Yamaha Black 5.1 Channel AV Home Theater Receiver, Model RXV377BL
Discrete amplifier circuit design, along with new Virtual CINEMA FRONT and Extra Bass, enhance the capabilities and performance of this 5.1-channel AV receiver, providing a great sounding home theater experience.
- 5-channel powerful surround sound
- 100 W per channel (8 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.9% THD, 1-ch driven)
- 70 W per channel (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.09% THD, 2-ch driven)
- Discrete amp configuration
- HDMI® (4 in / 1 out) with 4K Ultra HD pass-through for super high resolution images
- Front panel USB digital connection for iPod® and iPhone®
- Virtual CINEMA FRONT provides virtual surround sound with five speakers in front
- Extra Bass enriches powerful bass sound even with small speakers
- YPAO™ sound optimization for automatic speaker set up
- Multilingual color OSD for improved visibility (English, German, French, Spanish, Russian, Italian, Japanese and Chinese)
- ECO mode operation for about 20 percentage less power consumption
4K Ultra HD Pass-through for Super High Resolution Images
This AV receiver provides advanced HDMI® features including pass-through of 4K Ultra HD, which is gaining popularity. 4K Ultra HD refers to four times the resolution of a 1080p display. This receiver is capable of passing the 4K Ultra HD data from the source to the monitor for image clarity far beyond present standards.
HDMI with 3D and Audio Return Channel
3D means the receiver can handle 3D signal data. The Audio Return Channel function enables data to be sent and received via the same HDMI cable so you can hear the sound from the TV via a single HDMI cable with no need for an extra optical cable.
HDMI CEC for Easy Operation
Another benefit of HDMI is the availability of CEC functionality^1. When the unit is connected to a CEC compatible TV, it will turn on and off together with the TV and you can use the TV remote to control the volume. CEC also provides advanced functionality with other components. For example, you can use the receiver's remote unit to control player functions like skip and stop.
Discrete Amp Configuration for High Sound Quality
This AV receiver was designed with a strong focus on achieving exceptionally high sound clarity. It employs a discrete amp configuration and a low jitter PLL circuit, which contribute to its excellent audio performance.
USB Digital Connection for iPod and iPhone on the Front Panel
A USB port on the front panel allows convenient connection of an iPod / iPhone, which also charges when connected. Because the digital signal from the iPod / iPhone is transmitted directly to the AV receiver, there is no signal loss or interference so you enjoy the best possible sound quality. In addition, you can use the receiver's remote control unit to operate the iPod / iPhone music playback functions.
Virtual CINEMA FRONT Provides Virtual 5-channel Surround Sound with High Quality and Resolution
With Virtual CINEMA FRONT, you will enjoy virtual 5-channel surround sound with higher quality and resolution by installing surround speakers at the front. You get more flexibility to arrange your speakers inside the room, along with easy enjoyment of high quality surround sound.
Extra Bass Provides Rich Bass Reproduction, Even with Small Speakers
Yamaha's exclusive low-range enhancement technology delivers richer bass than you expect from the speaker size while maintaining good localization and sound balance even with compact front speakers. When a subwoofer is used, it improves the volume of the entire low range of the speaker system, not only the front speakers, but also enhancing the bass from the subwoofer. You'll enjoy video and music with sound that has exceptional power and presence.
YPAO Sound Optimization for Automatic Speaker Set Up
YPAO analyzes the room acoustics and adjusts various audio parameters for optimum sound in just a few minutes. It's like having a professional installer calibrate your system.
HD Audio with CINEMA DSP
Yamaha's exclusive CINEMA DSP technology supports playback of HD Audio (Dolby® TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio™, etc.), providing natural and expansive sound imaging.
Compressed Music Enhancer
When music is encoded into a digitally compressed format like MP3, the frequency response suffers. Yamaha's Compressed Music Enhancer employs sophisticated digital signal processing using exclusive algorithms to restore what was lost, so the music always sounds the way it should.
Subwoofer Trim Control for Improved Sound Imaging
The Subwoofer Trim Control enhances the low frequencies by avoiding overlap with the front speaker output. This will result in a cleaner, more focused sound stage while providing a seamless frequency response. When subwoofer frequency overlap occurs in conventional systems, the overall sound is "pushed" toward the subwoofer. Subwoofer Trim Control takes care of this by separating the low subwoofer frequencies cleanly, thus stabilizing the front stage while providing a well-balanced enhanced bass sound.
SCENE for One-touch Start
Pressing a SCENE button powers on the AV receiver and selects the input source and DSP mode. You can reset the buttons for different sources by selecting a source and DSP mode, then pressing a SCENE button for more than three seconds.
ECO Mode Lowers Power Consumption by 20 Percent^2
Yamaha's new ECO mode reduces power consumption by about 20 percent. It can be set from the top of the GUI menu.
Selectable Auto Power Down
Auto power down lets you save energy by selecting to turn off the power after two, four, eight or 12 hours.
Connection for YBA-11 Bluetooth Wireless Adapter
This AV receiver provides a DC out connection for the YBA-11 Bluetooth wireless technology adapter (optional accessory). You'll be able to stream music wirelessly from a Bluetooth-capable smartphone, tablet or PC, without a Wi-Fi environment.
- Channel: 5.1
- Rated Output Power (1kHz, 1ch driven): 100 W (8 ohms, 0.9% THD)
- Rated Output Power (1kHz, 2ch driven): 85 W (8 ohms, 0.9% THD)
- Rated Output Power (20Hz-20kHz, 2ch driven): 70 W (8 ohms, 0.09% THD)
- Dynamic Power per Channel (8/6/4/2 ohms): 110 / 130 / 160 / 180 W
Surround Sound Processing
- CINEMA DSP: Yes
- DSP Programs: 17
- SILENT CINEMA: Yes
- Virtual CINEMA FRONT: Yes
- Extra Bass: Yes
- Dolby TrueHD: Yes
- Dolby Digital Plus: Yes
- DTS-HD Master Audio: Yes
- Compressed Music Enhancer: Yes
- YPAO sound optimization: Yes
- Adaptive DRC (Dynamic Range Control): Yes
- Initial Volume & Maximum Volume Setting: Yes
- Audio Delay: Yes (0-500 ms)
- 192kHz/24-bit DACs for all channels: Yes (Burr-Brown)
- 4K Ultra HD pass-through: Yes
- HDMI 3D pass-through: Yes
- HDMI Audio Return Channel: Yes
- Deep Color/x.v.Color/24Hz Refresh Rate /Auto Lip-Sync: Yes
- HDMI Input/Output: 4/1
- HDMI CEC: Yes
- USB Input: iPod® / iPhone®, USB memory, portable audio player
- Front AV Input: USB / Mini-jack
- Digital Audio Input/Output: Optical: 1 / 0
- Digital Audio Input/Output: Coaxial: 2 / 0
- Analog Audio Input/Output: 4 (1 front) / 1
- Component Video Input/Output: 2 / 1
- Composite Video Input/Output: 3 / 1
- Preout: Subwoofer
- Headphone Output: 1
- On-screen display: Yes (Color OSD)
- SCENE: SCENE (4 sets)
- Remote Control Unit: Yes
- Standby Power Consumption (IR only): ≤0.3 W
- Auto Power Standby: Yes
- ECO mode: Yes
- Height: 6"
- Width: 17.125"
- Depth: 12.375"
- Unit: 16.3 lbs
- Shipping: 19 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 2 Years Parts and Labor
- Extended Service Warranty Available: Click the warranty tab above for details
- All connected devices must be HDMI CEC compatible. Some CEC compatible TVs / players may not work.
- Compared to power consumption when ECO mode is off (Yamaha measurement).