JL Audio Black 10" Marine Subwoofer Driver, Model M10IB5CGTB
M-Series 10-inch Marine Subwoofer Driver for Infinite-Baffle Use (250 W, 4
O) - Titanium Classic Grille
With appropriate system setup, the addition of a subwoofer allows your smaller
main speakers to be free of the burden of reproducing low frequencies. This
allows your whole system to play louder and to sound cleaner at all listening
Purpose-engineered and built for real marine duty, the M-Series infinite-baffle
woofers are designed to operate without a dedicated enclosure. Long excursion
capability and rugged suspension systems help produce deep, powerful bass response
that will transform your boat's audio system.
The M10IB5 is best used with amplifier power in the 75W - 250W range and is
optimized to operate with a large volume of air behind it (at least 4 cu. ft.
/ 113 l). If you need a subwoofer driver that operates in a small sealed enclosure,
select our M10W5, instead.
Like all JL Audio marine speakers, this driver is built to withstand a real
saltwater marine environment and deliver years of listening enjoyment.
- Dynamic Motor Analysis - DMA Optimized Motor
JL Audio's proprietary Dynamic Motor Analysis system is a powerful suite of
FEA-based modeling systems, first developed by JL Audio in 1997 and refined
over the years to scientifically address the issue of speaker motor linearity.
This leads to vastly reduced distortion and faithfully reproduced transients...
or put simply: tight, clean, articulate bass.
- Marine Materials / Testing Summary
The design of marine products requires extensive materials testing to achieve
reliability and longevity.
- Precision Built in U.S.A. Summary
JL Audio's Miramar, Florida loudspeaker production facility is one of the
most advanced in the world.
- Material Used
- Injection-molded mica-filled polypropylene cone bodies with synthetic
rubber surrounds, specifically formulated with UV inhibitors for marine
- Marine-grade, synthetic fiber spiders with progressive roll designs
to withstand high humidity.
- Specifically engineered polymer baskets are corrosion and UV-resistant
and encapsulate the woofer's motor system to prevent corrosion.
- Gold-plated, marine-grade brass connection terminals
- Marine-grade stainless steel mounting hardware is included.
- Continuous Power Handling (RMS): 250 W
- Nominal Impedance (Znom): 4
- Driver Displacement: 0.064 cu ft
- Free Air Resonance (Fs): 46.0 Hz
- Electrical Q (Qes): 0.86
- Mechanical Q (Qms): 10.69
- Total Speaker Q (Qts): 0.796
- Equivalent Compliance (Vas): 0.91 cu ft
- One-Way Linear Excursion (Xmax)* : 0.52 in
- Reference Efficiency (no): 0.28%
- Efficiency (1 W / 1 m)** : 86.7 dB SPL
- Effective Piston Area (Sd): 50.11 sq in
- DC Resistance (Re): 4.17
- * Xmax specifications are derived via one-way voice coil overhang method
with no correction factors applied.
- ** Efficiency (1 W / 1 m) is not an accurate indicator of a subwoofer’s
output capability and should not be used as a comparison to other subwoofers
to determine which one is “louder”.
- Minimum Sealed Enclosure Volume: 1.25 cu ft
- Optimum Sealed Enclosure Volume: 2.0 cu ft
- Infinite Baffle Use: Yes
- Nominal Diameter: 10.0"
- Overall Diameter: 10.75"
- Mounting Hole Diameter: 8.875"
- Bolt Hole Circle: 9.706"
- Motor Overmold Outer Diameter: 6.11"
- Mounting Depth: 5.93"
- Unit: 11.4 lbs
- Shipping: 15 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 2 Years Parts