Leica Black Ultravid 8x 32 HD Binoculars, Model ULTRAVIDHD832BK
Superior brightness, clarity, robustness, ergonomics and low weight
Anyone looking for the best in binoculars simply cannot ignore the Leica HD series. These premium binoculars are clear proof of what modern technology can achieve: fluoride lenses guarantee superb colour fidelity and perfect contrast, a uniquely bright and clear view and pin-sharp detail resolution. And this performance is further enhanced by efficient spurious-light suppression. The focusing action of Ultravid HD binoculars is perfectly smooth at all times. Fine focusing is always fast, precise and sure. The central hinge axis is machined from high-tensile titanium, while the body is manufactured from an ultra-lightweight magnesium alloy. Thanks to their rugged design and construction, Leica Ultravids make light work of almost all challenges encountered in outdoor use.
Extremely compact size is not the only impressive feature of the Ultravid 32 model. They also offer outstanding optical performance and easy focusing. These binoculars are ideal for daylight use.
- Leica AquaDura coating
The dirt and water repellent properties of AquaDura® coating guarantee a bright and crystal-clear view in any weather. Raindrops simply roll off exposed lens surfaces and fingerprints and dirt can be swiftly and easily wiped away. In addition, it protects the precious optical systems even more effectively against damage by scratching or abrasion.
- HDC (High Durability Coating) - abrasion-resistant multi-coating
HDC is an abrasion-resistant and transmission-enhancing coating applied in wafer-thin layers. HDC®guarantees superior light transmission and extreme resistance to abrasion. You enjoy a bright and crystal-clear image and additional protection of your equipment in outdoor use.
- HLS: High-Lux-System
The Leica HLS® High-Lux System combines a number of different measures for the suppression of stray light with specially developed reflective coatings on the prisms. This enables the improvement of light transmission and colour fidelity. The result when viewing: a particularly bright, colour-neutral and reflection-free image with outstanding clarity, contrast and sharpness.
- Fluoride glasses
Fluoride glasses increase image contrast and resolution. The predominant ingredient in the formulation of FL glasses is calcium fluoride. FL glasses have significantly lower dispersion characteristics than conventional glasses and are much more effective in the correction of aberrations such as colour fringing. The effect of this is a much more natural and impressive viewing experience.
- Excellent resolution
Leica has developed a special simulator that visualises sources of stray light in the design phase to ensure that stray and false light is eliminated before production begins. Thanks to optimised baffles, stray-light traps and the application of light-absorbing paints, the design of the new HD objective lenses ensures that stray light can never diminish the viewing experience. Effective stray-light suppression is also instrumental in ensuring increased contrast performance.
- Leica mechanical precusion - consistently smooth focusing
Focusing is made even smoother by special Leica focusing mechanisms. Optimum combinations of materials and high-performance plastic floating disks are employed in their construction. The advantage of this is that focusing does not become stiff when temperatures are low, or too loose at higher temperatures.
- Compact size and uncompromising optical performance
- Edge-to-edge image sharpness for precise observation
- Maximum ruggedness and minimum weight
- Excellent resolving power
- Optimum image brightness and colour neutrality
- Outstanding suppression of stray light
- Perfected mechanical excellence ensures absolute reliability
- Long service life
- Magnification: 8 x
- Front lens diameter: 32 mm
- Exit pupil: 4 mm
- Twilight factor: 16
- Field of view at 1,000 yds: 404 ft
- Eye-relief: 13.3 mm
- Objective angle of view: 7.7°
- Close focusing distance: approx. 6.9 ft
- Diopter compensation: ± 4 diopters
- Automatic diopter compensation ADC: Yes
- Eyepieces for eyeglass wearers: Yes, removable, with two click stops
- Adjustable interpupillary distance: 52-74 mm
- Focusing: Internal focusing via central focusing device
- No. of lens elements (each side): 9, all with HDC coating and Leica AquaDura
- Prism system: Roof prism with phase correcting coating P40 and HighLux-System HLS
- Watertightness: Watertight to a depth of 16.5 ft
- Housing: Magnesium, nitrogen-filled
In The Box:
- Neoprene carrying strap, contoured
- Eyepiece cover
- Protective front lens cover
- Cordura case
- Height: 4.625"
- Width: 4.625"
- Depth: 2.25"
- Unit: 1.19 lbs
- Shipping: 3 lbs