Bowers & Wilkins 805 Maserati Limited Edition Bookshelf Speakers- 805MASERATI (Sold As Pair)
Bowers & Wilkins meets Maserati in this special edition model. Designed to
reflect an opulent yet understated Maserati car interior, it features luxury
black leather, birdseye real wood veneer and Maserati’s Trident on the integrated
The 805 Maserati Edition features a tweeter of pure synthetic diamond. We go
to such lengths because diamond’s combination of lightness and extreme rigidity
means no material is better suited to reproducing high-frequency signals.
Diamond dome tweeters have long been considered an exclusive luxury in the
world of audio – a refinement to be reserved only for the most expensive, studio-sized
loudspeakers. No longer. The 805 Diamond is nothing less than a revolution in
speaker design: the first speaker of its size and at this price point to come
with a diamond tweeter. Because studio-quality sound shouldn’t just be for studios.
The 805 Maserati Edition is crafted from materials that reflect the partnership:
the exquisite birdseye real wood veneer and black Maserati leather reflect the
luxurious interior of the brand’s cars, and the speaker stand that forms an
integral part of the 805 Maserati Edition is finished with the same polished
wood veneer and features the Maserati Trident. The Trident has been part of
the Maserati identity since 1926, and was designed by Mario Maserati based upon
the statue of Neptune in the fountain of Bologna’s Piazza Maggiore.
- Woven Kevlar
- Crossover Tuning
- Nautilus Tapering Tube
- Tweeter on Top
- Diamond Tweeters
- Quad Magnet Tweeter
- Sold as a pair
- Description 2-way vented-box system
- Drive units 1x ø25mm (1 in) diamond dome high-frequency 1x ø165mm
(6.5 in) woven Kevlar® cone bass / midrange
- Frequency range -6dB at 42Hz and 33kHz
- Frequency response 49Hz - 28kHz ±3dB on reference axis
- Dispersion Within 2dB of reference response
- Horizontal: over 60º arc
- Vertical: over 10º arc
- Sensitivity 88dB spl (2.83V, 1m)
- Harmonic distortion 2nd and 3rd harmonics (90dB, 1m) <1% 100Hz -
22kHz <0.5% 150Hz - 20kHz
- Nominal impedance 8? (minimum 4.7?)
- Crossover frequency 4kHz
- Recommended amplifier power 50W - 120W into 8? on unclipped programme
- Max. recommended cable impedance 0.1?
- Cabinet: Bird’s Eye real wood veneer Black leather
- Grille: Black cloth
- Depth: 13.8"
- Height: 16.5"
- Width: 9.4"
- Unit: 26 lbs
- Shipping: 30 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 1 Year Parts