Martin Logan White Motion 40 Single High Gloss Speaker Tower, Model MO40HGWH
The elegant Motion 40 tower speakers are the newest additions to MartinLogan's award-winning Motion® Series. Voice-matched with the entire Motion Series products, the new Motion 40 speakers feature our advanced resolution Folded Motion™ tweeter and have been designed with a luscious high-gloss piano finish, subtle angled-top cabinet with soft radius corners and signature MartinLogan perforated grille.
The elegant Motion 40 features an advanced resolution Folded Motion™ tweeter, a 5-1/2" aluminum cone midrange driver and dual 6-1/2" aluminum cone woofers.
Part of the secret to the Motion 40's outstanding performance lies in the dual oversized black-aluminum cone woofers paired with a rear-firing bass port. The oversized woofer design creates increased cone area delivering higher output and audibly richer, deeper bass performance than it's slightly smaller sibling, the Motion 20. The addition of a dedicated mid-woofer also promotes an even more open, revealing and authentic sound in the critical midrange. Pairing this powerful trio with our Folded Motion tweeter creates audible acoustic alchemy across the frequency spectrum.
- Engineering Genius
What makes the Motion Series sound so amazing? MartinLogan's dedicated in-house engineering team started by utilizing and refining the most advanced, compact technologies and combining them with innovative engineering. The result is an emotionally engaging sound that rivals (and most times trounces) traditional loudspeakers of similar size and price. Although our engineers won't reveal exactly how they make the sausage, here are a few technologies that help give MartinLogan Motion Series such a unique sound.
- Folded Motion Tweeter
Never settle. That's exactly what's on the minds of our engineers when they develop every MartinLogan speaker. Just take a look at the innovative Folded Motion Tweeter. This exotic tweeter—you know, similar to other tweeter technologies found on ultra-high-end speakers—helps gives Motion speakers their fantastically realistic highs. Lightning fast transient response, combined with a large surface area (8-times that of a typical 1" dome tweeter) creates clear, highly dynamic and precise sound.
- Folded Motion Technology
Engineering magic and high-performance technology create beautiful music together.
- Premium Finished
Stunning high-gloss piano black cabinets with soft edges and high-quality connections.
- Sexy Curves
Subtle curves and a slender profile make other speakers jealous.
- Complete Home Theater Solutions
Mix-and-match the Motion Series to build an exhilarating MartinLogan home theater system.
- Frequency Response: 40-25,000 Hz +/- 3 dB
- Dispersion: 80° x 80°
- High Frequency Driver: 1" x 1.4" (2.6cm x 3.6cm) Folded Motion Transducer with 5.25" x 1.75" (13.3cm x 4.4cm) diaphragm
- Mid Frequency Transducer: 5-1/2" (14cm) aluminum cone woofer in a non-resonant asymmetrical chamber format. Cast polymer basket. Rigid structured dust cap reduces cone break-up
- Sensitivity: 92 dB @ 2.83 volts/meter
- Impedance: 4 ohms. Compatible with 4, 6, or 8 ohm rated amplifiers
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 20-300 watts
- Crossover Frequency: 500 & 2,600 Hz
- Cabinet: Ported
- Components: Precision Vojtko with custom air core coil and low DCR steel laminate inductors. Polyester film capacitors in series and low DF electrolytic capacitors in parallel
- Inputs: Custom 5-way bi-wire tool-less binding posts
- Height: 42.5"
- Depth: 7.6"
- Width: 12.8"
- Unit: 49 lbs
- Shipping: 52 lbs