Martin Logan Black ESL Series Premium On-Wall Electrostatic Loudspeaker - EFXBK
Surround Yourself with EFX
MartinLogan is proud to introduce the slim, on-wall EFX™ hybrid electrostatic loudspeaker, featuring XStat™ technology, dramatically reducing cabinet size, yet establishing new standards for efficiency, dynamics and precision.
- On-Wall Swivel Mounting Options
- 28" x 8.6" XStat™ CLS™ Transducer
- Slim Profile, 6.5" Depth
- 6.5-inch Fiber Cone Woofer
- Bass Reflex Port
CLS™ XStat™ Transducer
Housed within a radical, ultra-ridged extruded aluminum AirFrame™, the EFX's new CLS XStat transducer builds upon the legacy of MartinLogan's electrostatic heritage with the incorporation of advanced vacuum bonding and MicroPerf stat panels, providing even greater efficiency and precision.
Slim On-Wall Profile
If you won't settle for anything but electrostats next to your new flatscreen TV, the EFX is the perfect solution at just 6.5-inches deep. Free up precious floorspace by mounting EFX to your wall with the included wall brackets. The EFX is also the ultimate high-performance home theater surround speaker and complements MartinLogan's entire line of electrostatic loudspeakers. EFX rotates with the pivoting wall bracket to easily focus your surround sound experience.
Advanced Vojtko Filtering
Proprietary Vojtko filtering technology is utilized for EFX's electrostatic transducer. This audiophile quality network, derived from the CLX, is carefully hand-built using precision point-to-point wiring, polypropylene capacitors, massive air-core coils, and a custom wound E-I core transformer—flawlessly preserving micro-acoustic subtleties while effortlessly handling the broadest range of dynamics contained within even the most demanding sonic source.
Custom 5-Way Binding Posts and Low-Voltage Power Supply
MartinLogan's proprietary tool-less binding posts simplify cable connection and management. EFX features custom 5-way binding posts and provide the ultimate level of flexibility for connection and setup. To further simplify setup and cable management, the EFX features a low-voltage DC power supply eliminates the need for a traditional, heavy IEC power cord.
- Frequency Response: 68–22,000 Hz ±3dB
- Horizontal Dispersion: 30°
- Vertical Dispersion: 28" (71cm) line source
- High Frequency Transducer: XStat™ CLS™ electrostaic transducer
- Panel Dimensions: 28" × 8.6" (71.1 × 21.8cm)
- Radiating Area: 241 in2 (1,550 cm2)
- Low Frequency Transducer: 6.5" (16.5cm) high excursion, fiber cone with extended throw drive assembly; bass reflex
- Sensitivity: 90 dB/2.83 volts/meter
- Impedance: 6 Ohms, 1.3 @ 20kHz. Compatible with 4, 6, or 8 Ohm rated amplifiers.
Recommended Amplifier Power: 20‒300 watts per channel
- Crossover Frequency: 530Hz
- Components: Custom-wound E-I core transformer, air core coils, metal film capacitors
- Inputs: Custom 5-way binding posts
- Power Draw:
- Max: 2W each
- Standby: <1W each
- Height: 48.8"
- Width: 9.4"
- Depth: 6.5"
- Unit: 24.5 lbs
- Shipping: 30 lbs.
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 5 Years Limited Warranty
- Extended Service Warranty Available: Click the warranty tab above for details