Canon PowerShot ELPH 150 IS 20.0 Megapixel Black Digital Camera - ELPH150ISBK
Some events are just too important to trust to the image quality of a smartphone camera. For those times, slip the ultra-slim, brilliantly stylish PowerShot ELPH 150 IS camera in your pocket. With the 10x Optical Zoom, you can reach right into the action to frame a shot just the way you want it, without blur or loss of resolution. The camera's 20.0 Megapixel sensor captures even the smallest details with superb clarity, naturally vivid color and beautiful luminosity. When you enlarge and print frame-worthy moments from weddings, important celebrations, vacations and more, the result is truly impressive: images that not only preserve your memories, but render them with all the lifelike, emotive nuance of great photography. For all its sophisticated imaging capabilities, the PowerShot ELPH 150 IS camera is extremely easy to use. Smart AUTO ensures you'll always get the best shot by automatically selecting the perfect camera settings for 32 shooting situations, so you can focus on capturing the moment. And Intelligent IS keeps photos and videos clear and steady, controlling camera shake even at the long end of the zoom.
10x Optical Zoom
The PowerShot ELPH 150 IS features a 10x Optical Zoom so spectacular shots are within your reach. You'll love the flexibility it gives you when shooting with an amazing range of 24-240mm (35mm equivalent) in a slim, stylish compact camera. Plus, the Wide-Angle lens captures expansive image in every shot, adding depth, perspective and grandeur. Landscapes, city scenes, family shots and more benefit from the extra width. Whether you're shooting wide group shots or zooming to the telephoto end, your images are assured to be bright and clear.
20.0 Megapixel sensor
Preserve all those special moments from weddings to vacations in stunning quality with the PowerShot ELPH 150 IS. The camera is equipped with a newly developed 20.0 Megapixel sensor to ensure that images are incredibly clear and beautifully detailed. The high level of resolution gives you the flexibility to be more creative with your shots: crop and enlarge any part of an image - you can be confident that the detail and resolution you need are there, even when you want to print and frame your photos.
DIGIC 4+ Image Processor
The PowerShot ELPH 150 IS camera's DIGIC 4+ Image Processor features accelerated processing speed to create fast, responsive performance, giving you a shooting experience that's easy and natural. The DIGIC 4+ Image Processor also enhances image quality in several ways. Processing of high ISO shots has been shortened by 60% compared to the DIGIC 4 Image Processor. This significantly reduces noise for brilliant color, smooth gradations, and beautiful detail even in low light. The processor also allows for the integration of electronic Dynamic IS. This advanced system compensates for multiple motion types, effectively preventing angular blur, shift blur, and blur caused by parallel movement and tilt shift. The result is images that are reliably sharp and clear at all lengths of the camera's powerful 10x zoom. The processor's highly efficient design also extends battery life.
720p HD video
Using the slim PowerShot ELPH 150 IS, you can shoot high definition video anytime, anywhere. With a simple push of the dedicated movie button, you'll be able to instantly record every moment in motion. 720p HD video is smooth, vivid, and beautifully lifelike, making it an ideal way to capture special memories.
Getting that great shot is as simple as pressing the shutter button on the PowerShot ELPH 150 IS camera with Smart AUTO, which automatically detects scenes by assessing various factors in both the background and the subject. On the PowerShot ELPH 150 IS, detected scenes are analyzed using 32 predefined shooting situations. The camera then makes optimal settings to ensure the best possible image capture, whether you're shooting stills or video. Smart AUTO also includes Advanced Subject Detection, which allows the camera to detect and track non-human moving subjects like animals and vehicles. With Smart AUTO, all you have to do is frame your shot and capture away.
It's easy to capture clear images with the PowerShot ELPH 150 IS, even in low light without using a tripod. That's because the camera is equipped with Canon's innovative Intelligent IS. The system automatically analyzes camera movement and applies the best shake correction method for the shooting situation - allowing you to focus on framing and capturing your shot. For stills, the system selects from Normal IS, Panning IS, Macro (Hybrid) IS and Tripod modes. When shooting video, the system selects from Dynamic IS, Powered IS, Macro (Hybrid) IS and active Tripod IS modes. New icons clearly mark the image stabilization mode, whether you're shooting still images or video.
Compact digital still camera with built-in flash, 10x Optical, 4x Digital and 40x Combined Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer
Image Capture Device
- Type: 20.0 Megapixel, 1/2.3-inch CCD
- Total Pixels: Approx. 20.5 Megapixels
- Effective Pixels: Approx. 20.0 Megapixels
- Focal Length: 4.3 (W) - 43.0 (T) mm (35mm film equivalent: 24-240mm)
- Optical Zoom: 10x
- Digital Zoom: 4x
- Focusing Range
- Auto: 0.4 in. (1 cm) - infinity (W, 3.3 ft. (1 m) - infinity (T);
- Normal: 2.0 in. (5 cm) - infinity (W), 3.3 ft. (1 m) - infinity (T)
- Macro: 0.4 in. - 1.6 ft. (1-50 cm) (W)
- Infinity: 9.8 ft. (3 m) - infinity (W,T)
- Autofocus System: TTL Autofocus
- Optical Viewfinder: Not Available
- LCD Monitor: 2.7-inch TFT Color LCD with wide viewing angle
- LCD Pixels: Approx. 230,000 dots
- LCD Coverage: Approx. 100%
Aperture and Shutter
- Maximum Aperture: f/3.0 (W), f/6.9 (T)
- Shutter Speed:
- 1-1/2000 sec.
- 15-1 sec. (Shooting long exposures)
- Sensitivity: Auto, ISO 100-1600
- Light Metering Method
- Evaluative*, Center-weighted average, Spot**
- * Facial brightness is evaluated in Face Detection AF
- ** Metering frame is fixed to the center
- Exposure Control Method: Manual Exposure, Program Shift, Safety Shift, AE Lock
- Exposure Compensation
- Still Images: ±2 stops in 1/3-stop increments
- Videos: ±2 stops in 1/3-stop increments (not available during shooting)
- White Balance Control
- Auto*, Daylight, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Fluorescent H, Custom
- * Camera automatically sets the optimal ISO speed according to shooting mode.
- Built-in Flash
- Auto, Flash On, Slow Synchro, Flash Off
- Facial brightness is also evaluated in Face Detect.
- Flash Range
- 1.6 ft. - 13 ft. (W), 3.3 - 6.6 ft. (T) (50cm - 4.0m (W), (1.0m - 2.0m (T))
- Image brightness may diminish depending on the shooting distance
- Recycling Time: 10 sec. or less (battery voltage: 3.7 V)
- Flash Exposure Compensation: Not available
- Shooting Modes:
- Auto, P, Live View Control, Portrait, Face Self-timer, Low Light, Fisheye Effect, Miniature Effect, Toy Camera Effect, Monochrome, Super Vivid, Poster Effect, Snow, Fireworks, Long Shutter
- Shooting movies is possible with the movie button
- Photo Effects: Not available
- Self Timer
- Approx. 10-sec. delay/approx. 2-sec. delay/custom*
- * Delay time (0-15 sec. (in one-second increments), 20/25/30 sec.) and number of shots (1-10 shots (in one-shot increments)) can be specified.
- Wireless Control: Not available
- Continuous Shooting
- Normal: Approx. 0.8 shots/sec. (in P mode)
- Normal: Approx. 2.2 shots/sec. (in Low Light mode)
- Under conditions where the flash does not fire automatically
- Differs depending on the zoom position.
- Storage Media: SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, SDXC Memory Card
- File Format: Design rule for Camera File system, DPOF (Version 1.1) compliant
- Image Recording Format: Fine
- JPEG Compression Mode
- Still Image: Exif. 2.3 (JPEG)
- Video: MOV (Image: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264; Audio: Linear PCM (Monaural))
- Number of Recording Pixels
- Still Images (4:3 Aspect Ratio):
- Large: 5152 x 3864
- Medium 1: 3648 x 2736
- Medium 2: 2048 x 1536
- Small: 640 x 480
- Wide: 5152 x 2896
- HD 1280 x 720: 25 fps
- Miniature Effect HD 1280 x 720: 5 fps / 2.5 fps / 1.25 fps
- Miniature Effect 640 x 480: 6 fps / 3 fps / 1.5 fps
- 640 x 480: 30 fps (29.97)
Number of Recordable Images
|File Size (KB)
|Medium 1 (M1)
|Medium 2 (M2)
- Note: F=Fine
* When in Low Light.
- The approximate number of images recordable on memory cards other than the above can be calculated by using the above figures as a reference and extrapolating accordingly.
Time of Recordable Movies
|HD: 1280 x 720
||640 x 480
|| HD: 1280 x 720
|| 640 x 480
|Movie Size (KB/sec.)
||6 hrs. 40 min. 07 sec.
||13 hrs. 01 min. 08 sec.
||24 hrs. 46 min. 50 sec.
||23 hrs. 42 min. 12 sec.
||43 hrs. 36 min. 51 sec.
||75 hrs. 11 min. 50 sec.
||1 hr. 11 min. 43 sec.
||3 hrs. 24 min. 26 sec.
||26 hrs. 56 min. 23 sec.
||52 hrs. 35 min. 36 sec.
||100 hrs. 06 min. 24 sec.
||95 hrs. 45 min. 15 sec.
||176 hrs. 11 min. 17 sec.
||303 hrs. 46 min. 22 sec.
||4 hrs. 49 min. 46 sec.
||13 hrs. 45 min. 52 sec.
- *1 Playback frame rate is 25 fps.
- *2 Playback frame rate is 30 fps*3.
- *3 Actual frame rate is 29.97 fps.
- Playback Modes File:
- Stills & Videos:
Auto Rotate (Automatic vertical/horizontal detection), Image Advance (Transition Effects, Scroll Display), Rotate, Favorites, Smart Shuffle, Group Playback, Slideshow (Repeat, Interval, Effect)
- Still Images:
Single, Index (6-100 thumbnails), Magnification (2-10x), Information Display, Red-eye Correction, i-Contrast, Resize, My Colors, Histogram, Overexposure Warning
Normal Playback*1, Skip Backward*2, Previous Frame*3, Next Frame*3, Skip Forward*2
- Displays playback position and shooting time:
- *1 Audio settings available in 5 levels *2 Approximately 4 seconds *3 Slow motion available
- Erase Modes:
- Select Image, Select Range, Select All Images
- The image data in the memory card stored with the Design rule for Camera File systems format can be erased (however, protected images cannot be erased).
- Using the Movie editing function, sections of the movie can be deleted.
- Video Out: NTSC/PAL (dedicated connector (female) with unified type of digital, audio and video)
- Audio Out: Monaural (dedicated connector (female) with unified type of digital, audio and video)
- Other: SD memory card slot; direct connection to Canon SELPHY, PIXMA Photo Printers & PictBridge compatible printers
- Power Source: Battery Pack NB-11LH/NB-11L, AC Adapter Kit ACK-90
- Shooting Capacity:
- Approx. 230 shots
- Approx. 310 shots in ECO Mode
- Playback Time: Approx. 5 hours
- Operating Temperature: 32-104°F/0-40°C
- Operating Humidity: 10-90%
- Height: 2.24"
- Width: 3.75"
- Depth: 0.93"
- Unit: 5.01 oz
- Shipping: 1 lb
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 1 Year Limited
- Extended Service Warranty Available: Click the warranty tab above for details