Bowers & Wilkins CT Series 12" Black Subwoofer, Model CTSW12 (Sold As Each)
The CTSW12 is a passive subwoofer featuring a 12-inch paper drive unit. It is designed to be used with both the CT800 and CT700 ranges. All CT SW subwoofers have a closed-box design that makes them easy to install in cabinetry.
It might seem strange to many listeners that a material like paper could have much to do with a product as solid and powerful as a Custom Theatre subwoofer. Nevertheless, paper plays a vital part in what they're hearing.
In our CT SW10, CT SW12 and CT SW15 subs, the bass driver diaphragms are constructed from a finely-tuned mix of paper pulp, Kevlar fibers and resin, which provides the stiffness needed to withstand the tremendous physical forces exerted by the pressures inside the cabinet.
- Technical Features
- Long throw Paper/Kevlar® cone bass driver
- Magnetically attached grille
- Description Closed-box subwoofer system with external rackmount amplifier
- Drive Units ø300mm (12 in) paper/Kevlar® cone long-throw
- Frequency Range -6dB at 17Hz and 25/140Hz adjustable (EQ at A)
- Frequency Response ±3dB 24Hz - 40/140Hz adjustable (EQ at A)
- Bass Extension
- -6dB at 17Hz (position A)
- -6dB at 22Hz (position B)
- -6dB at 26Hz (position C)
- Power Handling 1000W
- Cabinet Black painted
- Grille Black cloth
- Height: 18.3"
- Width: 15.6"
- Depth: 10.3"
- Depth with Grille: 11.4"
- Unit: 55.1 lbs
- Shipping: 63 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer)
- Five year limited warranty for passive loudspeakers