JL Audio M-Series 8.8-Inch Titanium Classic Marine Coaxial Speakers - M880CCXCGTB
M-Series 8.8-inch Marine Cockpit Coaxial System for Infinite-Baffle Use (125 W, 4 Ù) - Titanium Classic Grille
The same principle that makes our 7.7-inch marine speakers dominate over conventional 6.5-inch designs is delivered in a more powerful dose in our M880-CCX 8.8-inch coaxials.
These 8.8-inch diameter monsters offer significant performance advantages over our 7.7 inch models, and a huge advantage over conventional 6.5 inch marine coaxials. Thanks to 36% more cone area and almost double the excursion capability, the M880-CCX's are capable of +6 dB greater low frequency output than our M770-CCX 7.7-inch coaxial systems! The bass is so impressive that the M880-CCX can be used without a subwoofer while still packing a very serious low-frequency punch. Used with a subwoofer, they offer vastly better dynamics and mid-bass impact than smaller speakers, making them the best choice when ultimate performance is desired.
To make sure that the high-frequencies sound just as good as the bass, our engineers have designed an oversized (1.20-inch), silk dome tweeter for this model. This new tweeter plays louder, cleaner and extends lower in frequency to better mate with the 8.8-inch woofer. A high-quality, true 2-way crossover network precisely filters and balances the coaxial system for outstanding fidelity.
Although M880-CCX Coaxial Systems can be used with as little as 50 W per channel, for best audio performance we recommend amplifiers capable of between 125-250 W of continuous power per channel.
- Materials Used:
- injection-molded mica-filled polypropylene cone bodies with synthetic rubber surrounds, specifically formulated with UV inhibitors for marine duty.
- Marine-grade, synthetic fiber spiders with progressive roll designs to withstand high humidity.
- Specifically engineered polymer baskets are corrosion and UV-resistant and encapsulate the woofer's motor system to prevent corrosion.
- Gold-plated, marine-grade brass connection terminals
- Marine-grade stainless steel mounting hardware is included.
- Precision Built in U.S.A
Sold as a pair.
- Continuous Power Handling (RMS): 125 W
- Peak Music Power: 250 W
- Recommended RMS Amplifier Power (per Ch.): 40-175W
- System Efficiency: 90.5 dB @ 1 W / 1 m
- System Nominal Impedance: 4 Ohms
- System Frequency Response: 38 Hz - 20 KHz ± 3 dB
- Mounting Hole Diameter: 7.38"
- Mounting Depth: 5.18"
- Frontal Grille Protrusion: 1.45"
- Motor Overmold Outer Diameter: 5.5"
- Frame Outer Diameter: 8.80"
- Bolt Hole Circle Diameter: 7.97"
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): Two Year Limited Parts And Labor