Bowers & Wilkins 600 Series Black Ash 2-Way Floorstanding Speaker, Model 684S2 (Sold As Each)
Room-filling sound without a room-filling speaker cabinet. Slimmer than ever before, the 684 S2 offers an amazing combination of floorstander power, audio performance and unbeatable value.
Switching to 5-inch bass/midrange drivers from the previous 6.5-inch cones, means the 684 S2 is now significantly slimmer than its predecessor, with simultaneously improved audio performance, thanks to Bowers & Wilkins innovation. The two Kevlar cone drivers benefit from smaller voice coils to increase sensitivity.
The 5-inch drivers now also feature Anti-Resonance Plug dustcaps, technology taken from our high-end PM1 speakers, that improve pistonic movement inside the voice coil. This helps to deliver amazingly distortion-free midrange performance, all in a smaller space.
As well as slimmer, improved driver performance, the 684 S2 also features a Decoupled Double Dome tweeter. Double dome technology, brought across from the CM10, increases tweeter rigidity for a more precise sound, while the tweeter sits in a gel-filled cavity, decoupled from the surrounding cabinet - which removes resonances and vibrations, for a more natural, spacious sound.
- Woven Kevlar: Yes
- Crossover Tuning: Yes
- Nautilius Tapering Tube: Yes
- Flowport: Yes
- Technical Features
- Decoupled Double Dome aluminium tweeter with Nautilus™ tube loading
- Kevlar® brand fibre cone bass/midrange drivers
- Description: 2-way vented-box system
- Drive Units
- 1 x ø25mm (1 in) aluminium dome high-frequency
- 2x ø130mm (5 in) woven Kevlar® cone bass/midrange
- Frequency Range: -6dB at 30Hz and 50kHz
- Frequency Response: 72Hz - 22kHz ±3dB on reference axis
- Within 2dB of reference response
- Horizontal: over 60º arc
- Vertical: over 10º arc
- Sensitivity: 87dB spl (2.83V, 1m)
- Harmonic Distortion
- 2nd and 3rd harmonics (90dB, 1m)
- <1% 140Hz - 22kHz
- <0.5% 180Hz - 20kHz
- Nominal Impedance: 8Ω (minimum 4.0Ω)
- Crossover Frequencies: 4kHz
- Recommended amplifer: 25W - 150W into 8Ω on unclipped programme
- Max. recommended cable impedance: 0.1Ω
- Finish: Black Ash
- Height: 36.2"
- Width: 6.3"
- Depth: 9.2"
- Unit: 31.2 lb
- Shipping: 33 lbs