Sony Black 9.1ch Wireless Surround Sound Headphones - MDRHW700DS
- Virtual Digital Surround Sound
Sony’s exclusive Virtual Phones Technology (VPT) gives movies cinematic realism with an immersive 9.1 ch surround sound experience. Building upon traditional 5.1 ch, the VPT circuitry adds two additional rear channels and two front-high channels for added vertical depth of sound effects to deliver a more realistic surround sound experience.
- HDMI®2 for audio quality & set up
Get superior sound quality with 4K pass-through using the 3 HDMI® inputs2 for connecting HD devices like a cable box, Blu-ray® player or gaming console. The audio processor supports most HD formats with 192 kHz/24-bit uncompressed audio files including Dolby® TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio.
- Auto-tuning dual band transmission
Real-time automatic tuning selects between 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz channels without sound interruption to prevent signal degradation. This ensures you’re getting high quality, uncompressed wireless audio transmission without any outside interference.
- Large drivers deliver the impact
The large 50 mm driver units and around the ear design deliver rich, deep bass response and audio clarity for a superior home entertainment experience.
- Selectable sound field modes
The MDR-HW700DS offers three user selectable sound fields modes. Cinema ensures an authentic theater like experience thanks to collaborations with Sony Pictures Entertainment. The multi-channel Game mode enhances the sense of direction for superior gaming experiences. Select 2-channel Voice mode for clearer voices during news or talking programs.
- Long battery life
The built-in, rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery provides up to 12 hours of continuous playback on a full charge.1 A quick 30 minute charge using the included micro-USB cable provides up to 2 hours of use while full charging capacity takes approximately 3 hours.1
- Compact signal processor
The MDR-HW700DS includes a compact transmitter with source and signal indicators and offers a variety of inputs for your convenience. Choose between 3 HDMI® inputs, traditional RCA inputs for analog signals or optical input for legacy equipment.
- Designed for comfort
The MDR-HW700DS wireless headphones not only sound incredible but they are also extremely comfortable and stylish thanks to their light-weight, adjustable padded headband design and memory foam ear-cups
- Effective Range: Approximately 98 feet (30 m) maximum¹
- Transmitter: 2.4GHz: 2,412 MHz/2,438 MHz/2,464 MHz 5.2GHz: 5,180 MHz/5,210 MHz/5,240 MHz 5.8GHz: 5,736 MHz/5,762 MHz/5,814 MHz
- Driver Unit: 50 mm Dome type Closed/Dynamic
- Volume Control: Yes (Rotary)
- Audio Modes: Cinema, Game, Voice and Off
- Frequency Response: 5 - 25,000 Hz
- Audio Format(s) Supported: Compatible with Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital, Dolby Pro Logic IIz, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio, DTS Express, DTS Digital Surround, DTS-ES, DTS 96/24, DTS, DTS Neo:X and Linear PCM.
- Color: Black / Silver
- Type of Use: Home: Wireless Surround Sound
- Design: Headband: Around the ear (Circum-aural)
- Power On/Off: ON/OFF switch on ear-cup
- Magnet: Neodymium
- Headband: Padded, Adjustable w/Swivel Ear-cups
- Headphone Type: Closed, Dynamic
- Communication: Wireless Digital Dual-band: 2.4/5 GHz Radio Frequency
Inputs and Outputs
- Audio In: HDMI (x3), Optical Digital Input (x1), Analog Stereo Input RCA (x1)
- Power Requirements: Rechargeable, built-in Lithium-Ion battery (supplied)
- Battery Type: Built-in Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery
- Battery Life (Approx): Approximately 12 hours1
- Input Power: DC Power Adaptor (12V)
- Battery Indicator: Power-on LED indicator
- Battery Charging (Approx): Approximately 3 hours
- Sound Enhancer: Off, Voice (stereo), Game, Cinema, Compression (Off/On)
- Tuning: Auto Tuning on headphones
- Cord Length (Micro-USB): 59"
- Optical Input Cable: 59"
- Transmitter: 8.75 x 1.31 x 6.25 in
- Headphones: 11.3 oz
- Including supplied battery Processor: 15.2 oz.
- Shipping: 4 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): One Year Parts
- Extended Service Warranty Available: Click the warranty tab above