Strong and Light Enough for Anything
Magnesium alloy top and front casings make RX10 light, solid and robust enough for long, rigorous use by advanced photographers and videographers. Shoot in rugged outdoor environments without worry as the dust- and moisture-resistant design gives you that added level of confidence to follow your subject wherever they may roam.
A new, improved graphical user interface makes access to frequently used functions absolutely effortless. Just press the Fn button to display a list of them.
- Cover Every Shooting Angle
Shoot comfortably from various positions via an approximately 1,229K-dot tiltable 3.0-type White Magic™ LCD screen. The display has the flexibility to be tilted within a range of angles extending from about 84 degrees upward to about 45 degrees downward.
- Easily Connect with Smartphones and Tablets
Download the free PlayMemories Mobile™ app and instantly connect via Wi-Fi® or NFC (near field communication) by touching a compatible Android™ smartphone or tablet to the camera. Then, you can remotely control the camera's shutter release from that other mobile device, instantly receive the image on the device and upload transferred images to a social networking site.
- Operating System Compatibility : Image Data Converter 4.0: Microsoft Windows® Vista® SP2, Windows® 7 SP1, Windows® 8 (Pentium 4 or faster) Mac OS X (10.6-10.8) (Intel Core Solo/Core Duo/Core 2 Duo or faster) PlayMemories Home: Microsoft Windows® Vista® SP2, Windows® 7 SP1, Windows® 8 (Pentium III 800 MHz or faster; for playing/editing HD movies: Intel Core Duo 1.66 GHz or faster/Intel Core 2 Duo 1.66 GHz or faster, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.26 GHz or faster (AVC HD (FX/FH)) Mac OS X (10.6-10.8) (Intel Core Solo/Core Duo/Core 2 Duo or faster)
- Supplied Software : Supplied Software: PlayMemories™ Home, Image Data Converter Version 4
- Image Stabilization : [Still Image] Optical [Movie] Active Mode, Optical type with electronic compensation (Anti-rolling)
- Auto High Dynamic Range : Yes, (Auto Exposure Difference, Exposure difference Level (1-6 EV at 1.0 EV step), off)
- Sweep Panorama : Horizontal (Wide/Standard), Vertical (Wide/Standard)
- Face Detection : On, Off, Face Registration, Face Selection; maximum eight faces detected
- Smile Shutter™ technology : Smile shutter (selectable from 3 steps)
- Priority Setting (for Face Detection) : Yes (eight faces max)
- Camera Type : Cyber-shot® Digital Still Camera
- Lens Compatibility : Fixed lens
- Media/Battery Indicator : Yes
- View & Index : Single (with or without shooting information), RGB histogram and highlight/shadow warning, 4/9-frame index view, Enlarged display mode (L: 13.6x, M: 9.9x, S: 6.8x), Auto Review (10/5/2 sec, Off), Image orientation (On/Off), Slideshow, Panorama scrolling, Folder selection (still), Forward/Rewind (movie), Delete, Protect
- Still Image Playback Options : Single, 4/9-frame index view, Enlarged display mode, Auto Review (10/5/2 sec, off), Image orientation (On/Off selectable), Slideshow, Panorama scrolling, Folder selection, Delete, Protect
- Continuous Shooting Speed : Approx. 10 fps
- Shutter Speeds : Program Auto (1 - 1/3200) / Aperture Priority (8 - 1/3200) / Shutter Priority (30 - 1/3200) / Manual Exposure (Bulb, 30 - 1/3200) / iAuto (4 - 1/3200)
- Self-timer : 10 sec. / 2 sec. / Self-portrait One-person/ Self-portrait Two-person/ Self timer Continuous (3 or 5 shots)
- Drive Mode : Single-shot, Continuous, Speed Priority Continuous, Self-timer (10/2 sec. delay), Self-timer (Cont.), Self-portrait One-person, Self-portrait Two-person, Bracketing
- D-Range Optimizer : Off, Dynamic Range Optimizer (Auto / Level), Auto High Dynamic Range: Off, Auto exposure difference, Exposure difference level (1.0 – 6.0 EV, 1.0 EV step)
- Auto Exposure Lock : Yes (AE Lock button). Can be disabled from menu
- Exposure Compensation : +/- 5.0EV (1/3 EV, 1/2 EV steps selectable) (with exposure compensation dial : +/- 3EV (1/3 EV steps))
- Picture Effect(s) : [Still Image] Toy Camera, Pop Color, Posterization, Retro Photo, Soft High- key, Partial Color, High Contrast Monochrome, Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Rich-tone Monochrome, Miniature, Watercolor, Illustration [Movie] Toy Camera, Pop Color, Posterization, Retro Photo, Soft High-key, Partial Color, High Contrast Monochrome
- Exposure Settings : [Still] Program Auto (Program shift available), Aperture Priority, Shutter Speed Priority, Manual Exposure, MR (Memory Recall)1, MR2 [Movie] Movie Mode (Program Auto, Aperture Priority, Shutter Speed Priority, Manual Exposure) [Panorama] Scene Selection, AUTO (Intelligent Auto/Superior Auto)
- Scene Mode(s) : Portrait, Anti Motion Blur, Sports Action, Macro, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Hand-held Twilight, Night Portrait
- Exposure Bracketing : 3 continuous or single shots in 1/3 or 2/3 EV steps
- Metering Modes : Multi-segment, Center-weighted, Spot
- ISO : Still Image] Auto (ISO 125 - 12800, selectable with upper / lower limit), 125 / 160 / 200 / 250 / 320 / 400 / 500 / 640 / 800 / 1000 / 1250 / 1600 / 2000 / 2500 / 3200 / 4000 / 5000 / 6400 / 8000 / 10000 / 12800 (Expandable to ISO 80 / 100) Multi Frame NR: Auto (ISO 125 - 25600), 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / 3200 / 6400 / 12800 / 25600 [Movie] Auto (ISO 125 - 6400 equivalent), 125 / 160 / 200 / 250 / 320 / 400 / 500 / 640 / 800 / 1000 / 1250 / 1600 / 2000 / 2500 / 3200 / 4000 / 5000 / 6400 / 8000 / 10000 / 12800
- Creative Style : Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Clear, Deep, Light, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Autumn Leaves, Black & White, Sepia, Style Box(Contrast (-3 to +3steps), Saturation(-3 to +3steps), Sharpness(-3 to +3steps)
- Color Temperature : 2500 – 9900K with 15-step each Magenta/Green compensation (G7 to M7), Amber/Blue (A7 to B7), Custom
- White Balance Mode : Auto / Daylight / Shade / Cloudy / Incandescent / Fluor (Warm White) / Fluor (Cool White) / Fluor (Day White) / Fluor (Daylight) / Flash / C. Temp., Filter / Custom
- Flash Modes : Flash Mode: Auto / Fill-flash / Slow Sync / Rear Sync / Off
- Flash Bracketing : ±2.0 EV
- Flash Coverage : ISO Auto: 3' 3-3/16" to 33' 5" (1.0m to 10.2m) ISO 12800: Up to 66' 11" (Up to 20.4m)
- Flash Type : Built-in, Pop-up Auto
- Flash Metering System : Pre-flash TTL
- Flash Compensation : ±2.0 EV (switchable between 1/3 EV steps)
- Recycling Time : Approx. 3 sec.
- Focus Area : Multi point AF (25 points) / Center weighted AF / Flexible spot / Flexible spot (tracking focus) / Flexible spot (face tracking)
- Focus Points : 25 points
- AF Modes : Single-shot AF (AF-S) / Continuous AF (AF-C) / Direct Manual Focus (DMF) / Manual Focus
- Focus System : Contrast-detect AF
- Processor : BIONZ® X image processor
- Pixel Gross : 20.9M pixels (approx.)
- Color Filter System : RGB primary color filters
- Effective Picture Resolution : 20.2M pixels (approx.)
- Imaging Sensor : Exmor R® 1.0" CMOS sensor (13.2 X 8.8mm) (3:2 aspect ratio)
- NFC : Yes (NFC Forum Type 3 Tag compatible, One-touch remote, One-touch sharing)
- Memory Card Slot : Dual compatibility slot: Memory Stick PRO Duo™/Pro-HG Duo™/PRO-HG HX Duo™ media - SD, SDHC and SDXC memory cards
- HD Output : HDMI® (Type D micro)
- Tripod Mount : Yes, 1/4" (20 thread count)
- PhotoTV HD : Yes, with BRAVIA® Sync enabled HDTV and HDMI® cable
- USB Port(s) : USB 2.0 Hi-speed (mass-storage, MTP)
- Wi-Fi : Yes
- Accessory Shoe : Multi Interface Shoe
- BRAVIA® Sync™ : Yes, via HDMI® with compatible BRAVIA® HDTV (link menu)
- Microphone Input : Yes (3.5 mm Stereo minijack or Multi Interface)
- Peaking : Yes Level setting: High/Mid/Low/Off Color: White/Red/Yellow
- Real-time image adjustment display : Yes (On/Off)
- LCD Type : 3.0" (7.5cm) (4:3) / 1,228,000 dots / Xtra Fine / TFT LCD / Tiltable (up approx. 84 deg., down approx. 43 deg.)
- Coverage : 100% Field of View
- Customization : Grid, Histogram display, Digital Level Gauge, Grid Line, Magnified display for playback
- Angle Adjustment : Tilt angle: Up: Approx. 84 degrees; Down: Approx. 43 degrees
- Histogram : Yes (On/off)
- Live View : Continuous Live View
- Brightness Control : Auto / Manual (5 steps) / Sunny Weather mode
- Grid Display : Yes (Rule of Thirds, 4x6 Square, Diagonal & 4x6 Square Grids, Off)
- Digital Zoom : Still Image: 20M approx. 66x / 10M approx. 93x / 5M approx. 133x / VGA approx. 249x (including Optical Zoom) Movie: 66x (including Optical Zoom)
- Optical Zoom : 8.3x (Optical Zoom during movie recording)
- Lens Type : Carl Zeiss® Vario-Sonnar T*, 14 elements in 11 groups (including 7 aspheric elements)
- Clear Image Zoom : 16.6x (including Optical Zoom)
- Aperture : F2.8 constant
- Focal Length (35mm equivalent) : [Still Image 3:2] f = 24-200mm [Still Image 16:9] f = 25-213mm [Still Image 4:3] f= 26-220mm [Still Image 1:1] f = 31-259mm [Movie 16:9] f = 26-212mm (SteadyShot® Standard), f = 29-315mm (SteadyShot Active Mode) [Movie 4:3] f = 31-259mm (SteadyShot Standard), f = 35-386mm (SteadyShot Active Mode)
- Aperture Blade : Iris diaphragm (7 blades)
- Battery Type : InfoLITHIUM® NP-FW50 (7.7V)
- Power Consumption (in Operation) : Approx. 1.5W
- Number of Still Images : Approx. 420 images with LCD monitor (CIPA standard)
- Battery Capacity : 1080 mAh
- Video Signal : NTSC color, EIA standards
- Panorama Still Image Size : Horizontal wide (12416 x 1856 / 5536 x 2160), Horizontal standard (8192 x 1856 / 3872 x 2160)
- Microphone/Speaker : Built-in stereo microphone or ECM-CG50 / XLR-K1M (sold separately)/ Built-in monaural speaker
- Still Image Size 1:1 : L: 13M (3648x 3648) / M: 6.5M (2544 x 2544) / S: 3.7M (1920 x 1920)
- Audio Format : Dolby Digital (AC-3) / MPEG-4 AAC-LC
- Video Format : AVCHD Ver. 2.0 / MP4 (MPEG-4 AVC (H.264))
- Video Mode : AVCHD: 28M PS (1920 x 1080, 60p) 24M FX (1920 x 1080, 60i) 17M FH (1920 x 1080, 60i) 24M FX (1920 x 1080, 24p) 17M FH (1920 x 1080, 24p) MP4: 12M (1440 x 1080, 30 fps) 3M VGA (640 x 480, 30 fps)
- Color Space : sRGB, AdobeRGB, xvYCC standard (x.v.Color™ when connected via HDMI® cable) compatible with TRILUMINOS™ color
- Still Image Size 16:9 : L:17M (5472 x 3080) / M: 7.5M (3648 x 2056) / S: 4.2M (2720 x 1528)
- Still Image Size 3:2 : L: 20M (5472 x 3648) / M: 10M (3888 x 2592) / S: 5.0M (2736 x 1824)
- Still Image Mode : JPEG (Standard, Fine), RAW, RAW+JPEG
- Media Type : Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick PRO Duo, Memory Stick PRO Duo (High Speed), Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo, Memory Stick XC-HG Duo, Memory Stick Micro9, Memory Stick Micro (Mark2)9, SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card (UHS-I), SDXC Memory Card (UHS-I), microSD Memory Card9, microSDHC Memory Card9, microSDXC Memory Card9
- Still Image Max Effective Resolution : 20.2 Megapixels
- Still Image Size(Photo Mode) : JPEG (DCF Ver. 2.0, Exif Ver.2.3, MPF Baseline compliant), RAW (Sony ARW 2.3format)
- Still Image Size 4:3 : L: 18M (4864 x 3648) / M: 10M (3648 x 2736) / S: 5.0M (2592 x 1944) / VGA
In The Box
- Rechargeable Battery Pack NP-FW50
- AC Adaptor AC-UB10
- Micro USB cable
- Shoulder Strap
- Lens cap, Shoe cap
- Lens Hood
- Eyepiece Cup
- Instruction Manual
- Unit: 1 lb 10.6 oz
- Shipping: 3 lbs
- Width: 5.13"
- Height: 3.50"
- Depth: 4.13"
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 1 Year Parts And Labor
- 1. Records in up to 29 minutes segments.
- 4. Achieved by using overlay burst shooting.
- 5. At F8 or greater aperture value. Fastest limit at F2.8 is 1/1600sec.
- 6. Compatible with BRAVIA® Sync or Theatre Sync™ HDTVs connected via HDMI®.
- 7. Actual performance varies based on settings, environmental conditions, and usage. Battery capacity decreases over time and use.
- 8. Requires compatible BRAVIA® HDTV and cable sold separately
- 9. With Adaptor (not supplied)
- 10. Files compatible with iMovie® '09 or later on Mac.
- 11. Shutter button activation of Lock-on AF is only available in AF-C mode
- 11. Shutter button activation of Lock-on AF is only available in AF-C mod