Sony 24.3 Megapixel Alpha 7R Interchangeable Lens Camera - ILCE7RB
- World's lightest interchangeable lens full-frame camera1
- Full Frame 24.3MP resolution with 14-bit RAW recording
- Fast Hybrid AF with phase-detection for DSLR-like speed
- Fast Intelligent AF optimized for full-frame sensor
- Direct access interface for fast, natural shooting
- Connect to smartphones via Wi-Fi® or NFC
- Compatible with Sony E-mount and full frame lenses
- 28-70mm (SEL2870) full-frame lens included
No other full frame, interchangeable-lens camera is this light or this portable. 24.3MP of rich detail. A true-to-life 2.4 million dot OLED viewfinder. Wi-Fi® sharing and an expandable shoe system. It's all the full-frame performance you ever wanted in a compact size that will change your perspective entirely.
- World's Smallest and Lightest
Meet the world's smallest lightest and interchangeable lens full-frame camera*. Sony's Exmor® image sensor takes full advantage of the Full-frame format, but in a camera body less than half the size and weight of a full-frame DSLR.
Enter a whole new world of high-quality images thanks to the 24.3MP effective 35mm full-frame sensor, a normal sensor range of ISO 100 – 25600, and a sophisticated balance of high resolving power, gradation and low noise. Never miss a shot as the BIONZ® X image processor enables up to 5 fps high-speed continuous shooting and 14-bit RAW image data recording.
- New BIONZ X Image Processing Engine
Sony proudly introduces the new BIONZ® X image processing engine, which faithfully reproduces textures and details in real time, as seen by the naked eye, via extra high-speed processing capabilities. Together with front-end LSI (large scale integration) that accelerates processing in the earliest stages, it enables more natural details, more realistic images, richer tonal gradations and lower noise whether you shoot still images or movies.
Enhanced Fast Hybrid auto focus combines speedy phase-detection AF with highly accurate contrast-detection AF, which has been accelerated through a new Spatial Object Detection algorithm, to achieve among the fastest autofocusing performance of any full-frame camera. First, phase-detection AF with 117 densely placed phase-detection AF points swiftly and efficiently moves the lens to bring the subject nearly into focus. Then contrast-detection AF with wide AF coverage fine-tunes the focusing in the blink of an eye.
- Lightning Quick Autofocus
Get ultra high-speed AF despite the use of a full-frame sensor via an advanced image processing engine and improved algorithms that combine and optimize image sensor read-out speed.
Capture subjects partially turned away from the camera in a shallow depth of field with no problem thanks to Eye AF. Simply focus on a face, and a green frame appears over the prioritized eye to confirm the proper subject is locked. Its extremely accurate eye detection can even prioritize a single pupil. Eye AF can be used when the function is assigned to a customizable button, allowing users to instantly activate it depending on the scene.
To take advantage of the lightweight on-the-go body, the a7 is fully compatible with Sony's E-mount lens system as well as compact and lightweight E-mount full-frame lenses from Carl Zeiss® and Sony's premier G-Series.
- Fast and Intuitive Shooting Control
Respond swiftly with just the right settings without searching through dedicated menus thanks to Quick Navi Pro. Easily view all major shooting options on the LCD screen so you can rapidly confirm settings and make adjustments on the fly when fleeting shooting opportunities arise.
- High Contrast OLED Viewfinder
View every scene in rich detail with the 2.4M dot XGA OLED Tru-Finder, which features OLED improvements and the same 3-lens optical system used in the flagship a99. Since the viewfinder faithfully displays what will appear in your recording, including the effects of your camera settings, you can accurately monitor your scene and the settings results. You'll enjoy rich tonal gradations and 3 times the contrast of the a99, along with high-end features like 100% frame coverage and a wide viewing angle.
- Cover Every Shooting Angle
Snap shots high over crowds or down low to capture a pet's eye view with the tiltable 3.0" (1,229k dots) Xtra Fine™ LCD that boasts a range of movement between approximately 84° up and 45°down. Easily scroll through menus and preview life thanks to WhiteMagic™ technology that dramatically increases visibility in bright daylight. The large display delivers brilliant-quality still images and movies while enabling easy focusing operation.
Capture Full 1920 x 1080 HD uncompressed clean-screen video files with external recording devices via an HDMI®connection in 60p and 60i frame rates. Selectable in-camera AVCHD™ codec frame rates include super-smooth 60p, standard 60i or cinematic 24p, while MP4 codec is also available for smaller files for easier upload to the web.
- Capture the Decisive Moment
When your subject is moving fast, you can capture the decisive moment with clarity and precision by shooting at speeds up to 5 frames per second. New faster, more accurate AF tracking, made possible by Fast Hybrid AF, uses powerful predictive algorithms and subject recognition technology to track every move with greater speed and precision.
The exciting new application download service, PlayMemories™Camera Apps, lets you add new functions to your camera's existing feature-set to heighten photographic expression according to your own creative needs. Two applications are currently available for a7 as of October 16, 2013: Direct Upload uploads photos directly to networking services and Smart Remote Control allows a smartphone to control the camera. Many more apps will become available later, including Multiple Exposure, Lens Compensation, Photo Retouch and Picture Effect+.
- Simply Connect with Smartphones and Tablets
Wirelessly share your photos and videos through simplified Wi-Fi/NFC control. Use Wi-Fi or NFC (near field communication) for convenient cordless image transfer to Android™ smartphones and tablets. Simply touch devices to establish an NFC connection; no complex set-up is required. Even better, the smart Remote Control feature lets you control the shutter through your smartphone after you pair it to the camera.
- View 4K Stills on Your 4K TV
Watch Ultra High Definition slide shows directly on compatible 4K televisions via optional HDMI or Wi-Fi connection8. The a7 converts images for optimized 4K image size playback (8MP) so you can enjoy expressive rich colors and amazing detail like never before.
Enjoy long hours of comfortable operation in the vertical orientation with the optional sure vertical grip (VG-C1EM), which can hold two batteries for longer shooting and features dust and moisture protection.
In addition to E-mount lenses, you can add an optional 35mm full-frame compatible adapter (LA-EA3 or LA-EA4) to mount any A-mount lens to the a7. The LA-EA4 features a built-in AF motor, aperture-drive mechanism and Translucent Mirror Technology to enable continuous phase-detection AF. Both adapters feature a tripod hole that allows mounting of a tripod to support large A-mount lenses.
- Operating System Compatibility : Image Data Converter 4.0: Microsoft Windows® Vista® SP2, Windows® 7 SP1, Windows® 8 (Pentium 4 or faster) Mac OS X (10.6-10.8) (Intel Core Solo/Core Duo/Core 2 Duo or faster) PlayMemories Home: Microsoft Windows® Vista® SP2, Windows® 7 SP1, Windows® 8 (Pentium III 800 MHz or faster; for playing/editing HD movies: Intel Core Duo 1.66 GHz or faster/Intel Core 2 Duo 1.66 GHz or faster, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.26 GHz or faster (AVC HD (FX/FH)) Mac OS X (10.6-10.8) (Intel Core Solo/Core Duo/Core 2 Duo or faster)
- Supplied Software : Supplied Software: PlayMemories Home, Image Data Converter Version 4
- Image Stabilization : Lens-based (where applicable)
- Auto High Dynamic Range : Yes, (Auto Exposure Difference, Exposure difference Level (1-6 EV at 1.0 EV step), off)
- Sweep Panorama : Horizontal (Wide / Standard), Vertical (Wide / Standard)
- Anti Motion Blur : Yes
- Shooting Tips : Yes
- Intelligent Auto : Yes
- Face Detection : On, Off, Face Registration, Face Selection; maximum eight faces detected
- Smile Shutter™ technology : Smile shutter (selectable from 3 steps)
- Priority Setting (for Face Detection) : Yes (eight faces max)
- Superior Auto : Yes
- Tracking Focus : Yes
- Camera Type : Interchangeable Lens Digital SLR camera
- Lens Compatibility : Sony E-mount Full Frame, operation with Minolta / Konica Minolta Maxxum A-mount lenses confirmed via optional LA-EA3/LA-EA4 adaptor9
- Lens Mount Type : Sony E-mount Full Frame
- Media/Battery Indicator : Yes
- Still Image Playback Options : Single (with or without shooting information, RGB histogram & highlight/shadow warning), 9/25-frame index view, Enlarged display mode (Maximum magnification L: 23.0x, M: 15.0x, S: 11.5x), Auto Review (10 / 5 / 2 sec, off), Image orientation (Auto / Manual / Off selectable), Slideshow, Panorama scrolling, Folder selection (Still / Date / MP4 / AVCHD), Forward / Rewind (Movie), Delete, Protect
- Video Playback Options : Forward / Rewind (Movie)
- Self Timer : Yes
- Power Save Mode : Yes
- Red-Eye Reduction : Yes
- Erase/Protect : Yes
- Multiple Language Display : Yes
- Continuous Shooting Speed : Continuous shooting: Max. 2.5fps, Speed Priority Continuous shooting: Max. 5.0fps
- Shutter Speeds : 1/8000 to 30 seconds, bulb
- Self-timer : 2-sec. or 10-sec. delay
- Shutter Type : Electronically-controlled, vertical-traverse, focal-plane shutter
- Drive Mode : Single shooting, Continuous shooting, Speed Priority Continuous shooting, Self-timer (10/2 sec delay selectable), Self-timer (Cont.) (10 sec. delay; 3/5 exposures selectable), Bracketing (Cont., Single, White Balance, DRO)
- D-Range Optimizer : Off, Dynamic Range Optimizer (Auto / Level (1-5)), Auto High Dynamic Range: Auto Exposure Difference, Exposure Difference Level (1.0-6.0 EV, 1.0 EV step)
- Auto Exposure Lock : Available with AE lock button. Locked when shutter button is pressed halfway. Can be disabled from the Menu
- Exposure Compensation : +/-5.0 EV (in 1/3 EV or 1/2 EV steps), with exposure compensation dial: +/-3.0 EV (in 1/3 EV steps)
- Picture Effect(s) : 13 modes: Posterization (Color, B/W), Pop Color, Retro Photo, Partial Color (R, G, B, Y), High Contrast Monochrome, Toy Camera, Soft High-key, Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Rich-tone Monochrome, Miniature, Watercolor, Illustration
- Exposure Settings : AUTO (iAUTO, Superior Auto), Programmed AE (P), Aperture priority (A), Shutter-speed priority (S), Manual (M), Scene Selection, Sweep Panorama, Movie
- Scene Mode(s) : Portrait, Landscape, Macro, Sports Action, Sunset, Night Portrait, Night Scene, Hand-held Twilight, Anti Motion Blur
- Metering Modes : Multi-segment, Center-weighted, Spot
- Metering Sensitivity : EV 0 to 20 EV (at ISO100 equivalent, with F2.8 lens attached)
- Metering : Advanced 1200-zone evaluative metering
- ISO : Still images: ISO 100-25600 (ISO numbers up from ISO 50 can be set as expanded ISO range), AUTO (ISO 100-6400, selectable lower limit and upper limit) Movies: ISO 200-25600 equivalent, AUTO (ISO 200-6400 equivalent)
- Noise Reduction : Long exposure NR: On/Off, available at shutter speeds longer than 1 sec., High ISO NR: Normal / Low / Off selectable
- Creative Style : Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Clear, Deep, Light, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Autumn Leaves, Black & White, Sepia (Contrast -3 to +3 steps, Saturation -3 to +3 steps, Sharpness -3 to +3 steps)
- Color Temperature : 2500 – 9900K with 15-step each Magenta/Green compensation (G7 to M7), Amber/Blue (A7 to B7), Custom
- White Balance Mode : Auto WB / Daylight / Shade / Cloudy / Incandescent / Fluorescent (Warm White / Cool White / Day White / Daylight) / Flash / Color Temperature (2500 to 9900K) & Color Filter (G7 to M7: 15 steps, A7 to B7: 15 steps) / Custom / Underwater
- Exposure Bracketing : With 3 frames in 1/3 EV, 1/2 EV, 2/3 EV, 1.0 EV, 2.0 EV or 3.0 EV increments. With 5 frames in 1/3 EV, 1/2 EV or 2/3 EV increments
- Flash Bracketing : With optional external flash: 1/3, 1/2, 2/3, 1, 2, 3 EV steps, 3/5 frames (1.0/2.0/3.0 EV: only 3 frames) selectable
- Flash Metering System : With optional external flash: Pre-flash TTL
- Flash Compensation : With optional external flash: ±3.0 EV (switchable between 1/3 and 1/2 EV steps)
- Flash Modes : With optional external flash: Flash off, Auto flash, Fill-flash, Rear Sync., Slow Sync., Red-eye reduction (On/Off selectable), Hi-speed sync, Wireless
- Flash Coverage : With optional external flash: 16 mm (focal length printed on lens body)
- Flash Type : Optional external flash
- Focus Features : Lock-on AF, Eye AF, Predictive control, Focus lock, Eye-start AF (only available with optional LA-EA2 or LA-EA4 attached), AF illuminator (built-in, LED type, range: Approx. 0.30-3m, AF micro adjustment, AF ON
- Manual Focus Assist : 35mm full frame: 7.2x, 14.4x APS-C: 4.7x, 9.4x
- AF Illuminator : Yes (with built-in LED type)
- Focus Sensitivity : EV 0 to 20 EV (at ISO100 equivalent, with F2.8 lens attached)
- Focus Area : Multi Point (25 points) / Center-weighted / Flexible Spot (S/M/L) / Zone
- Focus Points : 117 points (phase-detection AF), 25 points (contrast-detection AF)
- AF Modes : Single-shot AF (AF-S), Continuous AF (AF-C), Direct Manual Focus (DMF), Manual Focus
- Focus System : Fast Hybrid AF (phase-detection AF / contrast-detection AF)
- Pixel Gross : 24.7 Megapixels (approx.)
- Color Filter System : RGB primary color filters
- Effective Picture Resolution : 24.3 Megapixels (approx.)
- Anti Dust : Charge protection coating on optical filter and ultrasonic vibration mechanism
- Imaging Sensor : Exmor CMOS sensor (35.8 x 23.9mm)
- Processor : BIONZ® X image processor
- NFC : Yes (NFC Forum Type 3 Tag compatible, One-touch remote, One-touch sharing)
- DC IN : Yes via optional AC-PW20AM (sold separately)
- Memory Card Slot : Memory Stick PRO Duo, Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo, Memory Stick XC-HG Duo, SD memory card, SDHC memory card (UHS-I compliant), SDXC memory card (UHS-I compliant)
- HD Output : HDMI® Type D micro connector
- Accessory Shoe : Yes, via Multi Interface Shoe
- A/V Remote Terminal : Yes, via Multi Terminal interface
- PictBridge Compatible : Yes
- Tripod Mount : Yes, 1/4" (20 thread count)
- Remote Commander : Yes, via optional RM-VPR1
- PhotoTV HD : Yes, with BRAVIA Sync enabled HDTV and HDMI® cable
- USB Port(s) : USB 2.0 Hi-speed (mass-storage, MTP)
- BRAVIA® Sync™ : Yes, via HDMI® with compatible BRAVIA HDTV (link menu)8
- Multi Interface Shoe : Yes
- Headphone Jack : Yes
- Microphone Input : Yes
- Wired : Yes, via optional RM-VPR1
- Peaking : Yes (Level setting: High / Mid / Low / Off, Color: White / Red / Yellow)
- Real-time image adjustment display : Yes (On / Off)
- LCD Type : 3.0” (7.5cm) TFT LCD (921,600 dots) with tiltable design
- Coverage : 100%
- Histogram : Yes (On / Off)
- Live View : Continuous Live View
- Brightness Control : Manual (5 steps between -2 to +2), Sunny Weather mode
- Grid Display : Graphic Display / Display All Info. / No Disp. Info. / Histogram / Digital Level Gauge / Shooting information for viewfinder mode
- Customization : Grid, Histogram display, Digital Level Gauge, Grid Line, Magnified display for playback
- Lens compensation : Peripheral Shading, Chromatic Aberration, Distortion
- Mount Material : Metal
- Direct Manual Focus : Yes
- Low Noise During Movie Capture : Excellent
- Minimum Focus Distance : 12" (1m)(W) - 18" (0.45m) (T)
- Lens Groups-Elements : 8 groups, 9 elements (4 aspheric surfaces)
- Lens Type : Sony E-mount Full Frame (SEL2870)
- Lens Weight : 10.5oz (295g)
- Dimensions (Max. Diameter x Length) : 2-7/8" x 3-3/8" (62 x 60mm)
- Aperture (Max.) : f/3.5 - 5.6
- Aperture (Min.) : f/22 - 36
- Maximum Magnification : 0.19x
- Smart Zoom® Technology : M: approx. 1.4x, S: approx. 2x
- Aspheric Elements : 4 aspheric surfaces
- Aperture Blade : 7 blades (Circular aperture)
- Digital Zoom : Yes, approx. 4x
- Lens Mount Type : Sony E-mount Full Frame
- EV Compensation : +/-5.0 EV (in 1/3 EV or 1/2 EV steps), with exposure compensation dial: +/-3.0 EV (in 1/3 EV step
- Filter Diameter : 55mm
- Lens Construction : Metal
- Focal Length (35mm equivalent) : 28mm-70mm (35mm equivalent)
- Exterior Finish : Black
- Angle of View : 54o - 23o
- Clock Function, Setting: Yes
- Area Setting : Yes
- Eye-Fi ready : Yes
- Shop Front Mode : Yes
- Help guide : Yes
- Battery Type : InfoLITHIUM® NP-FW50 (7.2V)
- Power Requirements : One rechargeable battery pack (NP-FW50)
- Number of Still Images : Approx. 340 images with LCD monitor (CIPA standard)
- Battery Capacity : 1080 mAh
- External power : Yes via optional AC-PW20AM (sold separately)
- Panorama Still Image Size : Horizontal Wide: 12,416 x 1,856 (23M) Horizontal Std.: 8,192 x 1,856 (15M) Vertical Wide: 2,160 x 5,536 (12M) Vertical Std.: 2,160 x 3,872 (8.4M)
- Video Resolution : AVCHD™: PS - 1920 x 1080/60p@28Mbps FX - 1920 x 1080/60i@24Mbps FH - 1920 x 1080/60i@17Mbps FX - 1920 x 1080/24p@24Mbps FH - 1920 x 1080/24p@17Mbps MP4: HD - 1440 x 1080/30p@12Mbps VGA - 640 x 480/30p@3Mbps
- Audio Format : Dolby Digital (AC-3) / MPEG-4 AAC-LC
- Video Mode : AVCHD format Ver. 2.0 compliant / MP4
- Color Space : Still: sRGB standard (with sYCC gamut) and Adobe RGB standard compatible with TRILUMINOS™ Color Movie: xvYCC standard (x.v.Color™ when connected via HDMI cable) compatible with TRILUMINOS™ color
- Still Image Size 16:9 : 35mm full frame: L: 6000 x 3376 (20M), M: 3936 x 2216 (8.7M), S: 3008 x 1688 (5.1M) APS-C: L: 3936 x 2216 (8.7M), M: 3008 x 1688 (5.1M), S: 1968 x 1112 (2.2M)
- Still Image Size 3:2 : 35mm full frame: L: 6000 x 4000 (24M), M: 3936 x 2624 (10M), S: 3008 x 2000 (6.0M) APS-C: L: 3936 x 2624 (10M), M: 3008 x 2000 (6.0M), S: 1968 x 1312 (2.6M)
- Still Image Mode : RAW, RAW & JPEG, JPEG Extra fine, JPEG Fine, JPEG Standard
- Media Type : Memory Stick PRO Duo, Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo, Memory Stick XC-HG Duo, SD memory card, SDHC memory card (UHS-I compliant), SDXC memory card (UHS-I compliant)
- Still Image Max Effective Resolution : 24.3 Megapixels
- Video Signal : NTSC color, EIA standards
- Microphone/Speaker : Built-in stereo microphone or ECM-CG50 / XLR-K1M (sold separately) / Built-in monaural speaker; volume settings in 8 steps between 0 and 7
- Still Image File Format : JPEG (DCF Ver. 2.0, Exif Ver.2.3, MPF Baseline compliant), RAW (Sony ARW 2.3 format)
- Display : Disp. Basic Info, Histogram
- Brightness Control : Auto / Manual (3 steps between -1 and +1)
- Type : 1/2-inch (1.30 cm) XGA OLED color electronic viewfinder
- Field of View : 100%
- Magnification : Approx. 0.71x with 50 mm lens at infinity, -1m-1 (diopter)
- Diopter Adjustment : -4.0 m-1 ~ +3.0m-1 (diopter)
- PlayMemories Camera Apps : Yes
- View on TV : Yes
- Send to Computer : Yes
- View on Smartphone : Yes
In The Box:
- SEL2870 lens
- Lens cap
- Rechargeable battery (NP-FW50)
- AC adaptor (AC-UB10)
- Shoulder strap
- Body cap
- Micro USB cable
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 1 Year Parts And Labor
- 1. Among interchangeable-lens cameras with an full frame sensor as of October 2013
- 2. Records in up to 29 minute segments.
- 3. 99 points when an APS-C lens compatible with Fast Hybrid AF is mounted.
- 7. Actual performance varies based on settings, environmental conditions, and usage. Battery capacity decreases over time and use.
- 8. Requires compatible BRAVIA® HDTV and cable sold separately.
- 9. Auto Focus function available with Sony E-Mount lenses and Sony A-mount SSM and SAM series lenses when using LA-EA2/EA4 lens adaptor.
- 11. Requires a valid Sony Entertainment Network account. Some apps require a fee.
- 11. Requires a valid Sony Entertainment Network account. Some apps require a fee.