Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Wireless AC Router, Model EA6900
- Wireless AC Technology
The Linksys EA6900 uses the next generation Wireless AC technology for powerful networking.
- Ultimate speed - up to 4.3x faster than wireless-N
With the Linksys EA6900 experience speeds approximately 4.3x faster than wireless N (N600 + AC1300).
- Dual band 2.4 + 5 GHz
Double the bandwidth to maximize wireless throughput.
- Beamforming technology
Focuses wireless signal from router to the client device for optimal performance.
- USB ports** - 1 x USB 3.0 - 1x USB 2.0
Add external storage or other devices to share across your network. USB 3.0 transfer rate is 10x faster than USB 2.0.
- DLNA Certified media server
Easily search for and play media (video, music, images) across your network.
- 4 gigabit ethernet ports
Gigabit (10/100/1000) are 10x faster than ethernet (10/100).
- Advanced security
Wireless WPA/WPA2 encryption and SPI firewall help keep your network safely connected.
- Guest access
Easily secure your network while providing guests with Wi-Fi access.
- Easy Setup
Simple installation, no CD required.
- Parental controls
Easily manage access to Internet by device with ability to create schedule and specific websites. Monitor at home or while away with SMART Wi-Fi using your computer browser or smarthphone.
- Linksys smart Wi-Fi
Enhanced wireless router web interface. Monitor and control your home network from anywhere using computer browser or smarthphone.
- Device priority quality of service (QOS)
Wi-Fi traffic prioritization for smooth HD video performance.
- Adjustable external antennas
Adjust antennas for optimal wireless Wi-Fi performance.
*Maximum Performance derived from IEEE Standard 802.11 specifications (draft specifications for 802.11ac). Actual performance can vary, including lower wireless network capacity, data throughput rate, range and coverage. Performance depends upon many factors, conditions and variables, including products used, interference and other adverse conditions. 802.11ac 1300 Mbps in the 5GHz Band is approximately 3 x faster than 802.11n 450 Mbps in the 2.4GHz Band. An 802.11ac adapter will be needed to achieve 11ac data rates and up to 1300 Mbps wireless speeds may be achieved when connecting to other 802.11ac 1300 Mbps devices.
**May require a software/firmware update available for download at linksys.com/support.
- Up to 4.3x faster than conventional wireless
Get superior performance and enjoy speeds up to 4.3x faster than wireless-N with the Linksys AC1900 Dual-Band Smart Wi-Fi Router. Using wireless-AC technology this router offers exceptional data streaming speeds of up to AC1900 Mbps (N600 + AC1300), making it ideal for large households, serioius gamers, and HD video enthusiasts. The router's gigabit Wi-Fi speeds allow for extremely quick downloads of large files. As you add Wi-Fi enabled devices, wireless-AC makes it possible for you to catch up on your favorite show on Netflix while family members simultaneously stream HD movies on another device, play online games, or browse the web without waiting for content to buffer.
- Beamforming creates stronger, faster connections
The Linksys AC1900 Smart Wi-Fi router features beamforming, an innovative technology that optimizes the wireless signal strength between your connected devices and router. Beamforming enables the router to identify and connect directly with other devices rather than simply sending out wireless signals in a general direction. This results in faster network speeds, better wireless range, and reduced interference from other devices. It also helps extend the battery life of connected devices and reduce their power consumption because data is transferred more quickly.
- Manage your home network remotely with Linksys Smart Wi-Fi
With Linksys Smart Wi-Fi you can access and control your home network from wherever you are using your smartphone, tablet or computer. For example, you can set parental controls to restrict Internet access during certain times of the day and create unique, secure Wi-Fi passwords for your guests. You can also monitor activity on your home network, add new devices, and check upload and download speeds. In addition, Linksys Smart Wi-Fi allows you to prioritize which devices on your network receive the most bandwidth to reduce lag times and buffering when you're streaming HD media or gaming. Your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi account also gives you access to apps that provide additional ways to control and interact with your home Wi-Fi network. Device Monitor allows you to monitor game consoles, tablet computers, and other devices, while NetProofer lets you restrict access to certain websites.
- Upgrade your devices to enjoy the full benefits of Wireless-AC
Using Linksys's family of wireless-AC peripherals you can take full advantage of the improved speed and stability of wireless-AC. The Linksys Universal Media Connector (WUMC710) lets you connect wired devices such as game consoles and smart TVs to you Wi-Fi network and stream HD or even 3D HD video content seamlessly. The connector operates on the 5GHz band, resulting in less interference and a clearer signal. Additionally, the Linksys Dual Band AC1200 Wireless 3.0 adapter (WUSB6300) enables you to upgrade your laptop or desktop computer to fully benefit from the faster speeds of wireless-AC technology to stream high-definition video or enjoy high-speed gaming.
- Model: Linksys EA6900
- Technology: Wireless-N & AC
- Bands: 2.4 & 5 GHz
- Transmit/Receive: 3x3
- Antennas: External antennas
- 4x gigabit LAN
- 1x gigabit WAN
- 1x USB 2.0
- 1x USB 3.0
- Power Switch: Power on and off switch
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup: Wi-Fi protected setup push button
- LEDS: Power, ethernet LAN, internet, WPS
- Software: Linksys Smart Wi-Fi: Setup guest access, Manage parent controls, Advanced network settings
- Setup: CD-Less setup
- OS Compatibility: Windows, Mac
- IEEE/802.11 a/b/g/n/draft ac
- Simultaneous Dual Band 2.4 and 5 GHz
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) Support
- IPv6 Support: Native IPv6 and 6rd support
Minimum System Requirements
- PC: Wi-Fi enabled PC with CD or DVD drive, running Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista SP1, Windows 7 or Windows 8
- Mac: Wi-Fi enabled Mac with CD or DVD drive, running OS X Leopard 10.5.8, Snow Leopard 10.6.1, Lion 10.7 or later
- Web Browser: Internet Explorer 8, Safari 5 (for Mac), Firefox 8, or Chrome configuration
- HD/3D Video Streaming: Requires a minimum of 100 Mbps transfer speed, actual performance may vary
What's In The Box:
- Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Router AC 1900, HD video pro
- CD-rom with documentation
- Ethernet cable
- Quick start guide
- Power adapter
- Height: 1.39"
- Width: 8.14"
- Depth: 5.85"
- Unit: 1 lbs
- Shipping: 2 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): One Year Parts and Labor