Yamaha Black 5.1 Channel Network AV Home Theater Receiver, Model RX-V477BL
This versatile 5.1-channel network AV receiver is ready for AirPlay®, music streaming, AV Controller App and HTC Connect™. It offers high sound quality, plus 4K Ultra HD pass-through and new Extra Bass function for powerful sound.
- 5-channel powerful surround sound
- 115 W per channel (8 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.9% THD, 1-ch driven)
- 80 W per channel (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.09% THD, 2-ch driven)
- HDMI® (6 in / 1 out) with 4K Ultra HD pass-through for super high resolution images
- AirPlay®, Pandora®, Spotify music streaming service and AV Controller App
- HTC Connect™ for music streaming from HTC Connect compatible smartphones
- Front panel USB digital connection for iPod® and iPhone®
- FLAC, WAV 192 kHz / 24-bit, Apple® Lossless 96 kHz / 24-bit playback
- Virtual CINEMA FRONT provides virtual surround sound with 5 speakers in front
- Extra Bass enriches powerful bass sound even with small speakers
- Gapless playback compatibility allows play without interruption
- YPAO™ sound optimization for automatic speaker setup
- Multilingual color OSD for improved visibility (English, German, French, Spanish, Russian, Italian, Japanese and Chinese)
- ECO mode operation for about 20 percent less power consumption
4K Ultra HD Pass-through for Super High Resolution Images
This AV receiver provides advanced HDMI® features including pass-through of 4K Ultra HD, which is gaining popularity. 4K Ultra HD refers to four times the resolution of a 1080p display. This receiver is capable of passing the 4K Ultra HD data from the source to the monitor, for image clarity far beyond present standards.
HDMI with 3D and Audio Return Channel
3D means the receiver can handle 3D signal data. The Audio Return Channel function enables data to be sent and received via the same HDMI cable, so you can hear the sound from the TV via a single HDMI cable, with no need for an extra optical cable.
HDMI CEC for Easy Operation
Another benefit of HDMI is the availability of CEC functionality^1. When the unit is connected to a CEC compatible TV, it will turn on and off together with the TV and you can use the TV remote to control the volume. CEC also provides advanced functionality with other components. For example, you can use the receiver's remote unit to control player functions like skip and stop.
Discrete Amp Configuration for High Sound Quality
This AV receiver was designed with a strong focus on achieving exceptionally high sound clarity. It employs a discrete amp configuration and a low jitter PLL circuit, which contribute to its excellent audio performance.
This AV receiver provides a variety of network functions that enable you to access more sources and also enhance operation. You can connect the receiver to a PC to enjoy Internet radio, Pandora®, Spotify and operate your system via WebBrowser Control. The AV Controller App (from iTunes® or Google play) lets you control various functions from your iPod®, iPhone®, iPad® or Android™ phones / tablets.
AirPlay Allows Streaming Music to AV Receiver
This AV receiver supports AirPlay, which means they can accept wireless music streaming from iPod touch®, iPhone or iPad, as well as from iTunes on a Mac® or PC. This makes it easy to enjoy music from your mobile devices or computer on your home theater system. You can use view metadata such as song title, artist name as well as album art^3 via AV receiver's on-screen display.
Stream Millions of Songs with Spotify Connect
With the Spotify app^4 on your smartphone, you've got instant access to millions of songs. And now you can stream those songs to your Yamaha system by using Spotify Connect. Just hit play to start streaming music. What's more, when you've been listening on your smartphone outside and come inside, the song immediately streams to your AVR—like magic, you enjoy uninterrupted music. You can also personalize playlists and receive phone calls while listening to music.
HTC Connect for Wireless Streaming
HTC Connect lets you stream music to your AV receiver wirelessly. You don't need a separate app because HTC Connect is built right into your HTC phone. Simply swiping the HTC phone screen starts music output to the AV receiver, from the HTC device's local music sources or third party music sources.
AV Controller App for Easy, Convenient Operation
This AV receiver lets you use the Yamaha AV Controller app that is downloadable from the iTunes or Google Play to control power on / off and volume, select input and DSP modes and operate other functions from an iPhone or Android devices. You can also use in as many as 23^5 different languages and customize the interface by hiding unused icons and renaming functions. A tablet version is also available.
USB Digital Connection for iPod and iPhone on the Front Panel
A USB port on the front panel allows convenient connection of an iPod / iPhone, which also charges when connected. Because the digital signal from the iPod / iPhone is transmitted directly to the AV receiver, there is no signal loss or interference so you enjoy the best possible sound quality. In addition, you can use the receiver's remote control unit to operate the iPod / iPhone music playback functions.
Virtual CINEMA FRONT Provides Virtual 5-channel Surround Sound with High Quality and Resolution
With Virtual CINEMA FRONT, you will enjoy virtual 5-channel surround sound with higher quality and resolution by installing surround speakers at the front. You get more flexibility to arrange your speakers inside the room, along with easy enjoyment of high quality surround sound.
Extra Bass Provides Rich Bass Reproduction, Even with Small Speakers
Yamaha's exclusive low-range enhancement technology delivers richer bass than you expect from the speaker size while maintaining good localization and sound balance even with compact front speakers. When a subwoofer is used, it improves the volume of the entire low range of the speaker system, not only the front speakers, but also enhancing the bass from the subwoofer. You'll enjoy video and music with sound that has exceptional power and presence.
YPAO Sound Optimization for Automatic Speaker Set Up
YPAO analyzes the room acoustics and adjusts various audio parameters for optimum sound in just a few minutes. It's like having a professional installer calibrate your system.
HD Audio with CINEMA DSP 3D and Virtual Presence Speaker
CINEMA DSP 3D provides a wide, high and dense sound field. HD Audio format decoding lets you enjoy HD Audio sources. Virtual Presence Speaker delivers three-dimensional sound without actual use of presence speakers.
DSP Parameter Adjustment for Easy Detailed Setting
This AV receiver is equipped with a variety of sound programs that utilize Yamaha's original DSP technology. They allow you to easily create sound fields like actual movie theaters or concert halls in your room and enjoy natural stereoscopic sound fields. Now you can use the AV Controller App to adjust DSP parameters to your preference to match the type of music / movie or the mood you want to achieve. There are two modes, basic and advanced, that you can choose according to the type of adjustments you want to do.
Gapless Playback Compatibility Allows Play without Interruption^6
Many live and classical albums have no gaps in the music. Gapless playback ensures that there are no pauses between audio files. This provides playback with no interruptions, the way it was meant to be heard.
Compressed Music Enhancer
When music is encoded into a digitally compressed format like MP3, the frequency response suffers. Yamaha's Compressed Music Enhancer employs sophisticated digital signal processing using exclusive algorithms to restore what was lost, so the music always sounds the way it should.
Subwoofer Trim Control for Improved Sound Imaging
The Subwoofer Trim Control enhances the low frequencies by avoiding overlap with the front speaker output. This will result in a cleaner, more focused sound stage while providing a seamless frequency response. When subwoofer frequency overlap occurs in conventional systems, the overall sound is "pushed" toward the subwoofer. Subwoofer Trim Control takes care of this by separating the low subwoofer frequencies cleanly, thus stabilizing the front stage while providing a well-balanced enhanced bass sound.
Total Purity Concept for the Finest Sound Quality
The Total Purity Concept, which Yamaha has been cultivating for many years, encompasses high drive amp technology, high purity preamplification, anti-vibration technology and independent pure power supplies. All models have a fully discrete power amplifier that helps to minimize distortion. They also adopt independent pure power supplies, allowing dedicated power supplies for the analog and digital circuitry to prevent digital noise from affecting analog circuitry. The anti-vibration heatsinks are designed to suppress vibration from transistors and sound pressure. Independent power supplies for the DACs are designed to further eliminate noise on certain models. Down to every detail, these AV receivers are designed with full emphasis on the highest possible sound quality.
Subwoofer Trim Control for Improved Sound Imaging
The Subwoofer Trim Control enhances the low frequencies by avoiding overlap with the front speaker output. This will result in a cleaner, more focused sound stage while providing a seamless frequency response. When subwoofer frequency overlap occurs in conventional systems, the overall sound is “pushed” toward the subwoofer. Subwoofer Trim Control takes care of this by separating the low subwoofer frequencies cleanly, thus stabilizing the front stage while providing a well-balanced enhanced bass sound.
SCENE for One-touch Start
Pressing a SCENE button powers on the AV receiver and selects the input source and DSP mode. You can reset the buttons for different sources by selecting a source and DSP mode, then pressing a SCENE button for more than three seconds.
ECO Mode Lowers Power Consumption by 20 Percent^2
Yamaha's new ECO mode reduces power consumption by about 20 percent. It can be set from the top of the GUI menu.
Selectable Auto Power Down
Auto power down lets you save energy by selecting to turn off the power after two, four, eight or 12 hours.
- Channel: 5.1
- Rated Output Power (1kHz, 1ch driven): 115 W (8 ohms, 0.9% THD)
- Rated Output Power (1kHz, 2ch driven): 95 W (8 ohms, 0.9% THD)
- Rated Output Power (20Hz-20kHz, 2ch driven): 80 W (8 ohms, 0.09% THD)
- Dynamic Power per Channel (8/6/4/2 ohms): 110 / 130 / 160 / 180 W
Surround Sound Processing
- CINEMA DSP: Yes (3D)
- DSP Programs: 17
- Virtual Presence Speaker: Yes
- SILENT CINEMA: Yes
- Virtual CINEMA FRONT: Yes
- Extra Bass: Yes
- Dolby TrueHD: Yes
- Dolby Digital Plus: Yes
- DTS-HD Master Audio: Yes
- Compressed Music Enhancer: Yes
- YPAO sound optimization: Yes
- Adaptive DRC (Dynamic Range Control): Yes
- Initial Volume & Maximum Volume Setting: Yes
- Audio Delay: Yes (0-500 ms)
- 192kHz/24-bit DACs for all channels: Yes (Burr-Brown)
- 4K Ultra HD pass-through: Yes
- HDMI 3D pass-through: Yes
- HDMI Audio Return Channel: Yes
- Deep Color/x.v.Color/24Hz Refresh Rate /Auto Lip-Sync: Yes
- HDMI Input/Output: 6/1
- HDMI CEC: Yes
- USB Input: iPod® / iPhone®, USB memory, portable audio player
- Front AV Input: USB / Mini-jack
- Network Port: Yes
- Digital Audio Input/Output: Optical: 1 / 0
- Digital Audio Input/Output: Coaxial: 2 / 0
- Analog Audio Input/Output: 4 (1 front) / 1
- Component Video Input/Output: 2 / 1
- Composite Video Input/Output: 4 / 1
- Preout: Subwoofer
- Headphone Output: 1
- On-screen display: Yes (color OSD)
- SCENE: SCENE (4 sets)
- Remote Control Unit: Yes
- App Control: Yes (iPhone / iPad / Android™ phone / tablet)
- Standby Power Consumption (IR only): ≤0.1 W
- Auto Power Standby: Yes
- ECO mode: Yes
- Height: 6.375"
- Width: 17.125"
- Depth: 12.375"
- Unit: 17.6 lbs
- Shipping: 21 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 2 Years Parts and Labor
- All connected devices must be HDMI CEC compatible. Some CEC compatible TVs / players may not work.
- Compared to power consumption when ECO mode is off (Yamaha measurement).
- Some models don't support album art display.
- The Spotify app and premium account are required. Visit spotify.com for more details.
- As of spring 2014
- Compatible with WAV, FLAC and ALAC file formats, and input from USB / PC / NAS.