Canon PowerShot ELPH 135 16.0 Megapixel Silver Digital Camera - 9153B001
The PowerShot ELPH 135 camera is point-and-shoot ease at its best. Slim and light enough to have ready whenever a special moment might happen, this camera makes it easy to turn any snapshot into a frame-worthy memory. The versatile 8x Optical Zoom lens gives your images lots of variety while helping you capture action from near or far. The 16.0 Megapixel sensor brings high resolution to every detail, while the DIGIC 4+ Image Processor delivers fast performance and beautifully natural color. Shooting is easy in all kinds of situations with Smart AUTO that recognizes 32 scenes and chooses the perfect camera settings for you. Digital IS reduces blur automatically, and a handy Help Button provides easy explanations of settings and options right on the LCD screen.
8x Optical Zoom
The PowerShot ELPH 135 features an 8x Optical Zoom so more shots are within your reach. You'll love the flexibility that the wide 28-224mm (35mm equivalent) shooting range offers. Plus, the Wide-Angle lens captures expansive image in every shot, adding depth, perspective and grandeur. Landscapes, city scenes, family shots and more benefit from the extra width. Whether you're shooting wide group shots or zooming to the telephoto end, your images are assured to be bright and clear.
16.0 Megapixel sensor
With the PowerShot ELPH 135 camera's 16.0 Megapixels of resolution, your images are rich and clear, with textures and tiny details faithfully reproduced even at the long end of the 8x Optical Zoom. This high level of resolution is ideal for creating the largest prints, and allows you the flexibility to blow up and crop any section of an image to express your creativity.
DIGIC 4+ Image Processor
The PowerShot ELPH 135 camera's DIGIC 4+ Image Processor features accelerated processing speed to create fast, responsive performance, giving you a shooting experience that's easy and natural. The DIGIC 4+ Image Processor also enhances image quality in several ways. Processing of high ISO shots has been shortened by 60% compared to the DIGIC 4 Image Processor. This significantly reduces noise for brilliant color, smooth gradations, and beautiful detail even in low light. The processor's highly efficient design also extends battery life.
720p HD video
Using the slim PowerShot ELPH 135 IS, you can shoot high definition video anytime, anywhere. With a simple push of the dedicated movie button, you'll be able to instantly record every moment in motion. 720p HD video is smooth, vivid, and beautifully lifelike, making it an ideal way to capture special moments with the family.
Getting that great shot is as simple as pressing the shutter button on the PowerShot ELPH 135 camera. Smart AUTO automatically detects scenes by assessing various factors in both the background and the subject and analyzes them using 32 predefined shooting situations. The camera then makes optimal settings to ensure the best possible image capture, whether you're shooting stills or video. With Smart AUTO, all you have to do is frame your shot and capture away.
Digital IS beats the blur that mars many shots by recognizing the main subject, then automatically applying the camera shake correction that best suits the situation. If the subject is a person, blur reduction processing is performed. For landscapes, cityscapes and other still scenes, the camera takes 3 quick successive shots and composes them into a single clear image. If the subject is moving, the camera takes 3 successive shots and then automatically saves the clearest image.
Compact digital still camera with built-in flash, 8x Optical, 4x Digital and 32x Combined Zoom
Image Capture Device
- Type: 16.0 Megapixel, 1/2.3-inch CCD
- Total Pixels: Approx. 16.6 Megapixels
- Effective Pixels: Approx. 16.0 Megapixels
- Focal Length: 5.0 (W) - 40.0 (T) mm (35mm film equivalent: 28 - 224mm)
- Optical Zoom: 8x
- Digital Zoom: 4x
- Focusing Range
- Auto: 0.4 in. (1 cm) - infinity (W, 4.3 ft. (1.3 m) - infinity (T);
- Normal: 2.0 in. (5 cm) - infinity (W), 4.3 ft. (1.3 m) - infinity (T);
- Macro: 0.4 in. - 1.6 ft. (1-50 cm) (W);
- Infinity: 9.8 ft. (3 m) - infinity (W,T)
- Autofocus System: TTL Autofocus
- Optical Viewfinder: Not Available
- LCD Monitor: 2.7-inch TFT Color LCD with wide viewing angle
- LCD Pixels: Approx. 230,000 dots
- LCD Coverage: Approx. 100%
Aperture and Shutter
- Maximum Aperture: f/3.2 (W) - f/6.9 (T)
- Shutter Speed:
- 1-1/2000 sec.
- 15-1 sec. (Shooting long exposures)
- Sensitivity: Auto, ISO 100-1600
- Light Metering Method
- Evaluative*, Center-weighted average, Spot**
- * Facial brightness is evaluated in Face Detection AF
- ** Metering frame is fixed to the center
- Exposure Control Method: Manual Exposure, Program Shift, Safety Shift, AE Lock
- Exposure Compensation
- Still Images: ±2 stops in 1/3-stop increments
- Videos: ±2 stops in 1/3-stop increments (not available during shooting)
- White Balance Control
- Auto*, Daylight, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Fluorescent H, Custom
- * Camera automatically sets the optimal ISO speed according to shooting mode.
- Built-in Flash
- Auto, Flash On, Slow Synchro, Flash Off
- Facial brightness is also evaluated in Face Detect.
- Flash Range
- 1.6 ft. - 9.8 ft. (W), 4.3 - 4.9 ft. (T) (50cm - 3.0m (W), (1.3m - 1.5m (T))
- Image brightness may diminish depending on the shooting distance
- Recycling Time: 10 sec. or less (battery voltage: 3.7 V)
- Flash Exposure Compensation: Not available
- Shooting Modes:
- Auto, P, Live View Control, Portrait, Face Self-timer, Low Light, Fisheye Effect, Miniature Effect, Toy Camera Effect, Monochrome, Super Vivid, Poster Effect, Snow, Fireworks, Long Shutter
- Shooting movies is possible with the movie button
- Photo Effects: Not available
- Self Timer
- Approx. 10-sec. delay/approx. 2-sec. delay/custom*
- * Delay time (0-15 sec. (in one-second increments), 20/25/30 sec.) and number of shots (1-10 shots (in one-shot increments)) can be specified.
- Wireless Control: Not available
- Continuous Shooting
- Normal: Approx. 0.8 shots/sec. (in P mode)
- Normal: Approx. 3.3 shots/sec. (in Low Light mode)
- Under conditions where the flash does not fire automatically
- Differs depending on the zoom position.
- Storage Media: SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, SDXC Memory Card
- File Format: Design rule for Camera File system, DPOF (Version 1.1) compliant
- Image Recording Format: Fine
- JPEG Compression Mode
- Still Image: Exif. 2.3 (JPEG)
- Video: MOV (Image: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264; Audio: Linear PCM (Monaural))
- Number of Recording Pixels
- Still Images (4:3 Aspect Ratio):
- Large: 4608 x 3456
- Medium 1: 3264 x 2448
- Medium 2: 2048 x 1536
- Small: 640 x 480
- Wide: 4608 x 2592
- HD 1280 x 720: 25 fps
- Miniature Effect HD 1280 x 720: 5 fps / 2.5 fps / 1.25 fps
- Miniature Effect 640 x 480: 6 fps / 3 fps / 1.5 fps
- 640 x 480: 30 fps (29.97)
Number of Recordable Images
|File Size (KB)
|Medium 1 (M1)
|Medium 2 (M2)
- Note: F=Fine
* When in Low Light.
- The approximate number of images recordable on memory cards other than the above can be calculated by using the above figures as a reference and extrapolating accordingly.
Time of Recordable Movies
|HD: 1280 x 720
||640 x 480
|| HD: 1280 x 720
|| 640 x 480
|Movie Size (KB/sec.)
||6 hrs. 40 min. 07 sec.
||13 hrs. 01 min. 08 sec.
||24 hrs. 46 min. 50 sec.
||23 hrs. 42 min. 12 sec.
||43 hrs. 36 min. 51 sec.
||75 hrs. 11 min. 50 sec.
||1 hr. 11 min. 43 sec.
||3 hrs. 24 min. 26 sec.
||26 hrs. 56 min. 23 sec.
||52 hrs. 35 min. 36 sec.
||100 hrs. 06 min. 24 sec.
||95 hrs. 45 min. 15 sec.
||176 hrs. 11 min. 17 sec.
||303 hrs. 46 min. 22 sec.
||4 hrs. 49 min. 46 sec.
||13 hrs. 45 min. 52 sec.
- *1 Playback frame rate is 25 fps.
- *2 Playback frame rate is 30 fps*3.
- *3 Actual frame rate is 29.97 fps.
- Playback Modes File:
- Stills & Videos:
Auto Rotate (Automatic vertical/horizontal detection), Image Advance (Transition Effects, Scroll Display), Rotate, Favorites, Smart Shuffle, Group Playback, Slideshow (Repeat, Interval, Effect)
- Still Images:
Single, Index (6-100 thumbnails), Magnification (2-10x), Information Display, Red-eye Correction, i-Contrast, Resize, My Colors, Histogram, Overexposure Warning
Normal Playback*1, Skip Backward*2, Previous Frame*3, Next Frame*3, Skip Forward*2
- Displays playback position and shooting time:
- *1 Audio settings available in 5 levels *2 Approximately 4 seconds *3 Slow motion available
- Erase Modes:
- Select Image, Select Range, Select All Images
- The image data in the memory card stored with the Design rule for Camera File systems format can be erased (however, protected images cannot be erased).
- Using the Movie editing function, sections of the movie can be deleted.
- Video Out: NTSC/PAL (dedicated connector (female) with unified type of digital, audio and video)
- Audio Out: Monaural (dedicated connector (female) with unified type of digital, audio and video)
- Other: SD memory card slot; direct connection to Canon SELPHY, PIXMA Photo Printers & PictBridge compatible printers
- Power Source: Battery Pack NB-11LH/NB-11L, AC Adapter Kit ACK-90
- Shooting Capacity:
- Approx. 230 shots
- Approx. 310 shots in ECO Mode
- Playback Time: Approx. 4 hours
- Operating Temperature: 32-104°F/0-40°C
- Operating Humidity: 10-90%
- Height: 2.14"
- Width: 3.75"
- Depth: 0.87"
- Unit: 4.48 oz
- Shipping: 1 lb
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 1 Year Limited