Garmin Black Approach G8 Golf GPS Navigation System, Model APPROACHG8
The sleek, lightweight and durable Approach G8, with a 3” multi-touch color display, is our most feature-packed handheld. G8 starts with precise distances for more than 30,000 international courses, with free Wi-Fi® course updates for life, then adds: PlaysLike Distances, Smart Notification messaging, PinPointer blind shot assistance, a rechargeable 15 hour battery, and the online share-and-compare golf community within Garmin Connect™. Despite its slim profile, the Approach G8 debuts a substantial range of features to help you take on any course. PlaysLike Distance gives golfers distances to the target, adjusted for uphill or downhill shots.
More Scorcard Options
- Approach G8 doubles as a digital scorecard for your foursome with scoring options for Stroke Play, Stableford, Skins and Match Play with adjustable handicaps.
- Colorful layup arcs at 100, 150, 200 and even 250 yards let you know exactly how far you need to hit when laying up. Touch Targeting lets you touch any point on the sunlight-readable display, and it shows the precise distance to that exact spot — fairway, hazard, landing area, or the front, middle and back of the green.
Get on the Green
- Zero in on the pin with Green View. Just tap the flag on the map to zoom in on the green — then you can drag the flag to position it where you see it, giving you more accurate yardage.
Garmin Connect Golf Community
- Garmin Connect includes an online golf community that lets you play, then share and compare. Download your round and contrast it to your last round, track improvements to your handicap for every course you play. The Garmin Connect golf community can even assemble your ideal round, combining your best score for each hole to get your ideal 18 for that course.
- Gives golfers distances to the target, adjusted for uphill or downhill shots.
- Receive emails, texts and alerts right on your handheld. G8 receives the wireless signal from your iPhone® 4s or later, let’s you know you have a message, and displays the full text on its own screen whenever you’re ready to read it.
- Tells you the direction to the pin, even if you’re so deep in the rough you can’t see the flag.
- Keep track of strokes for up to 4 players. Manage or review totals or an individual’s score throughout the round, or access a printable version on your computer after the match. Scoring options include Stroke Play, Stableford, Skins and Match Play with adjustable handicaps.
Maps with Layup Arcs
- Large, bright, high-contrast graphics and numbering improve G8’s readability. Layup arcs drawn on the map offer at-a-glance references to 100, 150, 200 and 250 yards for layup decisions.
Track Your Stats
- The enhanced stat tracking feature keeps track of fairways hit, greens in regulation and putts per round. Not only can you check your stats during the round, but you also can download and print them from your computer.
- Approach G8 remembers how far you hit each club then gives recommendations on which to use based on distance. Plus, you can customize the names of your clubs, from your “Driveopotamus” driver to your “Billy, Billy, Billy” putter.
- Select, label and save the distance to a particular point on the course. Mark your current GPS position, or use the touch targeting feature to select the point you’d like to save.
Physical & Performance
- Display Resolution, WxH: 240 x 400 pixels
- Display type: transflective color TFT touchscreen
- Battery: internal rechargeable lithium polymer
- Battery life: up to 15 hours
- Waterproof: Yes (IPX7)
- GPS-enabled: Yes
- High-sensitivity receiver: Yes
- Interface: USB
Maps & Memory
- Preloaded course maps: Yes (over 30,000)
Features & Benefits
- Touchscreen: Yes
- Touch-targeting (touch target on display to see the distance to any point): Yes
- Manual pin positioning (tap and drag flag on green for precise yardage): Yes
- Course preview (see detailed, hole-by-hole preview): Yes
- Tracks stats (putts per round, greens & fairways hit, average distance): Yes
- Digital scorecard: Yes (score up to four players with optional adjustable handicaps; scoring options include Stroke Play, Stableford, Skins and Match Play)
- Computer scorecard review (save and review scores on computer): Yes (on Device or Computer)
- PlaysLike distance: Yes
- Club Suggestion: Yes
- Big numbers mode: Yes
- PinPointer: Yes
In The Box:
- Approach G8
- USB cable
- AC adapter
- Carabiner clip
- Height: 4.4"
- Width: 2.1"
- Depth: 0.6"
- Unit: 3.97 oz
- Shipping: 2 lbs