Klipsch 12" THX Ultra2 Certified Black Passive Subwoofer, Model KW120THX
The KW-120-THX is a compact, high-output, low-distortion passive subwoofer
suitable for use in any high-performance home-theater or music system. A pair
of KW-120-THXs driven by a KA-1000-THX amplifier meet all requirements for THX
Ultra2 certification. Although a single KW-120-THX does not satisfy the stringent
THX Ultra2 maximumoutput specification, which assumes a very large room, it
is more than adequate for a typical small or medium-sized room. Either configuration
is capable of intense, powerful deep-bass reproduction, with no loss of clarity
or detail at even the highest levels demanded by modern action-movie soundtracks.
The cabinet is front-ported to maximize installation flexibility. The KW-120-THX
is built around a castframe, long-throw driver with a 12-inch Cerametallic™
cone. Propelling it is a powerful motor structure with a huge, 240-ounce magnet.
This rugged, no-compromise driver is capable of staggering output without breakup
or distortion. Construction is to the highest standard, with a professional
grade rabbet and dado locked panel cabinet and premium components throughout
to ensure sonic purity, consistency, and reliability. Each subwoofer enclosure
has a NL2 SpeakOn™ input for correct, secure amplifier connections, and
each KW-120-THX is supplied with a 20-foot THX Ultra certified speaker cable
terminated with NL2 SpeakOn connectors.
- Very high output capability (130dB @ 30Hz)
- 12" Cerametallic cast-frame, long-throw driver with 240-ounce magnet
- Front-ported enclosure for maximum installation flexibility
- NL2 SpeakOn inputs for correct, secure amplifier connection
- Frequency Response: 20-200Hz ±3dB
- Max. Acoustic Output: 130dB @ 30Hz, 122dB @ 20Hz, 112dB @ 15Hz 1/8
space, 1M (2 enclosures side-by-side per THX Ultra2)
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- Enclosure Type: Bass-reflex via front-firing slot port
- Amplifier: Use only with KA-1000-THX
- Amplifier Power: See KA-1000-THX specifications
- Woofer: 12" (30.5cm) front firing, Cerametallic™ cone,
cast aluminum frame driver with a 240oz ceramic magnet structure
- Enclosure Material: Medium density fiberboard construction(MDF)
- Finish: Galaxy Black cabinet with Black anodized aluminum fascia
- Height: 20.25"
- Width: 17.75"
- Depth: 17.75"
- Unit: 80 lbs
- Shipping: 85 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): One Year Parts
- Extended Service Warranty Available: Click the warranty tab above