Sony Digital Media Receiver With USB Aux Input - DSXA40UI
Enjoy AM/FM playback and simple digital audio connectivity with front panel
inputs. Leave the CDs at home and plug in your iPod®3, iPhone®3 or USB devices2.
Use the convenient front USB connection to charge your devices or simply plug
in virtually any portable audio device with headphone outputs using the 1/8”
front aux input.
- Versatile front USB 1-wire input2 Connect and charge your Walkman®,
iPod®3, iPhone®3, Android™6, Blackberry®6, or other compatible USB device2
while accessing your digital music files via the front USB input. You can
also view metadata like song title and artist on the front display.
- Convenient front panel design The easy-to-read single line LCD display
shows source information, clock, station ID and track data when playing back
digital files from the external USB devices. Front auxiliary input lets you
connect almost any portable audio device to your car's sound system.
- Powerful in-dash amplification The redesigned, internal Dynamic Reality
Amp circuitry boasts 47% lower internal resistance compared to conventional
receivers, delivering 55 watts x 4 to your interior speakers. This allows
you to crank up the volume while maintaining low distortion, low noise levels
and smooth frequency response. Your music isn’t just louder, its clearer too.
- Adjust the mix with EQ3 Customize the sound using the built-in EQ3,
3-band, graphic equalizer. Adjust the mix at 60 Hz, 1000 Hz and 10,000 Hz
in 1 dB steps from -10 dB to +10 dB for a dynamic sound experience.
- Intuitive music search features Use Quick-BrowZer® to find music
by artist, album, genre, song or playlist. Jump Mode allows you to fast forward
through a category in 10% increments to help you find a specific song.
- Passenger Control for iPod®3 Let your passengers play DJ and control
your iPod®3 directly from the device while it’s still connected to the receiver.
Simply hold the MODE button during playback to enter and exit Passenger Control
- RCA output for system expansion When you’re ready to expand your
system, the DSX-A40UI offers a 2 volt, rear pre-amp RCA outputs for external
- The immaculate reception The Digital Clarity Tuner delivers industry
leading signal to noise ratios, lower interference, better multipath rejection
and better stereo separation. The RDS feature displays broadcast information
when listening to compatible AM/FM stations.
- Convenient wireless remote included Control your receiver with the
included wireless card remote (RM-X211).
- Steering wheel control ready input4 This receiver is compatible with
aftermarket remote control adapters4 designed to utilize the vehicles existing,
primary radio controls directly from the steering wheel. The 1/8” rear panel
mounted remote input jack allows for simple connectivity.
- Max power output 55 watts x 4 at 4 ohms
- Power Ad Hoc CEA2006 Standard Power: 17 Watts RMS per channel into 4 Ohms,
4 channels driven from 20 Hz to 20 kHz with less than 1% THD+N.
- Speaker Impedance 4-8 Ohms
AMP & General Feature
- Aux-In Front
- EQ EQ3: 3 band equalizer with +/- 10 dB adjustment at 60 Hz, 1 kHz and 10
- High Voltage Pre Out 2 Volt
- Loudness Dynamic
- Output Power (4ohm, 1kHz,16V)(W) 55 watts x 4 (1)
- Pre Out Rear
- USB Front
- Band AM / FM
- Equalizer EQ3: 3 band equalizer with +/- 10 dB adjustment at 60 Hz, 1 kHz
and 10 kHz.
- Format(s) Supported MP3/WMA files1
- Preout Impedance 220 ohms
- Preout Voltage 2 volt
- S/N Ratio Audio Power: CEA2006 S/N 80 dBA
- Station Preset(s) 18 FM / 12 AM
- Tuner Frequency Range FM (MHz): 87.5-107.9 AM (kHz): 530-1710
- Tuner Type Digital clarity tuner with RDS
AUX in Feature
- Level Adjustment -8dB - +18dB
- Tilt Range 0-45° mounting angle
- Dimmer Adjust Manual on/off
- Key Illumination Red
- On-Screen Clock 12H
- Display Color Black color / Negative
- Display Technology LCD
- Text Displayed Source, artist, track, playback time, menu and clock
- Text Lines 1 line of information
- Auto off mode
- Dimmer Adjust Manual
- Key Illumination Initial Red
- Display color (Color Variation/Nega or Posi) Black color/Negative
- Display Device (LCD/FL/OEL/TFT) LCD
- Key Illumination Red
- Panel finish color Black
USB Mass Strage Device Control Feature
- CODEC (for USB) MP3, WMA
- Jump Mode
- List Browsing (Folders/Files)
- Pause OFF/ TRACK/ ALBUM
- Resume Play OFF/ALBUM/DEVICE
- CEA2006 output power 17
- CEA2006 S/N 80
- Dimensions (WxHxD) (mm) 178x50x120
- Maximum output power (4ohm, 1kHz, 16V)(W) 55
- Mounting dimensions (WxHxD)(mm) 182x53x103
- Preout impedance (ohms) 220
- Preout output level (V) 2
- Weight (kg) 0.7
Inputs and Outputs
- 12V Trigger Output(s) Power remote on
- Antenna Terminal(s) AM/FM Antenna Input Terminal
- Audio In Front Aux in with variable level Front USB input
- Digital Audio Input(s) Ability to use all forms of USB devices may vary
as not all devices are compatible. This unit is compliant with MSC (Mass Storage
Class) and MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) type USB devices compliant with the
USB standard. This unit cannot recognize USB devices via a USB hub.
- Infrared Port This unit can be connected to the following iPods. Update
your iPod to the latest software before you use it.
- RCA Audio Output(s) iPod Nano 1st - 7th generation iPod Touch 1st - 5th
generation iPod Classic iPod with video iPhone iPhone 3G iPhone 3GS iPhone
4 iPhone 4S iPhone 5 If you have any questions or problems concerning your
unit that are not covered in the owners manual, consult your nearest Sony
- Remote Jack Wireless remote Front RCA pre-amp outputs Optional wired remote
- USB Port(s)
iPod Control Feature
- Accessory Information
- CODEC (for iPod) Depend on iPod® content
- List Browsing (Folders / Files) Quick-BrowZer®
- Passenger Control
- Pause All / Track
- Resume Play Off / Track
Instruction Manual Language
- Card Remote: Option RM-X211 included
- Clock 12H
- Rotary commander:Option
- Security Partial detachable face
- FM Usable Sensitivity 8 dBf
- Frequency Response FM: 20-15,000 Hz
- S/N Ratio 80 dB (stereo)
- Selectivity 75 dB at 400 kHz
- Stereo Separation 50 dB at 1 KHz
- FM: Channel separation (dB) 50 dB at 1 kHz
- FM: Frequency response (Hz) 20 - 15k
- FM: Intermediate frequency (MHz) 25KHz
- FM: S/N ratio (mono) (dB) 80 dB stereo
- FM: Selectivity (400 kHz) (dB) 75 dB
- FM: Tuning range (MHz) 87.5-107.9 8 dBf
- FM: Usable sensitivity (75 ohm) (dBf) 530-1710
- MW: Tuning range(kHz) 26/-/-
- MW/LW/SW: Sensitivity (75 ohm)
- Preset FM18/AM12
- RDS/EON (NA Only:RBDS,Others:RDS) RBDS
- Parts for installation and connections (1 set) RM-X211 wireless remote
- USB connection cable for iPod®: RC-100IP
- Unit: 1 lbs
- Shipping: 4 lbs
- Depth: 4.875"
- Height: 2"
- Width: 7.125"
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 1 Year Parts